At what age did you grow out of Linux Jow Forums, and stick with it only for servers?

At what age did you grow out of Linux Jow Forums, and stick with it only for servers?

Attached: images (19).jpg (450x300, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/2467824/windows-pcs/idc--windows-dominates-linux-in-servers--not-just-the-desktop.html
computerworld.com/article/2469469/network-software/windows-widens-lead-over-linux-in-the-server-market.html
youtu.be/b89fKsT1i7s
youtu.be/1dBjSr4ovgE
store.steampowered.com/steamos/
youtu.be/Mq-Y93N40o4
youtu.be/j2vTStG6Yys
youtu.be/8wbhDhnsqE0
youtu.be/jowCUo_UGts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

20 years old now I am Macfag

why would you get tired of being free user?
y-you're not a slave, are you?

Few months ago.
Fell for Thinkpad / Linux meme in the last summer. Switched to mac a few months back. No regrets so far.

At around 20, after my first IT job, when I realized everybody uses Windows in the real world. I'm 29 now, incidentally.
By the way, I don't even use it for servers. All the companies I've ever worked for only use Windows Server.

When will people grow up and realize that linux is just a kernel?

Literally didn't become a Linuxfag until my mid-20s, and have been using GNU+/-Linux as my main OS since I was 30.

Just shut the fuck up already. Nobody cares about that. Linux is a kernel AND an OS.

When I was 20.

Thanks God now Linux is much much better than then and I use it as my one and daily driver for last 3 years.

As my age advances I need Linux more than ever. Because my exercise bike runs it.

I use Windows on the desktop like a normal person.

I didn't. Still, I consider having it be only for servers when I am able to become a macfag.

Currently I'm torn between Win10 and Linux. Linux is great great, but having to switch between them isn't. Maybe I won't become a macfag if we end up getting support for Adobe and Autodesk software, and having a healthy integration of C# environments, but I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

I literally went the opposite way. Used Windows on all my servers and my desktop, now I use gahnoo slash loonix for everything.
It's objectively superior for people who want to get the most out of their software.

I feel linux is far superior to linux in regards to productivity once you transcend the ricing faggotry. That said, the fact that we don't have support for as many software products is a pain.

I don't care much about >muh freedoms. Fuck, I live in a third world country. There isn't freedom anywhere on this Earth, much less so in my country.

But I consider learning how to fiddle with Powershell, and once that happens maybe I'll start to abandon Linux, if it is as good as Bash.

Not sure what you mean by this OP. Linux is a kernel, how can one "grow out of" a kernel? Also it supports many types of systems besides servers, including desktop, mobile, embedded, industrial, etc.

Judging by your picture are you suggesting I should use windows? I've never used it but I'd try it out, can you send me a link to the source code so I can get started compiling it?

i use linux for researching, prog, networking etc.
ok, the linux desktop is shit but i don't care.
I use a seperate harddrive for windows, need that 2 times a year, i never play videogames or need anything windows can do. I am really happy with linux.

>it's a "winfag pretends to know what a server is" thread again
Jow Forums is such a shit board

>it's another "freetard pretends his toy OS is relevant" post once again
Just stop it already, this is getting embarrassing.

Attached: 1491923427773.png (1385x945, 200K)

Around 22 went back to win7 and will probably upgrade to 10 after support ends

>source: 2015 windows survey of 212 business professionals
please try again and this time look for data points that aren't cherry picked

Feel free to post your own sources if you don't trust mine, faggot.
computerworld.com/article/2467824/windows-pcs/idc--windows-dominates-linux-in-servers--not-just-the-desktop.html
computerworld.com/article/2469469/network-software/windows-widens-lead-over-linux-in-the-server-market.html

Attached: 1499113257876.png (800x571, 82K)

>post your own sources
no, arguing with shills is a waste of time
also your "sources" are all flawed, vague and meaningless, but keeping thinking what you want to think

Not an argument.

i'm still not buying windows, it's shit, sorry

Wow Microsoft BTFO how will they ever recover?

>being this cucked

by not publishing doctored studies and then hiring retards to spam them on Tajikistani manicurist forums

The freetard butthurt ITT is nearly palpable.

Attached: laughing_at_you.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Attached: yep.jpg (680x543, 39K)

youtu.be/b89fKsT1i7s
GNU Os / Linux Kernal

Attached: ultimate OS.jpg (540x393, 13K)

>he uses window in 2019
>>>>>

Attached: girls-laughing.jpg (600x536, 77K)

Never
I own both
Linux for web browsing and hacking
Windows for school and games

you do realise you can play games on GNU Linux and also do schoolwork r-right faggot?

>play games on GNU Linux
youtu.be/1dBjSr4ovgE

Cringe
And some software just needs windows
I'm not running Ubuntu with wine

>computerworld
shit bait, try harder next time

No u

Attached: Muh freedom.jpg (550x496, 65K)

store.steampowered.com/steamos/

Why not just give my computer cancer

>Why Linux Gaming Performance Sucks
maybe stop using your dads shitty desktop
(GNU linux has steam btw)
>and some software just needs windows
name one

you don't belong here sweetie, go do some homework

>Why not just give my computer cancer
well it already has windows on it

Dam...
Well shit, now I gotta install gentoo

Steam
I belong where ever the hell I want too

>windows
>knowing how to do fucking anything on a computer
pick one

>Can't afford a Mac
Hence why I only use linux unless I'm forced too

I've been using Linux for desktop for about 12 years now and have never outgrown it. I dunno... maybe there is something wrong with me.

