Is Jow Forums still using ccleaner?

is Jow Forums still using ccleaner?

Attached: 1498098618845.jpg (200x150, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

koshyjohn.com/software/diskmax/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/ccleaner-malware-outbreak-is-much-worse-than-it-first-appeared/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>proprietary

no since windows xp

Considered harmful. Install Bleachbit.

this. available for GNU/Linux too.

Yeah

Of course. Give me a single reason not to
>Hurr you can do all the things CCleaner does yourself!
CCleaner is faster. And I've never had my registry fuck up due to it.

Yes, using this for years.
If it hasn't actually improved the computers I used it on, at least it didn't do anything wrong either.

>PC "cleaners"
>U GOTA PRESS THE KLEAN UP BUTTAN EVERY WEEK SON OR THE COMPUTAR WILL GET SLOW

2012 wants its 50 y/o normie memes back.

Attached: ba.jpg (259x286, 21K)

I didnt really like that time they included malware with one of the downloads. I do like the software but really on Windows all you need is Diskcleaner and the Optimize Drives for TRIM/Defragging

I do, mostly to get rid of log files and thumbnails for files that don't exist and the lot.

garbage post

>I didnt really like that time they included malware with one of the downloads.
This. Ended up grabbing BleachBit and Wise Registry Cleaner instead.

See and

>is Jow Forums still using ccleaner?
I used CCleaner on WinXP. It was great at deleting junk files. I never used the "registry cleaning" feature because every security/tech website I read at the time said at best registry cleaners were useless and at worst they are dangerous.

Today, I spend most of my time on my linux distro. I boot into windows10 for muh gaems. But I really don't have a need to delete "junk files" because I don't install much of anything on W10.

It is interesting to see that people on Jow Forums think registry cleaners are useful. How are they better than using regedit?

Wait, Ccleaner is harmful? In what way?

Good call, Hillary.

In no way. I image people who perpetuate this meme hit every checkbox in the program and then clean so when it does something they didn’t want it to do (erases their precious Facebook cookies for example) they stigmatize it for life. I’ve used ccleaner for years across many PCs and have never once had any of these “harmful errors” that people so vaguely point to.

koshyjohn.com/software/diskmax/

Made by a pajeet who ended up working for MS Azure team.

>Install latest update

Not you too...

Attached: fdfdfd.jpg (841x406, 54K)

In September 2017 the creator of the application released a Trojan Virus which sent all your information including private information to it's main server, and then locked your entire System from being used again.

Where did you find the "Privacy" option in CCleaner? It isn't available for normal users.

ehh? it's right there m8 just download the latest version.

Fear mongering fool. At least try to be factual when shitposting
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/09/ccleaner-malware-outbreak-is-much-worse-than-it-first-appeared/

Don’t (You) me until you read it.

No need to read this, I was alive and functioning when the events were unfolding. The fact is that the took your information, and locked your computer from all access when they were done doing so.
Nice shilling though, I hope someone believes you.

um clearly you weren't though since you seem to think the perpetrator of the trojan was the "creator of the application." Unless you were a high profile target AND using the 32bit version you were not affected in the slightest. As far as the information stolen it has been cited that the types of information queried were no more intrusive than what other programs do daily without your consent anyway, and no one seems to have an issue with those doing it. And again, please correct me if I'm wrong, but no one's system was further infected by the attack if, again, you weren't a high value target. Ultimately if you were using the 64bit version then you were never in any harm to begin with

not really as much anymore because usually all it ends up doing is clearing browser data and recycle bin. i use that wise disk registry thing sometimes so i don't have to reboot before installing things, but that's about it. most of my time in windows is for gaymes anyway and GNU+Linux doesn't need a tool like this.

look where did that software take you.

Attached: ShillaryCostco1.jpg (588x806, 434K)

h-hey, not to be intrusive or anything, but I just have to ask. Intel and Microsoft shekels are really losing value quickly since there are so many gentiles finding out about the program lately. even the Spotify shekels I earned last month weren't enough to pay for my subscription. do Piriform shekels pay well?

