Would you buy a used 1080 TI for $450-$500 or wait for the 1180 which will be out in June/July?

Would you buy a used 1080 TI for $450-$500 or wait for the 1180 which will be out in June/July?

Attached: 1527038574393.png (349x376, 224K)

depends on the cpu you have right now.

i aprove.

buy the 1080 ti, it will keep you alive for a long damn while. your pc will be fine for even 4k gaming for a year or 2

you could liquid cool that shit for like 100 bucks more so you could just do that.

>used
No. I'm not against GPU 2nd hand, but a 1080ti used after cryptocrash isn't worth $500, that's what it should be new, a year old card.

He's got the receipt and claims it's 3 months old, idk

Is it for the same 1080ti though? I'm not sure if there is like an product number engraved on the PCB/chip that would be on the receipt. Check if he sells more cards and check listings under his mail on other sites and reverse image search pictures you got from him.

So many factors at play here with the launch:

But yes, because when the 1180 comes out it will only be a small improvement over the 1080ti and you will NOT get them at MSRP for the first year, if you can even get them a year within launch. Miners WILL get the majority share and places like Amazon, Newegg, ebay, etc will jack up the prices (just like with every launch, but it will be even worse now that bitcoin is more mainstream and they know they can milk mofos for more)

Also, bitcoin is gaining steam again and is slowly rising.

>Inb4 bitcoin isn't mined with GPUs

1. people still do
2. (and this is the big one) the price of bitcoin has a heavy fucking influence on other cryptos. When Bitcoin crashes like it did after the near 20k mark and the selloff began EVERY other major crypto tanked like a mofo as well. When bitcoin started going back up so did all the other majors ones too.

The only way it will be worth it is if Nvidia (and maybe AIBs) does direct to customer sales for their founders cards but also has a metric fuckton of supply (which they never do). Only then will the prices be somewhat normal. But with the price fixing of ram chips being investigated and shortages ( thank you Apple and Samsung) Nvidia and AIBs might be able to do much in terms of supply, so ready that anus for high prices.

TL;DR

Buy the 1080Ti, watercool it and overclock the shit out of it. (get a custom bios and i can bet that it will be the 1180)

why would anyone watercool the GPU

are you retarded?

i'm looking to buy a GTX 1060 6gb superclocked in France , the old price in january was 275 euros but it was near 500 euros during the BTC crisis , now it's still at 300euros and going down at 289/284 euros during special deals (especially the PALIT GTX 1060 6gb) , will the price go down when they release the 1180 or am i fucked ?

similar question here: should i pair a 1070ti that i can get for msrp now with my 8600k or should i wait for the next gen gpus

i intend on getting a 2560x1440p @165hz monitor but the games i play aren't the newest most demanding titles, except for the upcoming b5 and cod bo4 that i intend on getting in november

stay away from evgas 1080ti

its loud and hot.

tried an MSI card with 2 bigger fans, its way better.

just buy a new 1080ti, the 1180 will be slightly faster and cost twice the price

Hell you don't even need the heatsink just remove the fans too

Tell me where I can buy a FTW3 for ~500 €. Would be immediately.

Your local washed-up cryptominer

450?
why not?

Is the 1180 going to be a new architecture or just a refresh of the current stuff? I still don't see any need to upgrade from my vanilla 980.

Attached: 1402035780668.gif (217x217, 1.46M)

just look at history. the top card in the #currentgeneration in the last 15 years always turned into either the new $200-$250 to $300-$350 card.

if we look at maxwell -> pascal
>980 ti ~~= 1070

then when we break down the second top card of the new generation vs the new high - midrange card
>980 vs 970
>1080 vs 1070
~~20% difference

so chances are, that "1180" will be around ~25% faster than the 1080 ti. that gap depending on the clock of that 1080 ti. like for example. the 1070 was "~10%" faster than the 980ti if that was a stock, reference ti with tight tdp settings. but nearly every single after market 980 ti was factory overclocked and had a higher tdp rating. so that gap was anywhere from 3-5% difference. 1080 ti's are generally the same. hard to find one at stock clocks with a stock tdp outside the $100 overpriced founders edition.

like wise looking at maxwell vs keplar refresh.
>780 ti == 970

then keplar vs fermi refresh
>660 ti = 580

> Jow Forums is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
> Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
Mods, please!

>out in June/July?

they may announce it (paper launch) in June/July, but you sure as fuck won't be able to buy one until fall

>implying nvidia gives a shit about non miners
probs a refesh

if i want to give nvidia more of my money, i'll wait for the 1180ti that they'll drop six months after the 1180 for like a hundred bucks more

t. 1080fe owner

Liquid cooling is a meme, especially if you do it yourself and don't plan to OC the card

I guess. I had a loop already and wasnt a big deal to add the card. Got a chink block for 80$. Card is 45c max even under benchmark. Meme life is best life.

no

i paid that in u$d for a 1080 g1 oc new last year

Will prices for the 1080 ti go down when the new one comes out??

Hope the 1180 comes out so the 1080 price will go down and I'll finally buy a 980.

4k at 60fps is not worth it

teach me how to liquid cool pls

Depends on your monitors. The 1180 will be significantly better for 4k.

Has there been any hint what the 1180 will be priced at?