I'm 23 and still a smartphone virgin...

I'm 23 and still a smartphone virgin. I've been avoiding these things for years just because of stigma of people staring at their phones in public. But need one of these for work.

What does Jow Forums recommend that's under $300? Chinese phones are acceptable.

Attached: 1500093785663.jpg (600x400, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2J1UgMAPNtw
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_pro-8561.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 for $135 burger bucks on jewbay.com

>Oled
>1080p
>microsd vagina port
>2800mah battery
>5.1 inch screen (perfect size)
>water resistant
>has a headphone port

Don’t fall for the current year flagship meme. Phone games suck anyway, there is no need to buy some gay phone with the latest powerful pajeet ubercore CPU.

LG G6 is pretty good but idk if you can get one for that price. I love my LG V20, even though it's waaay bigger than I wish it was. Honestly, if you're new to smartphones, an iphone might actually be the way to go, and there's a ton of them out there so used ones/replacement parts are cheap

This. FPBP
/thread

Also flash Lineage or some other custom rom and it will be just as good as a current year flagship for a 1/4 of the price

>Honestly, if you're new to smartphones, an iphone might actually be the way to go.

Neck yourself apple faggot

I literally said I own a V20

So basically S4 i9505 (minus water resistant, but it's not like he's gonna go swimming with it anyways)

Flash resurrection remix on it and you're golden.

Dude, whatever you dont get a flagship smartphone from more than 2 years ago.
It's better to get mid-range new generation.

You say under $300? Chinese phones acceptable? I'd recommend if you have Amazon prime, get the Moto X4 on Amazon, it's usually $399 but prime members get $120 off so it's $279 and the specs are what you'd expect from a newer mid-range phone , 4 gigs of RAM, 1080p screen, and snapdragon 630 (which is pretty good imo) the good thing this phone has over the competition is that it has 64 gigs if storage and dual cameras and the cameras are actually nice, I bought my cousin one and the picture quality isn't super great like a Google pixel 2 but it's really really good for a phone that price and even for flagships and another thing you will like is that it is ip68, no other mid-range phone under $300 isnwaysr resistant and some flagships aren't either, this one is, it's all glass and metal too which makes the phone look high quality and it feels durable.

If you don't want to spend that much h because you don't have prime, I'd recommend a Chinese phone called the Huawei mate SE, it's $249 on Amazon rn and it's another phone I bought for my other cousin because I'm a cheap bastard but for the price, the value is really good. It has 4 gigs of RAM, snapdragon 630, 64 gigs of storage, 1080p screen, and dual cameras, the phone also looks modern with it's thin bezels and it has a headphone jack. When I compared the 2, they both were great, and evenly matched, they host have fast charging too.

I also used a Nokia 6.1 2018, which is the next phone I'd recommend if you don't want the Huawei mate SE because it's more expensive than the HUAWEI ($269) and has only 32 gb storage

lps

I know I’ll get shot for recommending anything made by Apple on here, but I’d say the iPhone SE is the best price/quality phone atm
If you live in merica and are lucky you may get one for under $150, wonderful phone and awesome camera for the price
Other than that, maybe a xiaomeme note 5 pro
Also, do yourself a favor and stay away from LG

Doesn't really bother me as much as performance.

*shit

Fucking autocorrect
But yeah, considering where I’m on either one is valid I guess

>I've been avoiding these things for years just because of stigma of people staring at their phones in public

You're a turbo autist. Are you from 2005 or something? Jesus Christ, that stigma hasn't existed for over a fucking decade. Is everyone on this board Amish or something. Every time someone here mentions something about society currently, its always shit I remember from when I was like 15.

>recommending huawei

After they disabled bootloader unlocking and removed bootloader unlock codes for their entire product line?

Yeah, nah.

Google shills operate from 800x600 shillstations, he didn't see the rest of your post. Forgive him.

Well that's certainly a good thing because it's usually either or. If you're ready to sacrifice display quality it's quite easy to find a cheap budget phone with impressive specs. For me, i could never go back to lps after using super amoled for years.

get anything from the one plus brand, you could find a used one for under $300

that is some brainlet tier opinion. galaxy s5 in 2018? gotta fucking kidding me, everything is outdated in this phone dude. even I wouldn't give it as a present for the little kid. You wouldn't want to buy that even if you're not gaming. Please don't fall for the "don't fall for the meme" meme. "don't buy flagship because gaming in phone suck" yeah right, thats the biggest sign of brainlet right there. Most apps optimised for newer android. You buy good cpu also for the power efficiency.

