GDPR comes into effect today. I run a small site with google analytics, captcha and google fonts. Does GDPR affect me...

GDPR comes into effect today. I run a small site with google analytics, captcha and google fonts. Does GDPR affect me? If yes, what is the cheapest way to range block all euros?
pic related

Attached: Part-PAR-Par7996538-1-1-0.jpg (800x511, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

choice.npr.org
gdpr-info.eu/art-89-gdpr/
manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/en/man1/geoiplookup.1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Enjoy your €10 million fine scumbag.

>4% of your revenue collected

>using cia nigger shit

You forgot "or whichever is higher", if OP earns $1/year it'll be

oh good I lose money from the site. I'll send the EU and invoice
fugggg
It's convenient and there are no equivalent non-botnet options

RIIIIIIIIIIIISE LIKE A PENIS :DDDDDDDDDDD

>oh good I lose money from the site.
Read the official GDPR document, and block the EU until you've decided what to do.
The fines are serious. I heard they fine you either a large sum of money or 4% of your revenue, whichever one is BIGGER.

The large sum is €20 million, but what you specified is the MAX, not what the actual fine is. Considering it's yurop not burgerville, I suspect the fines won't start at the max by default and will take into account damage done etc. Also not your lawyer, and blocking the EU can't hurt (unless that's where you lose the least amount of money)

GDPR is a fucking joke
From information browser fingerprinting with JS provides you can roughly guess specs of all relevant computer parts, CPU model and OS, remotely scan local network for other devices, pinpoint the specific device out of billions, associate device fingerprint with IP addresses the connections come from and if some idiot turns on localisation services, even position with accurate timestamps. And this is very accessible, every website can do it.
(and in case of techno giants: ask other websites to put your botnet on their pages to track their sheeple everywhere)
how the fuck is anyone going to tell that the website isn't tracking all this?

actually read the GDPR faggot. you can still collect data, even without consent if you have a good enough reason (e.g. a law requires you to collect data)

My site isn't even monetised or meant for the EU. Euros only make up ~9% of the total visitors so I think I'm just gonna range ban them. I don't feel like spending my weekend making sure the site is GDPR compliant.
If euros want to use my site they can use a VPN or elect a better government.

redirect EU ip addresses to a 451 and call it a day.

>And this is very accessible, every website can do it.
Stabbing someone with a knife is also easy and cheap. Likewise, you're still not allowed to do it.

> how the fuck is anyone going to tell that the website isn't tracking all this?
Much the same way we might be able to tell if people are getting stabbed to death.

The affected people might notice or we might find the corpses (/sold or transferred data) elsewhere.

Oh, if you just locally hoard data but never release it or if you commit your stabbing crimes perfectly on the perfect victims, maybe no one notices. But it's supposed to be that rather than a stabbing / data selling & usage free-for-all.

>Being this mad Europeans have privacy and you can't track them with burger-lytics™ anymore

>My site isn't even monetised
But then it's simple.

If you just don't collect personal information, you should be fine.

If you collect personal information, get consent and have a script to dump the information / delete it on request.

If I just don't do anything, then if someone asks to "remove their data" or whatever, and I just delete my whole website because I'm not that invested, I should be fine right?

get cucked botnet faggot

choice.npr.org

It's this simple, really.

>elect a better government
1) The people who write these regulations are not elected by the citizens.
2) So a better government for you is one that makes it easier for everyone out there to spy on you and sell your data?

This isn't difficult: don't store people's data if you don't need to. If you have to, do it safely, be transparent about what you are using it for, and let your visitors delete their information. All basic stuff that everyone should have been doing by default.

I managed to set up a GeoIP block through haproxy. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.
thanks. exactly what I did
The problem is google collects data through their services which I run through my site. I also like to know where my visitors come from.
Nice digits. Too much work to create a text-only version and my site breaks w/o google fonts and it'll get spammed without captcha. I would also need to write something which gives the user all the data I have on them. Compliance is too much of a pain.
A guy who is running a small site shouldn't have to jump through a million hoops. They should have made an exception for little guys. We're not the bad actors here and I don't have the time or resources to hire a lawyer to make sure I'm in compliance.

