/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: 1508193322976.jpg (244x250, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sevenforums.com/tutorials/177357-thumbnail-cache-prevent-windows-deleting.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ok I installed magisk on my phone now what

Antimalware Service Executable is on constant ~25% CPU for hours and with Process Explorer I can see it has written 50+ GB on c:. If I manually try to stop it in Task Manager, it says "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied.", even if I run it as administrator.

What do??? It happened yesterday too, then a reboot helped it.

Attached: 1517353359568.png (1558x210, 41K)

Try disabling Windows Defender?

Should I always do a clean install when updating my graphics drivers or only when I'm having issues with it?

Would it be a bad idea to wrap a video card in cloth for protection when transporting? Biking with it in my backpack.

Always
DDU is your friend

is there a free video editing software which allows you to slow down or speed up a video in small increments? for instance, let's say you have a 120 minute video. You want it to be 122 minutes without having 2 minutes of black screen added somewhere. it would take the 120 minutes and slightly stretch it out to 122 minutes

Blender.

Do I need to use that or can I just choose the "clean install" option in the AMD updater?

It's possible to initiate variable size array using the memset() function with any value other than zero?

Shit you are using AMD?
idk man

alright I'm clicking the clean install option wish me luck

What the fuck is that one music downloading service called? It has a purple phoenix or something as its logo. I totally remember the interface and logo, but the name escapes me. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Attached: 1527277807986.jpg (2048x1536, 814K)

How do you stop Windows from deleting the thumbnail cache? Every time I go into my Jow Forums folder they regenerate again. I also use Icaros of that makes any difference.

Attached: 1488927628522.png (728x810, 428K)

Soulseek

good luck

t.im drunk any post made by me should be taken with reserve

I want to know this too. Fucking annoying.

God bless you, friend.

Attached: 1527342228318.jpg (768x960, 113K)

I'm learning how to use PyQt for GUI of some of my applications. Is it better to use a .ui file linked to the .py file, or convert ui. file to a .py file itself.

A program switched my monitor resolution but then crashed. I was able to switch the resolution back to 900p but now everything is blurry.
How do I fix this?

Looks like it installed fine. Thanks user don't drink too much.

There's a bunch of registry meme settings that you could change or you could just stop Windows from deleting files in the folder, effectively making it so it can't delete the cache. See:
sevenforums.com/tutorials/177357-thumbnail-cache-prevent-windows-deleting.html

nevermind it fixed itself

ayy its fine
hope it turned out ok

Attached: 1422282043014.jpg (628x478, 108K)

>I'm learning how to use PyQt for GUI of some of my applications. Is it better to use a .ui file linked to the .py file, or convert ui. file to a .py file itself?
fixed

I'm pretty sure it did don't worry my man

Actually works, cheers.

What's with this?

Attached: Capture.png (428x74, 5K)

What is the easiest way to implement gpg?
Key creation/distribution would be handled.
Boomers would need to be able to send/receive with ease

why is my rx 480 at 99 load for new vegas? my old 750ti never even reached 99. I dont have any mods enable. Thats not the only this card is doing this for

im looking to upgrade my i5 -4460 but found out 1150 cpu's are pretty much non existent and with all the recent exploits found in graphics cards and processors i was thinking maybe its a good time to wait. anybody got some advice as to when is a good time to buy, will it be announced when they release new processors that aren't fucked from the factory floor?

check the programming thread that doesn't really belong here

Attached: 1526631123762.jpg (888x1120, 178K)

Will kingroot root $30 walmart phones?

>kingroot

>compile basic C code with -static
>expected 10-20 KB size

>compile pretty much the same basic C++ code with -static
>2MB > file size

Why? And is there a way to "fix" this?

Will anythin root $30 walmart phones?

How can I learn to properly configure the kernel in Gentoo? I don't really know what I need and don't besides that I had to load the tun module to get openvpn to work.

