About to install LineageOS on a Moto G3. Anything that I need to do or to know before I do it...

About to install LineageOS on a Moto G3. Anything that I need to do or to know before I do it? There is a thing that I dont understand, do I need to Instal gapps?

Also, the wiki recomend to use "freecyngn", what about ir? Is it still usable?

Attached: 1366_2000[1].jpg (1000x518, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.lineageos.org/devices/osprey/install
opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=nano
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
youtube.com/watch?v=ug-cflQFueM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>gapps

Entirely up to you but save yourself some extra space by ducking installing gapps and install Yalp instead it's basically Play Store and can download anything off of it

Use the official guide:
wiki.lineageos.org/devices/osprey/install
Put Gapps on it if you want a functional device and you're not a tinfoil hat user:
opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=nano

microG is a good replacement for gapps and most apps that need gapps will work fine with miroG

Can you expect better battery life by doing this?

Attached: 1311109502418.jpg (685x567, 48K)

>Anything that I need to do or to know before I do it?
I found that AOSP Extended 8.1 performs better on my G3. But I recommend you to try both and see which you like most.

>do I need to Instal gapps?
If you want gapps, yes. If you are a freetard, no.

lies

get microg and phonesky.apk from opengapps
Play Store access without the google bloat

Only if you don't install gapps

Nougat gave me like 30 minutes

I'd like to print out that the lineageOS14.1 made the camera better by allowing you to deactivate noise reduction, which os pretty agressive um stock imo

Stop spreading fud

Lineage camera is fucking trash tho

freecygn is deprecated btw, all proprietary parts are gone from stock lineage

That's why you use Google Camera.

you first

Every single Google Camera port I've tried was broken as fuck. What are you using?

Attached: 1509819978373.png (1070x601, 381K)

Go back to your CPU wars thread, brainlet.

Not him but you could try miui camera

ok google shill. stop spreading bullshit about microG. the only problem I've had with it is (((google play games))) doesn't work

Try the one that's included in the OpenGapps stock package. If you're not satisfied, find the XDA thread for your phone and see what custom GCam ports are available.

How useable are their releases? There don't seem to exist any stable builds, just nightlies.

Will try

oh, it's a redditor too

Attached: 1525082832211.png (645x773, 87K)

not an argument

Why did you post a picture of yourself?

well, fug

Attached: Screenshot_Camera_20180526-102624.png (720x1280, 43K)

no

why can't i install this shit in an old phone?

Did you give it the permissions? Camera api v2?

dumb poltard

>Did you give it the permissions?
Yes
>Camera api v2?
No idea senpai

>nightlies
Weeklies. I was upset too when they stopped building snapshots, but they're fine. Used them as daily drivers for years, without any major issue. Obviously, it could be device dependent and it might be a better experience if your phone is a popular model (Snapdragon, easy to unlock, kernel sources available, sold well).

Try to here too:
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

hey guys moto g4 here
Weeklies are a bumpy ride at best. For a while the phone app autosuicided forcing me to make calls from texting. Little shit.

Feels good to be without gapps, but even osm is not as good as maps. Depends on your noid.

Attached: Screenshot_20180526-095614.png (1080x1920, 103K)

charge your phone, faget

>autosuicided
autosuicided itself

Coming from Miui chink botnet.
I'm afraid of switching because miui has pretty cool features like app lock among others and I'm afraid of having worse battery life.
Should I switch?
Redmi note 4

Forgot to add. Alternatives to those features?

>app lock
Lineage has this too

> installing some 3rd party malware onto your phone

Just buy a fucking iPhone for fucks sake. They are much more secure.

>closed source
>more secure
lol

Didn't know. Google said nothing about it, perhaps it has a different name. In what version? 14.1 or 15.1?

Lineage, not Google. Both have it
youtube.com/watch?v=ug-cflQFueM

That video sucks tho. All you have to do is go to Settings > Privacy > Protected Apps and select the apps you want to protect.

I said Google meaning the search engine gave me no answer but thanks anyway lad.