I just bought this iPhone 6 for $40 off of Craigslist...

I just bought this iPhone 6 for $40 off of Craigslist. The owner was selling it cheap because they forgot their password and couldn't figure out how to unlock it. I figured I could just wipe it and start fresh but I can't figure out how to reset it. Google hasn't been much help unfortunately. Does anyone know what the method is?

Attached: 110_145.jpg (600x450, 24K)

GIVE

Give it back, Jamal.

you got cucked for $40

Its in good shape though. I just need to reset it.

that's the problem

GIVE IT BACK

You need to use recovery mode in iTunes/QuickTime
At which point the feds know where you are

the only way to reset it is to connect it to itunes on a pc or mac and log in with the apple account it was set up with

And Apple
And the owner you stole it from.
>QuickTime
wat

Email the seller. Tell him to remove his icloud info. He can do it remotely.

GiVe It BaCk

No, you just need to buy a new motherboard. You *can not* reset an iCloud locked iPhone.

Can't I just set up a new account?I will message them now.

If it's the icloud password he forgot then you're screwed. Otherwise use iTunes to restore it to factory default

that ban should come any moment now...

Taniqua...

That sucks. I thought this would be a cheap fix. Where can I get a new motherboard? Will an Apple store install one? Hopefully the seller gets back to me soon with more info. I don't want to have this phone torn apart.

Attached: nigger.jpg (1280x768, 118K)

yeah, try taking it to your local Apple store, user.

Congratz, you bought a stolen phone.

Let me tell you how it will work.

>go to apple store with stolen Iphone
>They take the phone and put in the serial number
>Serial number comes out stolen
>They hold it whilst waiting for the police
>you get a felony

Probarly what you deserve.

Attached: 1500160915835.png (1263x1060, 1.09M)

These threads are hilarious.

try Jailbreaking or try to reset it through itunes. I think you bought a stolen iPhone

Are you retarded.

Do these people ever get banned for stealing iphone threads?

and oh yea OP. GiVe iT BaCk

Yeah. I remember making one for the laughs and I got a week ban for requesting something illegal

OP here. Seller hasn't gotten back to me yet. Strange because they were quick to respond when setting up time to meet. They are probably busy since its a holiday weekend.

Just wanted to say fuck all you trolls saying the phone is stolen. Its not. The seller posted it on Craigslist. No thief would post stolen goods on the internet. They seller just couldn't remember the password and sold it to get cash for a new iPhone because they couldn't figure out how to reset it and wanted a new phone anyway.

Press home and the lock button until the phone shuts off, then when the Apple logo appears, release the lock button and keep holding home until it boots into recovery. You can then restore it using something like Apple Configurator 2, but that won't get you past activation lock if they enabled it.

Attached: 5279-16830-11723.png (1000x630, 151K)

I bought stolen graphics cards to mine with two years ago. the nigger had no idea what they were worth at the time so I made a sweet roi

I'll give it a try later tonight. Out on the town about to party it up right now. Thanks for the info.

>The seller posted it on Craigslist. No thief would post stolen goods on the internet.

Attached: 5497046+_f6689e150c86f855fe87a87c884f64cd.png (625x626, 41K)

Stupid trolls. I told you its not stolen. Go shit up some other thread.

Try username
>root
no password

Try eating a gun.

kek, i'm crying

Jamal, just give it back to the person you stole it from

Jamal you should read the stolen iphone info-graphic:

Jamal bin that gun

Even if you didn't steal it, and your story is true, my guess is the seller probably stole it themselves and fucked you out of $40. And how fucking naive are you to think people don't post stolen goods on the internet? Probably 10% of what's listed on Craigslist in my metro area is stolen. Hell, I bought a Macbook Pro a few years ago in the city where I went to university and I'm pretty sure it was stolen, but unlike iPhones, all you needed to do with those was swap in a new hard drive and do a fresh install of OS X. And make sure never to bring it in to Apple for any reason.

If the seller was quick to respond to you in order to offload the goods, but not quick to get back to you with information to unlock and use it, then it was likely stolen. Have fun with your very nice $40 paperweight. Maybe consider salvaging it for parts and selling off the screen etc?

It’s funny. If you weren’t retarded you would know you can make it work with some parts

Don't listen to these faggots. You can flash the phone with ReiBoot. Find an image of the OS and use that as the source when quoted to choose an image to flash from. Furthermore, you can find cracked licenses for ReiBoot so it should be free with a bit of searching. iPhones and iFruit devices are easy as fuck to get into if you don't have the password.

Attached: 0ae93ecfc4b5b641284d29902c82a6e4--tough-times-gregory-peck.jpg (625x797, 52K)

is DFU mode not a thing anymore? like just hold some buttons lad

Attached: dfu.jpg (600x430, 87K)

you can't trust a new computer without imputing the password retard.

>dfu bypassing iCloud

You do it while you're in recovery mode, retard. I've done it to numerous iCuck devices before and it works perfectly fine.

Back when i had an apple shit you could wipe anything with DFU and use it but that was before icloud was a thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stop lying dude. Yeah you can flash the IPSW under DFU just using iTunes, however while setting up the phone iCloud will pop up and ask you for the Apple ID password to continue. Unless you have it you are stuck.

The password can only be bypassed IF the phone doesn't have a iCloud Account connected otherwise it triggers the Apple ID protection upon reflash.

Kill yourself.

No, you don't have some magic trick that unlocks iPhones magically.

No, you didn't find some secret backdoor that neither the FBI nor other companies didn't found.

No, the youtube videos telling you "bypass iCloud with this trick! you won't believe" don't work.

Not if FMI is turned on. You can flash it, and then you still won't be able to use it after boot.

>reddit spacing
>m..muh iphones are most secure phones on earth
>kill urself xd
I just proposed a solution to the problem. It worked for me, perhaps there wasn't an iCloud account associated with the phone at the time, but it had a passcode and so it worked. Who knows, maybe that phone doesn't have an account associated either. A try can't hurt.
P.S. back 2

Don't mind him, he's retarded, he will probably come up with "well, it works on my machine!!"

Congrats, next time learn to read before replying the same thing i posted.

There genius:
>The password can only be bypassed IF the phone doesn't have a iCloud Account connected otherwise it triggers the Apple ID protection upon reflash.

That is true, but I seldom know anybody that actually uses Find My iPhone. I mean, he might as well attempt as he's pretty much got a bricked phone anyways and there's always the chance that it'll work.

Give it back, tyrell williams

Didn't bother to read with the reddit spacing user.
I suppose if something works for one person but doesn't work for another that automatically makes the first person retarded, amirite?

:3

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-26 at 10.46.20 PM.png (1920x1200, 797K)

>"i was just pretending to be retarded"
:^)

>muh reddit spacing

They're called paragraphs you dumb nigger, and are used by most humans who write English to make text more reasonable.

>using ad hominems
Jokes on you, I wasn't pretending to be retarded.

pretty clever to use an android emulator for apps that aren't available on linux.

>No thief would post stolen goods on the internet

>theiving

have fun bending it jamal

>They're called paragraphs you dumb nigger,
Those are some short paragraphs leddit nigger.