>le smol guys argument
Lol, greedy niglets like you is what gives small business owners such a bad rap. Size of your site or business doesn't make you exempt from laws, faggot.

If your entity is as small as you claim, then there's absolutely no hassle in simply removing analytics. If you're not small enough for it to become a hassle, then you can afford the fucking lawyers to help you navigate through it.

Stop whining like an entitled millennial faggot and do your fucking job as the proprietor.

Attached: 1477889634066.jpg (800x800, 883K)

If you collect personal data like emails or ip addresses in conjunction with timestamps you need to be in compliance if you cater to EU residents.

>The problem is google collects data through their services which I run through my site. I also like to know where my visitors come from.
Maybe you shouldn't blindly let third parties analyze all your visitors' data? I'm ambivalent towards GDPR but I hope Google Analytics disappears

my server (like most) logs ip addresses and timestamps. Apparently "catering" just means handling their data so its broad.
>I hope Google Analytics disappears
I just want to know the country/region people visit my site and when. Do you know of any real-time alternatives that'll do the job?

You should post pics from San Francisco, you know, show the culture around your Silicon Valley jews.

Those guys who organise faggot prides and promote mah diversity quotas everywhere.

You're literally like the 56% meme.

get fucked faggot

>A guy who is running a small site shouldn't have to jump through a million hoops.
A guy who is running a small site also shouldn't have to put up with shit like GNU/Linux, Apache/Nginx, PHP/Java/NodeJS/Whatever, Javascript, JQuery, Bootstrap, the latest flavor-of-the-week meme framework, Postfix, spam filters, SSL encryption, SSH keys, Firewalls, intrusion detection systems, FTP/SFTP/FTPS, and and and....

and yet here you are, taking care of all that stuff.
but you're complaining that your customers want a little privacy that takes you 2 hours to implement?

> The problem is google collects data through their services which I run through my site
Enable only if user switched on a toggle that informs them of what it toggles?

It's an if statement, a toggle, and an explanatory snippet. No biggie?

> I also like to know where my visitors come from
Pretty sure you can simply keep statistics as long as you do not store/publish any personal data
gdpr-info.eu/art-89-gdpr/

>Stabbing someone with a knife is also easy and cheap. Likewise, you're still not allowed to do it.
It tends to leave bleeding holes, easily observed by the untrained eye. His point stands; how does one know what the site is doing internally?

>I just want to know the country/region people visit my site and when. Do you know of any real-time alternatives that'll do the job?
I've always liked the idea of knowing who visits your site, but also hated sharing things with third parties. I am going to write a local script you can run on your server and share it with Jow Forums in the next couple days. Keep an eye out. I'm thinking something that goes through your apache/nginx logs nightly and converts an IP address (255.255.255.255) to something like EUROPE::FRANCE::SHA5WITHSALT, and have the salt change randomly at the beginning of every month. Then the PII will be obscured because there won't even be a log of what the previous salt was. A monthly report in the form of a csv and an image will be generated as well and stored on your server, and you can read those however

>I also like to know where my visitors come from.
That's none of your business, though.

> His point stands; how does one know what the site is doing internally?
The point was it gets pursued if someone finds out.

If nobody can find out, then nothing happens. This also is the case if you murder someone or violate stock market trading laws, or malpractice as doctor.

Most of the shit the GDPR is designed to address IS extremely detectable. You're not going to share and sell information with 500+ partner companies now if you don't have consent to do so.

And you're probably also not going to systematically store data illegally. It only takes one ethical (or disgruntled) IT staffer that leaks your abuse, and you're fucked. Likewise for any form of externally detectable use of such data.

Dude just use a privacy policy Generator and a cookie banner - >done

manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/en/man1/geoiplookup.1.html

It is, to a certain degree.
You need to know what country a person comes from so you can potentially comply with law enforcement from that country.
For example, if you - hypothetically - ran your web server in a country where CP is legal, but somebody from France uploads CP on your website, it is still illegal for him to do that, and maybe you should contact his country's police

>Have dictatorship
>without the benefits of ethnic homogeneity

Only Europeans are capable of this

If youre not incorporated in the EU they have no means to fine you.

