Is this hard drive actually good or its some kind of shit drive for HGSt brand?

Is this hard drive actually good or its some kind of shit drive for HGSt brand?

Attached: 51LkZf4ZNtL.jpg (500x495, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QxSQN_MIe0M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this looks like bait but here I am answering anyway: hitachi drives are literally the best HDDs ever. I pity the fool badmouthing their stuff

I know HGST drives are good I'm talking about this model

HGST is now exclusively a western digital brand.
Thats all im gonna say about that, but yes historically they have been the best.
I have one in my pc right now.

>HGST is now exclusively a western digital brand.
It's owned by WD but still operating as a separate company with different engineering teams.

IIRC WD buying HGST was more of a reverse takeover, all of the top WD execs are now ex-HGST.

Oh also yea thats a fine model

Didn't know that. Interesting.

I dont know why you'd randomly think it's a 'shit drive' for their brand. What made you even question such a thing? Research? General talk? Or are you just retarded and decided to call it shit just to see if anyone would defend it? Kill yourself.

well everyone in the tech industry got scared of the IBM deskstar series in early to mid 00's after reported mass failure, when it was sold to hitachi they kind of bought the scar associated to that name for a couple of years.

Actually to clarify - they were separate, but now HGST has finished swallowing up WD, it looks like all of the ex-WD stuff is being binned and HGST products are now being slowly rebranded under the WD name.

Hell, even the old WD HQ is being sold off and the company being moved to HGST's old HQ.

so WD is a trustworthy brand now? or should we still buy HGST?

I never had an issue with WD even since 2006.

They tend to last for a decade and more even though I abuse them a lot.

its on sale at 80€ and thats pretty cheap for a 4TB HGST drive on yurop, they are usually 140 so that is why I'm wondering if they are a bad model

This, WD and HGST have always been a lot better than Seagate

WD was always ok thei only issue was locking dome firmware shit on consumer models so trying to make a RAID arry eith les say caviar greens would end in a catastrofico failure back on early 2000s because jewish practices

Fucking hell i typed like a braindead idiot but im too lazy to delete the post because phoneposting faggot on lunch break from work

>deathstar
They should just have rebranded it and never ever release a product named *star.
Some companies just suck at marketing.

Have been using the same hitachi 2TB drive for almost 7 years now and it baffles me how it's still going strong after what it has been through.

It's still better than corrupted data, hardware failure SEAGATE.

Attached: Seagate_everyone.png (463x484, 384K)

>everyone in the tech industry got scared

Joke's on them, the 80GB Deskstar i got in 2005 is still pristine.

They should be good, i've been looking at 7K2's myself which are a bit cheaper and (i think) newer. The AFR and most of the features/specs are exactly the same as WD's Gold series. The only complaint about them i've heard is that they do a weird head-parking sound when powering down:

youtube.com/watch?v=QxSQN_MIe0M

It's designed to do that, but if you didn't know about it you'd think it's broken or something.

Honestly my choise regarding HDD is following
1.Toshiba
2.HGST
3.WD
4.Samsung
5. Anything else
∞.Seagate

My Toshiba DT01ACA200 (just a rebranded HGST, even the sticker still says HGST lmao), has been serving me for 1828 days with 0 errors as a system drive.

Attached: file.png (294x103, 7K)

Never had an Hitachi or Toshiba die and I've got plenty of them with more than 10 years on their shoulders. On the other hand, countless Seagate and a few WD. So you should be relatively fine, being aware any HDD can fail at any time.

Their new Blue line isn't as good as it was before, beware. Didn't they merge it with the greens/reds? These ones had aggressive head parking.

You're like a little baby, watch this

Attached: .png (869x637, 62K)

Damn son. That's good.

I have a WD Blue 640gbs in the other piece although nowhere near yours, about 2000 days.

Only had one HDD die on me, which was WD Green 1tb.

>tfw I got disks with 60k hours still running.
>tfw neet without any way to buy new ones.
>tfw every now and then I gotta choose which animu I delete because I can't keep all of them.

Attached: 1520720296405.gif (540x304, 1.99M)

Maybe you should try getting a job.

>Anime
>neet
>no money
Checks out. Stop hoarding animeshit and get a job

I'm handicapped.
I suffer from a condition where my vagus nerve goes haywire and I literally faint when I do certain things and my heart either beats too slow or too fast causing a ton of weird shit.
Not memeing. It started when I had some really fucked up anemia even though I was eating properly anyways and ended in the hospital 2 years ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome

Where do you live? Can't you get some unironic welfare for your disability?

why is it called tachycardia syndrome if tachycardia is when it beats too fast

You are lucky that it's just anime. It's rather easy to get virtually anything you deleted again, if you need to.

Getting money might be a higher priority than watching anime, though.

Because it can do both
In a place where there's no neetbux and other crap sadly.

I know user but anime helps kill time during the day since I can't really do much more

Why do you spout outdated information?

Attached: HGST.png (1394x67, 17K)

>I suffer from a condition where my vagus nerve goes haywire and I literally faint when I do certain things and my heart either beats too slow or too fast causing a ton of weird shit.
Sounds much like my Atrial Flutter. Pacemaker plus beta blockers keep me alive.

Yeah I did a ton of heart exams and other crap the doctor said the heart itself is healthy the problem is just the thing that controls it and other things in the body, it's like I managed to get some sort of shitty disease that technically won't kill me (I think) but makes life hell.

>Retired a couple 1TB HGSTs with 60k hours
Those things simply don't break.

why are the japanese so good at making reliable tech?

>ezio
>scythe
>hitachi
>toshiba

mutts and chinese btfo

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Ore_no_Imouto_ga_Konna_ni_Kawaii_Wake_ga_Nai_07_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[CF254D69].mkv_s (1280x720, 78K)

my gf ruri is so cute

Go to sleep forever and stop being a strain on society.

delet don't bully him

Hey Mr gimp what do you do to co tribute to the well-being of society/our planet?

>hitachi drives are literally the best HDDs ever.
meh. they're good but i've had better luck with western digital.

Attached: hitachi.png (670x693, 72K)

keeping it old school

Attached: hitachi.jpg (1086x1931, 234K)

>Reallocated sectors count
Not an issue.

someones in dire need of headpats it seems

>I literally faint when I do certain things
Like what?

>mfw I have a dozen of these in a RAID6 with four backups but I've never had to use any of the backups in 7 years