What kind of speakers do you use in your set up? are they just on your desk...

What kind of speakers do you use in your set up? are they just on your desk, or do you use them for a home theater set up?

what kind of receiver/amp do you use?

ive been thinking about upgrading from my cheap $40 2.1 logitech speakers. Im deciding between the Polk S15's, KEF Q10''s, or the ELAC B5.2's. The Polks are the cheapest at around $200, while both the KEFs and the ELACs are around $250.
I would be using them on my desk if that makes a difference.

Attached: 1.jpg (531x389, 47K)

Pic is my set up. Room looks different now, but you get the idea.

Attached: Room Pan 2.jpg (2908x1537, 919K)

Go with KEF as they have the tweeter in the woofer. It will make it sound more coherent.

Attached: ns-bp200_piano_black_j_1920x1920_ba762f829326198cb3f1ae4e5ffc8a31.jpg (1920x1920, 387K)

teac lsh265 + chink amp.

Microlabs solo9c

I use harman kardon soundsticks II

the biggest budged BT "portable" speaker I could find.

Fewer cables on my table, sound is loud enough (for audiophile music listening I switch to headphones), look nice (ANKER SoundCore 2) and double as mobile phone spotify party/podcast speaker.

Currently some shitty logitech speakers, but since I want to get into music production (as a hobby) I should really get some decent monitors. Any budget recs for active monitors? And I need something to interface them with my pc as well as my guitar and mics so I guess I'll need an audio interface with both instrument and mic inputs and a balanced output as well.

iloud micro monitors. you don't need anything else honestly

Wharfedale 10.2s. They're just on the desk, but I've been looking to buy some stands.

bought some 3 years ago
on the desk hooked to the pc
quite happy but curious about what other things might sound like

Attached: BX2_smsl60.jpg (1593x1428, 269K)

Neumann KH420 at the desk, Spendor BC1A in the living room
no receivers, they're all active

Look into getting a focusrite audio interface. Pick whatever model suites your needs.

JBL 305/306/308 mkII

my dad built some big speakers in the 70s hand built at a technical school

have some sony tower home theater speakers from 2001 or some thing

also have some bookshelf's that I built myself by finding these plastic cubes from a pool shop and drilling holes in them and mounting some FOCAL car speakers in them with a mini tweeter to the top right on them also.

Honestly would recommend finding some speakers or getting some random ones second hand off gumtree and then researching the manuals for them or opening them up and looking and model numbers and doing that to maybe 3 sets of speakers and then work out what you like.

just buying because you think new stuff is "technically advanced" isn't smart. also some speakers you only buy to produce music and sound like shit for casual lessening.

>also some speakers you only buy to produce music and sound like shit for casual lessening
I see that old myth is still going strong

Using the cheap Hercules XPS 2.0 60 (non "DJ" variant, which seems to be nowhere to be found nowadays), they work well enough for casual listening. Their built-in amp is good and a source with ViPER FX is a really good choice for these.

Edifier R1280T's, cheap and very good speakers.

Mackie CR3 CR Series 3"

because i don't really care about audio and thewirecutter told me they were good

agreed

Attached: 29102043_345526249268608_2723973690335730323_n.jpg (540x960, 76K)