Replacing Microswitches

Have you ever done it? Any tips?

Attached: 35445656.jpg (329x282, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eDoXMJyimDU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get one of those solder sucky things, and some copper mesh. sometimes one of the two doesn't work right, depending on the board.

but the real protip is to just buy a new mouse man.

I have a g700 that double clicks horribly often.
I guess the best solution is to throw it away because a switch malfunctions.

Learn how to solder before you replace a microswitch. Seriously.
Just find a dead PCB, any PCB, and practice what you learn on paceworldwide's tutorials.
Tip I can give is clamp the switchbox down with pliers or something so that it's seated firmly, until you solder the first leg. Don't linger the heat too long.
For desoldering, you can try slightly pulling apart the copper braid so it's finer and you see the solder being sucked up.
Generally, don't exert any stress on the solder pad at all, just make contact heat transfer.
Godspeed and post results

It is absolutely not hard or complicated, but takes some practice if you've never done soldering. Train desoldering on something you don't need.

that's what you get for falling for goylitechs marketing scams

add solder until you bridge all 3 pins, then it will fall out. to clear the solder out of the holes, touch the iron underneath the hole and blow sharply from your mouth.

I learned to solder doing microswitches, those things are pretty forgiving. I'd just heat the three pins sequentially while pulling on the switch from the other side and little by little it would get desoldered. Of course you can get the job done better with proper tools, im just saying that even underage me with a 5$ chinese crap iron could do it.

I bought a ROG gladius for this reason, it has socketable microswitches that are easily replaceable . Other than the dudegames branding it's a good mouse

If you have a double-click problem, you can just fix the spring inside the switch.

youtube.com/watch?v=eDoXMJyimDU

I wouldn't go thorugh the hassle of that, but that is a very nice video and I didn't know about that yet. Thanks, user.

Attached: 1508518026867.jpg (640x640, 78K)

>Any tips?
Try these

Attached: Conical_Set_3.jpg (1000x1000, 41K)

>Of course you can get the job done better with proper tools
Get some coaxial cable braid. Soak it in soldering fluid or flux. Apply it to the solder joints and then apply heat. Remove braid once the solder flows.

Alternatively, get a paint-stripper gun with a small nozzle. Carefully heat the solder joints. Be careful!

lmao
but conical tips suck

Mice with replaceable microswitches are a thing?

Attached: image.jpg (623x516, 348K)

Yes.

kys consumerist faggot

I open them up grab the litte copper plate thing from the new ones and put in the old one then close it up again.
It goes back to working for another 6 months before double clicking ensues.
And it only cost me like 3 dollars for 10 or 20 on ebay.
The only switches I use a soldering iron are keyboard ones where I have to swap everything up.

I see ASUS, and a couple unknown brand mice. Any others that do this?

Deathadder is notorious for having doubleclick so some Jow Forumsurus have fixed replaced their microswitches. I learned this AFTER tossing my deathadder.

Attached: 1468973005940.jpg (630x405, 46K)

I'm talking solderless. Fuck Razer.

I imagine most will have the switches soldered in for a secure fit.

I don't fucking care. I'm asking about solderless. Go away.

Attached: switch.jpg (912x637, 129K)

>triggered nerd.

Okay dude.

Be careful with the temperature. You can actually damage traces while soldering. I was replacing switches with no practice and little knowledge and after a few replacements I ended up with pic related. You should be fine as long as read up on it, it's nothing difficult.

Attached: IMG_20171231_023424.jpg (2448x2448, 1.28M)

I've done it on a G303, but then the damn scroll wheel failed soon after.

I'll probably get one of those Asus mice with the easy plug switches if I keep running into the double click problems.

solder sucker and a hot iron.

The switch should have very little resistance coming off of the PCB.

Pay attention to where the screws are. If they're under the teflon pads, you may also need replacements when doing the repair as removing old ones may cause them to never sit properly on the mouse.

replacing microswitches isn't hard at all. For soldering switches, you may want to consult /mkg/
It's very similar to soldering a switch on a keyboard, just smaller.

Attached: photo_2018-05-27_21-17-58.jpg (1280x960, 144K)

> throwing anything away ever

Attached: image.jpg (900x900, 334K)

They're switches, not triggers.