Why own a home theater when movies can be watched on phones and other portable players? I just don't get it...

Why own a home theater when movies can be watched on phones and other portable players? I just don't get it. Seems like a handy screen and headphones is all that is required to enjoy movies. Whats the point of a home theater again?

Attached: 1527149072142.jpg (720x576, 38K)

Watching movies with other people, which is a bit bad and ironic as you're most likely alone if you're the kind of person that have a home theater.

Why own headphones when you can play sound on your phone's speaker?

>not impressed

Attached: lynch.jpg (214x317, 13K)

Well firstly, the iPod you posted has a resolution of 240×376, which is not nearly close enough to actually make out details and cinematography.
Second, if by home theater you mean a projector and all that jazz, then I sort of agree with you. A film can be enjoyed fully with a good 1920x1080 screen and a decent sound system. But a mobile device will hamper appreciation of a film because you would either have to be constantly holding it, or you would have to watch it on your lap or something.

>why food when u can eat ur own feces?
fuck off lonely weirdo, kys irl

There is plenty of resolution. It just needs to be close to the face.

Attached: fadfdf.png (1197x643, 515K)

Because not everyone wants to hear your shitty rap music Jamal.

No, the number of pixels physically limits what information can be conveyed, and holding it closer to your face will just cause strain and further discomfort. I mean, it is completely possible to watch something on such a screen, but subtle detains and appreciation for the cinematography are heavily diminished.

Because I bought a 65" A8F OLED for 1100 dollars, and that will give me an infinitely better experience than watching shit on a tiny screen with terrible resolution (I used to watch movies and shows all of the time on my original iPod video)

Some people are far sighted and they want to have it across the room to watch it with other people.

Normalfaggots basically like it, they won't get glasses and or even if have friends get them to bring their own screen and agree to watch mostly the same shit. Evolve already guys. A tiny device is like 50 dollars, and it does tons of shit, yet people buy these huge and expensive dumb monitors to this day. I do not understand, desktop plus computer monitor notwithstanding, I"m refering to tv monitors. You hold it closer to your face and it's the same size.

>you're most likely alone if you're the kind of person that have a home theater
Can't see the connection

>65" A8F OLED for 1100 dollars
Sounds like bullshit.

Get on any audiophile thread and you will see.

Attached: is this supposed to be bait.png (625x626, 67K)

Your thread was shit the first time you posted it, it only gets worse from here

i use a desktop computer so I dont get CANCER
doesnt sstop me from reading retarded threads like this of people whove never read any of this shit, use shit that is (wireless) and don't care.
you deserve your brain tumor

You do realize everyone dies in the end right? Better to go by brain tumor then ass cancer. At least a brain tumor there is a chance of being transformed into a genius with telekinetic powers. With ass cancer the victim just wastes away in a diaper full of blood and feces.

Attached: 0aa0f90d87b4.jpg (1000x565, 46K)

Why own a car when you can ride a bike?
Nigga, are you retarded or just pretending?

I dunno the question kinda makes sense. A home theater is wasted space that could be used for more productive activities. Its not like home theaters can come close to the resolution and sound dbs that theaters can. May as well use one of the several portable devices already owned for casual movie viewing and go to the theater more often for bigger experiences.

Lurk moar

Its much better to watch movies on a huge TV with my gf
I guess incels like you can use a small screen to accomodate your penis size

weak bait.
off urslef if u unironically think you can appreciate a movie with such resolution.

>implying 4k resolution isn't available on every type of computer or device these days

>phones
>portable players
>4k
uh-huh, tell me more

what a truly stupid thread only possible from a brainlet
consider suicide