Why do so many people (boomers and middle age women in particular) buy huge and bulking cases for their fucking phones...

why do so many people (boomers and middle age women in particular) buy huge and bulking cases for their fucking phones. It adds like 10 pounds of weight and looks ridiculous.

Attached: hugefuckingcase.jpg (2000x2000, 120K)

I've used Otterbox defender series since they first released. Keeps you from being another idiot with a shattered screen.

>using any type of case

so does not dropping your phone, or wearing a thin case

Because they don't get another one if they break it

Imagine a timeline where you're old enough that your parents are dead and you actually have to hold onto your money, because nobody will help you or bail you out.

accidents happen my dude. i don't want my $1000 status symbol phone cracking just cause I dropped it when drunk

what's with millenials and broken screens

i heard they don't put cases on they because they like the ~aesthetic~ of carrying around a small pane of glass. their parents just buy them a new phone when they shatter the screen so they never learn

Maybe you should stick it up your ass then

T.itoddler

millennial don't care about their shit that their parents buy for them. Unlike the self-made man I am.

Because marketing is super effective on boomers and middle aged women.

>2018
>not having a credit card that provides phone insurance for free.

"Millenials" have kids of their own already.

>see someone whip out their phone
>the screen is cracked
Hey, maybe those cases are a good idea given how many people break them. It might not even be their fault, I have a Galaxy S7 and without a case it slips out of my pocket easily when I'm sitting. Thin phones are a design flaw.

Because they grew up with limited resources. Not everyone is hipster fuck that's leaching off their parents to buy a new gadget whenever they want. Once you buy an expensive items, you care for it because you know you won't be able to afford a new one if that one breaks.

People who can't afford just getting a replacement, shouldn't buy expensive toys in the first place. If someone is so paranoid about a piece of tech they put it into a nasty case, why not just get something cheaper and don't worry?

>Instead of buying something nice and taking good care of it they should get something cheap and disposable so it doesn't matter if it breaks
Only people who live with their parents still don't take care of their possessions.

We're talking about smartphones specifically, that shit is disposable whether you buy one for 50 or 1500 bucks, and pretty useless compared to a cheaper dumbphone unless you're a nigerian without a laptop.

Hence it only makes ANY sense to buy that crap when you already don't know what to do with your money, kinda like diamond rings, fancy watches or a gold plated vibrator. Why would you buy either and "take good care of it" instead of not wasting clearly limited cash?

Because they can afford that. The boomers can also afford to go to Mexico and southeast Asia to have sex with underage children because that's what boomers do. Their men might even come back with a ugly dark slanted eyed Filipino as a bride.

umm sweetie some bulking cases are actually pretty based. Too bad the software driving it is crippled. If apple got behind this they could of smashed it out of the park.

Attached: inkcase.jpg (800x600, 62K)

There are cases that add the headphone jack too

Works for me op

Aluminum cases are pretty comfy, they come with multiple layers and even their own screen protector

Attached: C36C2016-CB18-4D5F-BE80-BC6BA1BAFAA6.jpg (444x331, 26K)

You don't even know how to use t.
//

t. Muhammad

because they aren't vegans and they can lift more than a gallon of onions milk at a time.

Phones outside of iPhones and Samsungs don't break into a million pieces when you drop them like a retard. My Pixel has lasted over 20 3+ foot drops and only has mild scrapes on the corners.

How do you manage to drop your phone's? Do you all have weak faggot hands that cant grip for shit? Damn basedboys.

Attached: DgdY3nH.jpg (439x640, 157K)

>Why do people wear helmets when driving bikes?
>Why do people use seatbelts when on cars?

usually my hands are so worked or callused that holding a slippery piece of glass 2017 iPhone is a roll of the dice towards dropping $800 to the ground. the sides are too narrow, albeit beautifully designed, to just pick it up off a flat surface easily.

I never understood this either. I just have a nice screen protector and skin to protect from scratches and my phone always remains in perfect condition. Also not being a retard with your belongings helps

>be interesting and cool
>buy the new iphone
>its cool for 3 months
>buy a trendy case
>again cool for 3 months
the cycle of the normie consumer

Attached: original.gif (500x720, 231K)

Getting drunk is a much more dominant status symbol of your weaknesses.

Your chinese sweatshop jeans are a design flaw.

>buy expensive as fuck phone because its "so nice"
>ugly it up with a case immediately after

why?

Attached: 1513142211660.jpg (500x500, 32K)

i have a nexus 5x and it was way to thin and light for me. I got a nice case that makes it more substantial. Feels a lot better to hold.

Because they are used to taking care of their items as they expect them to last. Unlike fucking milenials:
>new iPhone yey!
>oh I dropped it and broke it! Lol snapcjat this shit!
>mom... buy me new one!

I didn't get financially comfortable by replacing my phone every year because it's scratched to hell and been dropped a dozen times. I protect my expensive stuff because I have a brain.

But you enjoy your 0.0001mm thin phone user.

i just use an apple leather case, i know it's ridiculous it costs 55€ and it's the second one i buy but it just werks, and it's stylish as fuck

Because they don't know about impact resistant phones

Because they're children - hence the iPhone - and cannot be trusted with any expensive device.

When you put your $1000 status symbol inside of a $5 brick of plastic that makes it look like a children's toy, it's already irredeemable.

because 25 year old boomers can’t into aesthetics