What about amerimutts?

true.. but you're essentially banning yourself from ever incorporating yourself in the EU in the future (if your goal is to become internationally successful)

Pretty cool. You'd think that the manpage would include the command sudo apt-get install geoip-bin

>For example, if you - hypothetically - ran your web server in a country where CP is legal, but somebody from France uploads CP on your website, it is still illegal for him to do that, and maybe you should contact his country's police

Or way less sketchy: 60% of your visitors are from France, maybe translate some of your shit to French.

Europe is over 90% white.
The whole Muslim "invasion" is blown out of proportion due to the fact that most Europeans had never actually met non-whites before.
I'm not joking either.
If you had the same amount of Muslims that entered Europe, but they entered the US instead, people wouldn't even notice the difference. They would just think there's a few more Mexicans than usual

> what gives small business owners such a bad rap
small business owners don't have a bad rap, you fucking retard

>Size of your site or business doesn't make you exempt from laws, faggot.
yeah. that's why he won't operate in an area with gay laws -- because he actually follows them, unlike you Tyrone.

>If your entity is as small as you claim, then there's absolutely no hassle in simply removing analytics
Until you accidentally restore someone's data from back up and serve it up over an API that was supposed to be "cleaned up" but got put in the backlog for an actual feature that makes your product actually valuable. Then, there's a huge risk.

>Stop whining like an entitled millennial faggot and do your fucking job as the proprietor.
Your the whining faggot, trying to control what someone can do with their property that you use without paying for it.

The only people happy about this are massive tech companies. They are the only ones that can afford to comply with such retarded laws. Any pretense of competition has effectively been destroyed by the Europeans.

xxxxxxdddddddddddddddddd

>I run a small site with google analytics, captcha and google fonts
Replace with server side analytics, captcha easily replaced, fonts not needed.

>They would just think there's a few more Mexicans than usual
I don't like those either

Jews have not been this mad since Trump was elected.

Just implement the privacy requirement you mongs. Banning people is not going to make you compliant if you already store their data, by the way.

>I run a small site with google analytics
kill yourself

Attached: ya know he has to do it to apple.png (390x3281, 191K)

I wont. Google Analytics has provided me with a wide variety of insights that I've used to grow my audience and generate more revenue. I have no reason to kill myself. It's easy enough to block EU visitors.

>I run a small site with google analytics, captcha and google fonts.
If this is your business model, you deserve every fine possible.

Piwik/Matomo already exists

GDPR is a pain here because the (web application) technology is designed from the ground up to collect user information. It's hard to stop doing that.

Just stop collecting user information.

what about if your country has trade agreements with the EU?

do you collect personal data?
If no, then you shouldn't care.

Well, I guess cancer like ha is some in we don't need of see, on Hethersett hand how hard would it be to make your site GDPR-COMPLIANT? Seems just like being lazy, and yet you own your own website.

I want to know what happens if someone just doesn't pay the fine and does not live in the EU?

Depends on where they live. If they are based in a western country with EU trade agreements like Canada/Australia (US?) they would get pursued by the long dick of the law if they were large enough.

I don't know firsthand since I didn't go but my boss went to a conference held by the South Australian government about it a few months ago. It didn't particularly concern our business since we don't deal with the EU but he said it was a real concern for some of our clients who do, so I guess Aus companies are well and truly in the firing line.

No it doesn't.

You know there’s perfectly sound alternatives to google captcha right?

GA doesn't violate GDPR unless you 1) deliberately hide the fact you're using GA from your visitors 2) selling the insight GA gave you to a third party.

>Make popup banner that say "this is what we collect", if any
>if you do not agree, redirect to blank page with no tracking or javascript notifying why

Wow, that was really fucking hard. Mutts at it again with the inability to read.

>accidentally store and collect user data

if you're unable to navigate the hindrance of not collecting data maybe you shouldn't be running anything

Attached: 806006068_31153.jpg (567x483, 23K)

when the fuck did ohter countries laws own your internet?

Attached: rundown.jpg (600x338, 47K)

size of business grants all sorts of loopholes.

for example, landlords with fewer than 3 housing units don't have to accommodate faggy support animals

Problem is, google is the one storing the user data, so OP isn't actually affected. It's in google's park.

The GDPR used to be called the BOGDPR but they had to rename it to keep low-key.

>Jews have not been this mad since Trump was elected.
I have bad news for you