Loud

>loud
>hot
>bulky
>powerbills
Anyone getting the desktop fatigue? I'm planning to take apart my Xeon rig and sell it piecemeal since no one will buy a second-hand custom built desktop. I hope I can get about 20% of what I put into it 2 years ago....

Attached: 1497824634326.jpg (1407x923, 172K)

you wont get 20% less you will get 50% less

dumb anime poster

Sell it to me the mother board and the cpu and ill give you 80% its price
Depnding on what it is

In the future remember rpi and odroid.
Nice rig with decent specs for gaming, cluster of arm devices for servers and filestore.
Almost no power draw, even if 24/7

As for your rig, you're fucked unless you can find a friend or someone specialized to sell it to.
Maybe on this board?

>Complains about weeb posts on Jow Forums.
How fucking new are you?

Attached: 1518853008591.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

Sell it piece by piece. Make an ad for it on ebay or something. Alternatively, something I've done before, contact a local seller on ebay or amazon that is selling used parts that are similar to yours and see if they will buy it off of you for around half or 2/3 of its worth. You might sell your whole system at once like this if you're lucky.
Just selling the parts at all is the issue, since no one wants your used shit. Take what you can get as quickly as possible.

l2read, even then 50% is wishful thinking.

>ssd
>decent aftermarket CPU cooler
>fanless PSU
So the only things we’re left with that aren’t practically completely silent are case fans and a GPU which doesn’t run all the time. I’ll buy the rest of your arguments. Maybe you are the market for all these mini/NUC units that are being offered, I personally don’t see the appeal.

>buys power hungry, inefficient shit rig
>complains
Wow. How about getting something modern that will not have any of those problems?

>loud
>hot
Invest on a case with better acoustics, a quieter PSU and quieter refrigeration system.
>bulky
You can solve this by buying small form factor cases.
>powerbills
Make sure you have tuned your power settings to the appropriate level for your current task.

>Xeon
At work some departments have dual xeon systems and they are very quiet except when people start rendering stuff and the GPU fans go up.

>overclocked fx-8350
>fermi thermi
>relatively small room with poor ventilation
i don't use my desktop computer too much during summer. it's not loud though, i have huge 120mm twin tower cpu cooler, gpu cooling modified to use normal high-profile low-rpm fans, and proper case. Quiet enough.

Attached: 1466837085141.jpg (500x500, 78K)

>hope I can get about 20% of what I put into it
that's why you don't sell old tech but rather preserve it as mementos for your grandkids

Just turn on the AC.

anime website

Attached: 1463711494263.png (347x429, 219K)

non anime board

on an anime website

Just put it on local trading site and ask for offers
Sold my reflowed 6 year old gpu for $150 that way

>anime meta discussion

>SSD
Enjoy the botnet
>Decent aftermarket CPU cooler
Pay only 50% more than a few years ago for RGB!
>fanless PSU
Lasts less longer than a normal PSU, costs more

Sorry user but that was just stupid.

Still the only reason I stopped using my desktop and using my Thinkpad more was because I was so limited as to where I could use it.

> Enjoy the botnet
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean?

>complaining about anime on an anime website
>>>/reddit/