I really wann give DuckDuckGo a try but I feel like it's too good to be true. Tell me Jow Forums...

I really wann give DuckDuckGo a try but I feel like it's too good to be true. Tell me Jow Forums, why is DDG not trustable?

Attached: Capture.png (864x504, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
not-secret.com/index.php
not-secret.com/index.php?user=3585568
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What the fuck do you niggers search for that you're so afraid of being tracked?

inb4 Jow Forums

just stop using the internet faggot, go do something useful

inb4 somebody posts that absolutely retarded infographic

When you have to decide between a search engine that is known for spying and one that isn't, the choice is easy.

Please don't ask for it.

Which one

>proprietary core
Why not use SearX? It supports "bangs" in the form of shortcuts for a myriad of things, is completely open source, you can host it yourself or use one of the thousand instances available, and you can grab results from dozens of different sources.
github.com/asciimoo/searx/wiki/Searx-instances
>inb4 "it isn't as pretty as DDG/Startpage
End your life.

Wondering this also.

what about the quality of the results? the worst part of not using google is no other search engine can give you results as good

Goole is run by pajeets and SJWs, the DDG founder may be a Jew but at least he donates to a bunch of open source projects.

not-secret.com/index.php

Google is available as one of the sources.

Attached: egNdttR.png (787x820, 51K)

Just use startpage

Results seem about as good as Google. Pretty much everything can be toggled as well, and you can evade paywalls for academic shit.

this.

>Implying DDG doesn't spy on you

Bold user

oh shit, that's neat, I'll give it a try.

Its Founder/CEO, Gabriel (((Weinberg))) is a Jew

Attached: images (2).png (214x198, 2K)

Apparently its jewy founder was involved in some shady data privacy issues back in the day.

2006. oh boy.

not-secret.com/index.php?user=3585568

Data on me is mine. If you want it, you better shovel out them shekels.

I can't even figure how you make candles out of that.

Attached: 1527302349129.png (720x1280, 118K)

It is too good, they still sell your data.
Their parent company got big by dealing in data and data mining.
DDG even states they record data if you read very carefully.

Who in tech isn't?

scam

>Who in tech isn't?
Isn't Richard (((Stallman))) a Jew?

Attached: Stallman.jpg (400x400, 23K)

worse at everything than ixquick/startpage
and this

You also can't use the !bang syntax without basically being pushed to 3rd party search engines anyway. What's the point of trying to stay untracked if you're just going to get double tracked?

SearX seems legit. I just came across the project recently and I've been trying it for myself. It has been usable for my purposes.

This, but with the caveat that you're probably going to have to host your own instance if you don't want to time out every five minutes.

UH GUYS

Attached: IMG_20180526_011117.jpg (502x943, 35K)

It's not about what is explicitly searched

It's using data analysis you can't even comprehend to build a profile of your personality and predict your behaviors.

Be afraid

I've been using searx.xyz for a while without issue, but I'm sure there are other instances that could have this problem.

Good but slow as fuck.