Now for the under $300 phones, you can get xiaomi note 5 pro with sd 636 or xiaomi mi a1 with sd 625 with android one. That's the best there is for that price. You might find better but it will be second hand flagships.

OP said its for work only so its fine.

Could get a Blackberry Keyone if it’s for work, it may be less distracting than other devices if you worry about that. Main issue is software updates are only guaranteed until May 2019 or something like that.

Redmi Note 5 line is one of the best in regards to price/performance ratios for 2018.

i wouldn't pay more than 200 obamabucks for a generic slab of glass and aluminum running Botnet/Android

heres a chinkshit

Attached: Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-2016050.jpg (1067x735, 62K)

but i can get a galaxy s7 for under 200
i bought a v20 for 170
way better than my old s5.

Get an iPhone SE. It’s a great beginner phone, and don’t listen to the autists with their irrational Apple hate.

no need of buying a flagship buy buying some ancient shit is pants on headd retarded when you have afordable options that will have more years of supports from now and run more power efficient chips

I still use my s5 neo and dont feel any need to upgrade

>blackberry keyone

As a former owner, I'd advise you to stay away from anything blackberry.

>horrible build quality
The plastic started to come apart from the metal frame in the first two months of ownership. The frame itself is made from the softest, cheapest metal I've ever encountered, it scratches like crazy, also it bent after a 1 foot drop on my wooden floor. Apparenty the screen comes off as well if you flex the phone.

>horrible performance
This phone gets slow; painfully slow for the money it costs I'd say. I've experienced constant freezes and reboots.

>no updates, not even security ones
I've only got one security patch in my 9 months of ownership, which is just laughable, considering the phone is centered around "privacy and security"

>no fast charging
>no wireless charging
>no water resistance

Did Blackberry really get that much worse over the last few years? I had pic related and some other BB phones back in the day and quality was always pretty nice, better than most. Then again, they don’t even produce the new phones themselves but have it contracted out so that may worsen the quality

They did fix the screen issue at least apparently
youtube.com/watch?v=2J1UgMAPNtw

Perfectly believable that it gets slow with that processor, though for 300 bucks I think it’s probably not that bad

Attached: EE4D05A4-E8DD-4A4F-89B5-0A12D2ADAA69.jpg (1250x775, 98K)

>buying an second hand s5 with such shitty specs in the year 2018
>not buying a xiaomi redmi note 5 instead which is way better however you look at it
Brainlet post.

this

buy a Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus. it's literally the best bang for the buck phone out there right now and WAY more than enough for your first phone
it's p good

Attached: decided young by.png (852x467, 265K)

it's a good phone

Attached: Global-Rom-Xiaomi-Redmi-5-plus-Smartphone-Redmi5-plus-5-99-inch-18-9-Full-Screen.jpg (800x800, 371K)

Don't do this, it's slow as fuck.

If you've never had a phone before though, then I guess it's okay for a placeholder.

If you're looking for a budget phone that does above satisfactory performance but doesn't have all the bells and whistles, I suggest anything in the Samsung Galaxy Express line.

S5 sucks, it has common manufacturing defects
i have an htc 10 im happy with, cost $250 through my provider

Apple isn't perfect but I realized that literally anything is better than Jewgle.

Are you fucking retarded? The S5 didn't age well at all. It's $135 for a reason.

>need a phone for work
>they're not supplying him with a phone
>he has to use his personal phone

wtf america

LG is fucking trash, stop recommending it. The only good thing about them was the removable battery on high-end devices, but now they quit it, no reason to keep buying from them.

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j7_pro-8561.php

Like 250$

either a blackberry z10 or z30. i've heard passport is good, but have never owned one, so i can't give you a personal opinion. you can buy one on amazon.com for $130.

nu-blackberry has outsourced their phones to generic phone companies, and have let the recent company use their patented keyboard. old blackberrys are by far the best phones of the good ol' days.

>heres a chinkshit
>still using android

>2800
lol

This. They're no better than Samsung at this point.
t. LG G4 owner

no senpai 5" is the best screen size.

What about LineageOS or RR?

Well that’s a shame. I was considering getting another Blackberry eventually now that they’re using Android, but guess that’ll have to wait a few more years, assuming they even improve again at all

iphone 5s or SE

their smartphone series uses bb10, which through the amazon app store supports android apps. there's also a handful of community devs that are working on better android support. they were particularly big when pokemon go came out

The DTEK 60 is fine.

Moto G5plus, the thinking man's phone