Attached: 1501922092592.jpg (1366x768, 1.2M)

Long story short, I had been trying out a VPN free trial but was not impressed and I shut down comp and went to store. But apparently shutting down while it was still going has caused some sort of prob on my 5g band. It isn't able to connect to DNS server and when I try to run that VPN it was freezing, so I totally uninstalled and my 5g band still isn't working. But my 2.4 is working normal and shit. I think that VPN just did something to block my 5g from connecting properly. Is it possible to just go reset everything about the 5g to default and then reconnect to my wifi?

Attached: 1336286105931.jpg (500x500, 33K)

I want to make a forum, from scratch, just for fun.
Can anybody redpill me on how HTTP works, and how can I make backend in C++ (since I know it, I mean I can use library, that works with HTTP(S) and send necessary HTML respond)

Just to update here. I've flushed DNS, changed to auto obtain DNS, then changed to Open DNS, removed all firewall rules from the VPN and finally did a network reset from win 10 settings menu. But I got BSOD'd with a driver power failure after the reset and reboot. 2.4 still working normal and 5 still getting no DNS response.

No idea what the hell is going on.

Attached: 1516500532647.png (400x333, 91K)

is going from 1920x1080 monitor to 2560x1440 a sizable noticable improvement?

Why does Radeon have more then double TDP to do the same thing as GeForce??

I went from 1080p to 21:9 1440 and it was a humongous difference. 2560x1440 would be very much a noticeable upgrade.

Don't use kingroot it's basically malware. Learn how to unlock your bootloader and flash SuperSU to root your phone instead.

can I delete gnome in ubuntu without messing up everything?
I'm using kde and gnome login screen is showing when I turn on my computer

Attached: 0cxiVBZ.png (1056x587, 47K)

Unless you're running low on disk space there really is no reason or need to delete gnome. Gnome (the desktop environment) and GDM (the display manager i.e. login screen) are separate software packages, so if you want to see the KDE login screen instead you'll have to sudo apt-install it.

>using explorer to select what picture to view
>using explorer at all

What are some essential iPhone apps?

Probably not. It's case by case though. Look that shit up on xda by model number.

echo 10 | sudo tee /sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0/brightness
or similar

Levon eats the poo poo

how the fuck do i force the nojs captcha (preferably universally, not just on Jow Forums) without chanx? i really dont like all of the changes and settings i have to fuck with when all i want is to not have fucking 30 dumb fucking chaptchas to solve per post. even just being able to completely disable everyting about chanx BUT nojs captcha would be ok with me.
googling doesnt seem to come up with anything for the end user, it all seems focused on devs and serverside shit.

How do I extract every little endian from a .wav file?

is my monitor kill?

Attached: IMG_20180512_232606.jpg (3328x1872, 3.79M)

what are some fun/neat things to do with a server or VPS?

whats a good program to hardcode subs onto a video

convert option on VLC can combine SRT file with the video

my cpu is OC to 4,20 GHz but task manager says its over 5 GHz
what did win10 mean by this

Attached: task.png (1161x749, 57K)

How the hell do I turn virtualization on in my motherboard/cpu, I'm trying to get MEmu to work but it keeps saying it isn't turned on, this was the only thing I saw in the startup bios, it looks pretty direct to me, don't know why it's not working.

asrock extreme6/ac motherboard with i7 5820K cpu

Attached: IMG_20180526_171026.jpg (3968x2976, 3.27M)

does it work for touhou music?

Probably, not at my pc right now to check

If anyone has anything to offer here I'm all ears. As of now I'm on 2.4 which is alright, but laggier. I mean 1st world probs I know, but if I can fix my 5ghz I'd love to do so.

Attached: 1526345776663.jpg (471x497, 31K)

ffmpeg can do it, assuming you already have subtitles
if you're a pansy who's afraid of command lines, handbrake is a gui for ffmpeg

What's a good free VPN to use for facebook.

Attached: 1513352020683.jpg (244x206, 9K)

I am guessing 4 cores at 4.2 is 16.8 GHz total, and 5.16 GHz is roughly 30% of that total. So your percentage and 5.16 GHz is across all cores. I don't use windows though.