Jesus Christ these Stallmanist GNUtards are out in full force lately... Just accept that your shitty bloat either wouldn't even exist or would be stuck with your shitty HURD and used by no one if not for Linux.

>bloat
>GNU / Linux
good one

?

>On Jow Forums
>Doesn't like linux
>Thinks it's full of bloatware
NORMIE GET OUT!!!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: true OS.png (1400x1522, 1.51M)

>shilling this hard

Attached: lol-emoji.png (1170x1170, 611K)

found the newfag

Cheese and rice these Normies are out in full force lately... Just accept that your shitty life either wouldn't even exist or would be stuck with your shitty onions and used by no one if not for milk.

*dabs on you*

NORMIE GET OUT
youtu.be/Mq-Y93N40o4
youtu.be/j2vTStG6Yys
youtu.be/8wbhDhnsqE0

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: gentoo to pentoo.png (1284x877, 73K)

Where'd you get the idea that I don't like Linux? I'm just sick of this bullshit pissing contest.
>i use gentoo btw

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

?

> >Doesn't like linux
Doesn't like GNU.

>Where'd you get the idea that I don't like Linux?
>Jesus Christ these Stallmanist GNUtards are out in full force lately... Just accept that your shitty bloat either wouldn't even exist or would be stuck with your shitty HURD and used by no one if not for Linux.

Attached: lol.jpg (1024x737, 275K)

Oh thank god
He's just a linux user

>Not using kali
>Not using Pentoo
Lame virgin computer fag

Attached: gentoo.jpg (1920x1080, 145K)

> using kali
> using Pentoo
> using any meme distro on a regular basis for epeen internet points
You are a Jow Forums regular, I see.

I get why people don't like GNU
But I'm gonna give a FSF Os a fair shot on a trany boot computer

ubuntu + i3 is vastly superior to the meme macOS. Rock solid and configurable with all the packages you could ever want to extend to your system capability.

The only non-man child setup. Even Jeff Dean says i'm right.

>doesn't use kali
>doesn't use pentoo
NROMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>didn't even read the post

At least we don't use cancer os
or overpriced linux ripoff

as insane as Stallman is, he is a reason why we can have a choice in a open source OS

this actually

It's okay
He uses gentoo
He knows how to fix a computer

Except that none of his shit would even be relevant with the Linux kernel. :^)
>GUHNOO SLASH LERNERX
>MUH CREDIT

without*

Linux Kernal wouldn't be much with GNU os
It might of been slaped onto a BSD os
Then we would have a god kernal in a outdated Os

dammit

I used it when I was 14. Mandriva was my favorite. I'll return when I get a Ryzen APU laptop if the support is going to be good, something kde or lxqt based most likely(fuck gtk).

macOS is the only OS you’ll ever need.
Strengths of both Linux and Windows, weaknesses of neither

>Except that none of his shit would even be relevant with the Linux kernel. :^)

Attached: what.jpg (700x504, 66K)

Ya got me.

Attached: 1520737960028.jpg (600x299, 18K)

You got that mixed up friend. It's proprietary like Windows but has only a fraction its software. And windows is binary compatible with linux nowadays.

>Worse of both OS's
>Forced pay from apple problems
>Can't run most software

Hey everyone, let's point and laugh at the idiot

Attached: worried-laughter.png (520x678, 301K)

top kek

> implying not using what you like is bad

Attached: d97e501419d526ba1c70d3eeee53555fffc54bcd.jpg (680x473, 191K)

Well no shit
He's a linux user

So this is what the Linux community is like.
Think I'll just go back to Windows 10.

No
This is the Linux community on Jow Forums

this is what /g is like
back to plebbit ya go faggo

Mmmmm ehhhhhhhhhhhh
Yeah, no, I think I'll just keep shopping around, thank you though.

normies really have taken over /g haven't they

Alright
Suit yourself
That's what GNU/linx is based on
Freedom of choice

>can't recognize irony on Jow Forums
>calls others normies

Attached: 1524009955804.png (383x301, 86K)

Kinda
All the Mac fags can't accept their company fucks them in the ass then ask for money to stop
And then they gloat about it on here

typical normie
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

pepe sad frog
r e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e

this

nice try, satan nutella

Attached: satan nutella.jpg (800x534, 125K)

my question is
why?

Attached: 21ko.jpg (550x818, 104K)

30. Now I use BSD

Dam nigga
You a old school OG
youtu.be/jowCUo_UGts

You got this young linux bloods respect dogg

hes based (unlike you)
rekt

25. Sadly went back to windows. Still have more linux devices than windows, but my main PC is windows

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

found the redditfag

Go home Stallman
you're drunk