Need wireless adapter under 50 dollars

I got a old pc off of craigslist. Requires wireless. Cannot use a wired connection. Built in wireless has 0.4 mbps speeds. I am going to use this for a media server. Needs to have a range of 10-20 feet. I would want the adapter to be 50 usd or less. Any thoughts?

Attached: 81CsUmlJ+iL._SX355_.jpg (355x230, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/TP-LINK-Wireless-Archer-T4UH-V2/dp/B0722JPFDL/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1527539261&sr=1-6&refinements=p_89:TP-Link
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wireless
>media server

Why can't it use a wired connection? Are you leeching off your neighbor's wireless?

get a wireless card instead

It only requires 10 mb per second at most and it is so my amazon fire tv stick with some other devices can stream from it.

Switch is 10 feet away in another room.

>can't run a 3 meter cable below a door

Any recommendations?

OP, look up Power line

>can't move the media server to the other room
You don't need a server to be in any specific place, right?

I only have space in one room that I am allowed to store it in my apartment

It's super unreliable. If it's 10 feet and the wall isn't reinforced concrete, wireless will work better. (Still not better than 10 feet of cable and a drill though.)

>It only requires 10 mb per second at most
You have a media server at your house and you're okay with 1/2 the bitrate of netflix...?

What the fuck is wrong with you Luddites.

Just use a router as bridge.

Well, i might end up doing this. Thanks

literally the cheapest tp-link card you can find.

OP, don't do this. All the pirated shit you download will going through the air and make you trackable. It is only safe to let these media files transfer directly between computers. Maximum security FTW.

I need a cheap adapter compatible with linux. My shitty realtek rtl8723be is disconnecting and has low signal.

They're actually garbage, don't believe the hype

You can have mine for $20.

amazon.com/TP-LINK-Wireless-Archer-T4UH-V2/dp/B0722JPFDL/ref=sr_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1527539261&sr=1-6&refinements=p_89:TP-Link