What does Jow Forums think about onlyoffice? It's Foss, simple, snappy and just werkz

What does Jow Forums think about onlyoffice? It's Foss, simple, snappy and just werkz.
I got bored of how slow and stupid is libreoffice just to make simple tasks

Attached: onlyoffice.png (995x634, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onlyoffice.com/download-desktop.aspx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Libreoffice starts in a flippin' snap on a quadcore.

Visually more pleasing than libre.

never heard of this...not in the repos either

Its spellchecker suck ass

if it works for you, then use it.
If it doesn't have enough features. then don't use it.
Why care what others think?
????

Isn't onlyoffice cloudbased? Are you running the backend on your own machine? How well does the sync work?

Just wanted to ask others opinion. I've used it for a few days and it seems to be a good option but maybe Jow Forums has other candidates.

True but I can live with it.

I'm running the backend in my computer with local files. I haven't tried the cloud yet, but I'm not so interested. So far the best LO alternative for Linux.

I never used before. It's my 1st time heard about it. But it looks comfy so wanna try it now. wish it was faster than libre.

Nope, my 2014 quad core i7 laptop takes >5sec to open libreOffice. It's as bad as electron based programs

Update, only office is just as bad as libreOffice on my laptop.

Hey OP this behaves like an electron app, slow as shit, do you know if it is one?

It certainly is kind of a webapp. I'm not sure if it is electron.

Quite strange it isn't fast for you. For me it opens instantly. Also i7 laptop from 2014 here.

Everything is worthless to me compared to MS Word.

Why? Because I have to work with people that use it without any control over what they use.

The single most simple alteration in formatting messes it all up.

Hell, I even use interop in C# to create docx document.

I have no regrets.

Meh, ms office is a great piece of software but it is used mainly by brainlets who know nothing about formatting so when you try to merge everyone's work, it results in a completely messed document, so you get the same effect as using libreoffice, in those terms.

OP wanted to make sure that he is a special snowflake. If too many people start to use onlyoffice he'll have to look for more obscure software. Luckily hecs safe for now.

There's a desktop application that I assume is electron based.

onlyoffice.com/download-desktop.aspx

Just give me a basic fucking word processor that I can install on my moms tablet. She writes like 5 letters a year and doesn't want to keep a full windows laptop just for that.

Botnet meme aside, Google Docs works great for that purpose.

no botnets. MS Word app literally threatens to stop working unless we make an MS account soon.

the answer is obviously onlyoffice
you fucking nigger

Because OP is shilling a project he works on that is why.

>The official ONLYOFFICE application for document management, offering mobile access to the documents stored on ONLYOFFICE portals.

Delete your thread you retarded shill

The problem is, it's not LaTeX