VT-d is already enabled

Make a crypto puzzle like Lain user.
You definitely can delete Gnome if you don't use it. apt-get remove gnome should uninstall the meta package which will then let apt decide which gnome dependencies are no longer needed. So just because you remove Gnome, you will still have a working GTK because many non Gnome packages still use gtk.
sudo dpkg-reconfigure sddm should configure the kde display manager to be used instead of gdm.

>superSU
pfft use magisk

YES user! this is bad. Go to any computer store and ask if they have antistatic plastic left over. I am sure they will. Don't risk your GPU, put it in the antistatic plastic and then wrap in a cloth.

could it be intel turbo-boost? this is my first intel cpu so i dont know much about its features and bios settings

I very much doubt a core with a baseclock of 3.4GHz would run above 5GHz. I think speccy should be able to give you the Core frequency and temperature. My opinion is that overclocking is a meme, and I would advise keeping a fire extinguisher near your computer if you find that intel turbo boost is pushing your CPU above the 4.2 OC that you set.

except this says it isn't, and the emulator won't load past 59%

Attached: file.png (1380x753, 625K)

>free vpn
>good vpn
pick one

mullvad is pretty cheap

Is there an applock app that actually does it's work without the botnet and gay ads?

Attached: CYMERA_20180525_091336.jpg (768x1024, 217K)

how backend dev portfolio should look like? ._.

WHY

Attached: 1-12.jpg (357x372, 10K)

too smart for sqt
too stupid for dpt

ipconfig /flushdns

Going to travel around the US by plane for relocation. Does shoving my drives and video card inside an anti static bag inside my carry on sound like a good idea? The rest would be checked in inside my case

Help me out Jow Forums. The last few days I've been hearing a specific sound from my PC.
I think it's the hard drive shutting down (?), my PC doesn't crash because everything important is on the SSD.
I've pinpointed it as the harddrive because when it shut down I went and saved a random picture to it and I heard the sound of it booting up straight away.
Now I've run some diagnostic tools but every single one says there's no errors. In two years I had this PC nothing ever made this sound so there must be something wrong

Install random modules and then go complain on XDA

I get stuck 'downloading metadata' when trying to download a torrent

I havnt used my VPN in a while but it works fine without it

Any ideas?

I'm running a Piwik/Matomo instance on my personal website. Do I need to do anything to make it GDPR compliant? Do I have to enable the opt-in banner even though the IP address is already anonymized?
I don't use the data for anything. It's just interesting to see where people who visit are from etc.

Does anyone know how to search with regex on the Jow Forums archives? Desuarchive, etc?

bump?

No, unless you're wait like 10 years, the new processors won't be any different.

My dell m4700 came with 210Watt power adapter that weights almost 1.5kg and it's size of a literal brick.
Can I buy lighter 90W adapter with same amperage for travelling? (210W would stay with docking station). Will my laptop run fine on it? Amirite to assume it'll be ok, only charging times would be longer?

>same amps, less watts
this is only possible if the voltage was lower, in which case it wouldn't work at all
a lower wattage (same voltage/lower amps) power supply might work for slow charging, but may be unable to power the laptop in operation (may need to turn it off or put it in standby to charge it)

Anyone can help me with this:

netsh winsock reset
Last resort.

Not much point in waiting, the next major CPU releases are next year. Get Ryzen 2.

Your own OpenVPN server on a VPS.

vpnhub

Are you on Windows? Check the advanced power plan settings and modify "Turn off hard disk after" to 0. That way it will stay on.

hipster detected

I fucked the BIOS in my machine and I’m resetting the motherboard, how do I get this out without breaking the video card

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.89M)

top tier bait, my user

Nvm got it

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.46M)

What's the best way to spoof my location for my phone?

Is there a guide for getting started with IRC? I used to use mIRC about 15 years ago, then gave up and abandoned it. Now I miss it. I have installed weechat but I don't know anything about how to use it. The instructions, man pages, etc are useless. I don't know which servers I should be connecting to, I don't know where to look for IRC channels, I couldn't even get it to connect to the Jow Forums one where the moderators hang out. Please help.