32-bit installer images are no longer provided for Ubuntu Desktop

32-bit installer images are no longer provided for Ubuntu Desktop.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

GNOME3 won't work properly on anything anyway that doesn't have a 64bit CPU
Use Lubuntu

Not sure why you'd want to use Gnome anything in 32 bit anyway. The DE would be take over 1/4 of your ram.

What processors are you using, user? I have a few core solos from 2006 laying around that are 64 bit

Are you using a fucking Pentium?

no he`s a delusional thinkshit with a "still viable" laptop

>op has old stinkpad
>even obongo doesn't want to support it anymore
>op trying to fit in but can't ryo install or use another distro

Attached: 1487012282525.gif (800x430, 897K)

>1983+35
>using a fucking debian reskin unironically
shiggydt

Attached: 4.jpg (600x604, 34K)

then stop using ubuntu

My 2005 ThinkPad has a 64 bit processor

install debian

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-26 21-48-02.png (768x1366, 281K)

No it fucking doesn't.
My T60 came after that and it's 32bit only.

explain yourself

Attached: DcFEjF0WsAAondm.jpg (996x1024, 99K)

I saw the light and realized that 9:16 is the best resolution.

You've meme'd yourself up your own ass, proud of you user.

Attached: 1525124023030.jpg (598x448, 31K)

but user

Y-yes?

fug whoops

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-05-26 21-18-05.png (768x1366, 615K)

I don't like seeing options die for my old machines. They are still useful.

>They are still useful.
If that were the case they'd still be supported.

You still have plenty of options. Ubuntu just isn't one of them.

Shit, you can run Gentoo on an 80486. Only reason you can't use an 80386 is because the kernel itself dropped support for the 386 sometime in 3.x.

I have at least 40 machines, many minimum i3 first gen. I still like my older machines, and stop being niggsters.

I'm more concerned with the screen keyboard.

Attached: 1524693010519.gif (306x245, 86K)

>They are still useful
Though you are not.

When I was trying to install Ubuntu 12 on an old Latitude D600, since it doesn't have PAE, I had to install 10.04 first, then update. The more obscure your setup, the less likely you'll get haxored, right? :^)

>i3 first gen
And this is relevant how?
Luddite.

Slaves are still useful, but widely unsupported.

Attached: 1523971095916.gif (245x163, 640K)

And the problem is..?

How comes a 64 bit operating system works on it then?

Core Solo's are 32 bit, you mean Core 2 Solo's

god I can't wait for the year 2038 so you fucking hipsters are finally forced to move on from your ancient thinkpads and other shitboxes

Your 2006 32 bit Chinkpad has a Core Duo
His 64 bit Chinkpad has a Core 2 Duo
Upgrade your T60 to a Core 2 Duo, the T7200 goes for 2 USD on AliExpeess and eBay
Damned are those with X series that have Core Duo's and Solo's

Install Gentoo

>being stuck in 2005
I hate to say it but it's time to upgrade your hardware or switch to a smaller hobbyist distro that still supports your legacy hardware. If it makes you feel any better, NetBSD will support your machine until the end of time.

Just use 32 bit Xubuntu or something if you don't want to use a different distro.

>Ubuntu Desktop
Probably more disgusting than the fact that you're actually running a 32-bit desktop environment.

Use this to get good and run Debian.

also
>wants to use ancient hardware
>claims to want to get the most use out of old machines
>still wants to be running bloatware ubuntu shit
Peak hypocrite faggot, just put Windows 10 on it you fucking fake ass

My OS hasn't been susceptible to the 2038 problem for years.

>tfw i fell for the 64 bit meme

Remember about 10 years ago when there was a big push to get people to use Linux, and a big deal was made about how it would work perfectly with your current, aging, hardware that Windows would be sluggish on? Now it's saying that you will have to buy new hardware if you want to run it (at which point a normie might as well run Windows).

The fact is that a late 32bit CPU (like a CD) with 4GB of memory is still totally usable today because we've stagnated.

>Now it's saying that you will have to buy new hardware if you want to run it
What is "it"? There's plenty of Linux distros that work fine with old hardware. Ubuntu isn't one of them.

Useful is not always profitable. XP was still useful, but that didn't stop Microsoft ending support for it to encourage the purchase of new licenses, and Windows 7 is still useful but that didn't stop Microsoft from even giving out Windows 10 for free to be able to make datamining cash off the users.

Ubuntu used to be the go-to install for "old" hardware that ran even faster than Windows XP, now even light DEs like XFCE run worse than Windows 7.

>Slow-ass function calls are perfectly fine!

>Ubuntu used to be the go-to install for "old" hardware that ran even faster than Windows XP
Back in the Gnome2 days, sure. But Gnome3 and Unity are heavyweight DEs.
If you run old hardware, pick a distro&DE suited to that. Expecting every distro to cater to every use-case is silly.

>now even light DEs like XFCE run worse than Windows 7.
What? No.

Anything post 2005 is 64bit. Also keeping a separate code base for 64bit and 32bit because someone out there wants to run the newest version of OS on a 2002 machine doesn't make sense. You can just use whatever the latest 32bit version is and just backport security patches. Or you know, c2d dells are like 20$ on ebay.

You think that's bad, I recently tried to run Linux on my K6-II machine and not even Gentoo would boot.

Attached: Typical_Java_Programmer.jpg (411x401, 41K)

>tfw mint dropped support for earth-based technology
Now what distro am I supposed to use?

Install gentoo

64-bit processors are 15 years old at this point. Even shitty laptops you can find at thriftstores have them now.

An old piece of shit can be useful as a home server, but there is no point in using it as a desktop.

>64-bit processors in consumer hardware are 15 years old
FTFY

XP was obsolete. Prove me wrong.

Then use something else or the last one available and manually add depositories for the software that needs updating.

>official support ends, the sky is falling, its the of the world, look there's a wolf

Install umbongo

Attached: screenFetch-2018-05-27_12-36-11.png (800x1280, 246K)

Why would you want 32bit for a modern desktop? Nobody ships 386 builds any more either.

this
even the installation process is the same nowadays so there's no excuse anymore
ubuntu and its flavors have literally no reason to exist since debian lets you pick from most of the DEs anyway during installation
just add non-free repos and you have all your drivers and shit

*buntu is basically retard fodder
if you see someone with ubuntu or mint installed you can easily tell they're macfag-tier mouthbreathing retards

Protip: most of the Ubuntu crew were escapees from core Debian. Without Ubuntu, Debian would revert to the paralyzed shitshow it used to be, but with added SJW bullshit.

Attached: um bongo drinks.jpg (1596x1600, 317K)