>Wise Registry Cleaner
I'm just trying it out, and there's a 'System Tuneup' tab in this program. Is it any good? Most of the options there are too vague to guess what changes they encompass.

This

I just tested it out.

Why the fuck is this gonna take 2 hours? Fuck me Jow Forums

Don't just check all the boxes, check only the ones you want. One of the boxes is a function that basically shreds free disk space so that you leave no trace of the files that you deleted previously, or the files the program deletes. It's called 'Free disk space', under 'System'. Cleaning should take like 3-10 seconds.

Attached: 1338935558139.png (2250x2500, 1.18M)

>Considered harmful.
So people are just gonna upboat this since it appeals to their biases?

>Cleaning should take like 3-10 seconds.
No. The free disk space option should never be checked- and they warn you of its obscene length if you try to you check it- but Windows installs that have never run ccleaner tend to take hours as they remove all the garbage from Windows updates failing.

I just checked everything except passwords. Well I guess its good anyway because I havent done this shit in like 2 years.

>>I didnt really like that time they included malware with one of the downloads.
They were literally compromi-
It's honestly retarded I'm insulting myself responding to a false equivalency post as if it's intellectually honest and not just fucking propaganda.

-They were literally compromised, so it was not malicious on their part, unlike utorrent silently installing a bitcoin miner then only saying sorry once caught
-it only affected the 32-bit version and the cloud version
-The context behind it was not a systematic rollout by Piriform (unlike what utorrent did), but rather the ones in charge of certain releases compromised them, undermining Piriform' intent
-The scrutiny Piriform is now under after this ensures they will not fuck up again
Seriously, fuck off. They didn't "include malware with one of their downloads" you dishonest nigger. The 32-bit and cloud version of their program was compromised due to their intent being undermined by another party, and this having happened means people hoping for them to fuck up again means they now have the greatest incentive to prevent this from happening again, which only happened from their intent being undermined anyway, since they were never malicious. Consider the fact that by using dishonest wording to misconstrue what happened, you're conceding that communicating honestly is not enough to convince others of what you have to say, in which case you forfeit your own criticism. "t. ccleaner shill" is all you can say at this point, since you have no defense besides accusing me via an ad hominem to have reason to explain why you're wrong.

>The free disk space option should never be checked
That is what I meant (my post does seem slightly ambiguous).
>but Windows installs that have never run ccleaner tend to take hours
Really? I've never experienced such long clean times, even when running it on computers with slow HDDs. Google finds some stuff about windows 10 internet cache, and long CCleaner startup times, but nothing like that.

You don't really want to shred data if you don't intend to hide it, especially on an SSD.

>system ""optimizers"
i use disk cleanup after every major update and thats it, and i do it because its just a habit of mine
its utterly unnecessary

rocking EasyCleaner.

WUT

Attached: file.png (1051x796, 209K)

this

They sell microfiber cloths with Hillary on them.

It's been the best free software revenue strategy of all time.

Attached: 1525979345135.jpg (377x567, 19K)

>installing software from comedian devs

Attached: file.png (1242x977, 430K)

To. be fair CCleaner has gotten better over the years. I once spoke with my ISP over the phone to fix my internet, and they asked me to install CCleaner (already had it), and they asked me to run it multiple times. It used to keep finding stuff for a few passes. It stopped doing that a few years ago, so the program has potentially been optimized to minimize time spent cleaning as well. But I've absolutely had CCleaner running for multiple hours, to lift multiple GB, and even dozens of GB of trash left by Windows Update. But the last time I tried was 2016 the latest, when i installed W7 on a new HDD.

block it on firewall you terminal autist, no wonder you're like 40 and still virgin, obese and lonely, eat shit and die, thanks.

>Everyone should be just as miserable as me
Sour grapes - The post

Attached: 01866e93c72216609f8961cd0896e474196c8b9e79557bcbd5de1b530d900136.jpg (837x448, 60K)