The death of FOSS

What the fuck happened Jow Forums?
Why is open source being taken over by thought policing SJW trannies and big tech? And why is it being given up willingly without a fight?

It keeps growing like a tumor which is consuming its host and taking over.
Firefox, FreeBSD, Libreboot, and more it just KEEPS HAPPING
I can't even interact with 1/3 of FOSS communities because their new orwellian "Codes of Conduct" will ban you if you don't respect xir's pronouns or even HINT at something 'problematic'. They even went after fucking RMS because of a (pro-abortion) joke.

I've been following that firefox shit and I'm honestly more depressed than angry at this point. They literally removed "meritocracy" because it's problematic to their new "diversity-first" mission. Many more projects are soon to follow in firefox's steps and sell their ass to google in the process as well.

TL;DR Open source isn't dying, it is being killed.

Attached: Screenshot_20180528-141829.jpg (642x576, 136K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2018/04/30/mozilla-is-bringing-sponsored-stories-from-pocket-to-new-tabs-in-firefox-60/
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you don't like it fork it into a new project.

Open Source is cancer anyway. Free Software is the good stuff.

And as soon as you point any of this out, you will get dogpiled by people invading this board from reddit and elsewhere using le Jow Forums boogeyman to direct attention away from the real fuckery destroying FOSS. It's like clockwork and you can always tell theyre not from here

Yes I'm aware if that and I support the forks but truth is if we don't try to fight back and take back what's ours completely, they will continue to grow until they take over nearly the entire open source paradigm.

You can only ignore and escape it for so long. Google and silicon valley normie drones are creeping in day by day

Two cups of tea this gentleman.

OP-fag, go ask why.
pro-tip: money.

Attached: fucking tea.jpg (1024x682, 89K)

We need to do something to tell them to fuck off once and for all. I reckon we can shill the SJW ones out of existance and make an example of them. Just spam the shit out of every website and tell the normies not to use SJW shit.

Do you actually participate in any open-source projects? Or are you just complaining about shit you don't actually have anything to do with?

At least the super scary ess-jay-dubyas actually contribute to projects and not just complain on anonymous imageboards about it.

If you don't like it, get involved, contribute, change shit. But you won't because you just want to complain about people saying "don't be an asshole to others" and horrible rules like "try not to use racial slurs in your code".

You are LITERALLY virtue signalling on Jow Forums.

I'm never cooperating with the commies!

There's no part of FOSS that specifically requires people accept offensive beliefs. If you want to contribute despite that you can fork and continue to work outside of the main project.

>the sjws actually contribute to projects
no they don't
They're fucking tranny basic bitch ruby programmers on github who act like they're hot shit and attention whore for praise.
They have not created anything new, rather they leech onto existing projects and destroy them from within

None of these people have made anything original and that's why things like firefox are getting progressively worse.
Firefox was taken over by a figurative coup and tons of people essential to the project werd ousted for not falling in line.

and guess what? Every time they embrace this lgbt diversity crap they are the first to sell out to google.

I'm so sick of SJW assholes.
If you are sick of them too, be very aware of their intentions when facing one. I have yet to meet one of them that have a single real and developed skill that can be used for something useful.

-Do not consume SJW infested anything, software included.
-Do not accept their terms
-Do not use their words
-Do not let them participate in your projects
-Do not listen to their ideas

>tee hee if you don't like it you can leave
Many of these people are not the original developers of the projects they now control, insted they are an invasive force onto them.
This is the willingly apathetic attitude I'm talking about. This is proactively happening in front of you and you refuse to acknowledge it.

Then the "original developers" can just make a new fork.

How can they "invade" a project and get control of it without the explicit permission of the project owner? It's not like they're holding a gun to their repo maintainer's head, forcing them to give the scary SJWs the password.

>What the fuck happened Jow Forums?
You fucked up by falling for the meme that open source produces better software and will replace all software for the masses that don't know how to program

Open source is a shit, blame Raymond and his ideas like Linus law "with many eyeballs all bugs are shallow" and other shit like that. Ok, it wasn't his fault, he couldn't foresee it but attaching the meme goal that open source is better and you don't have to know how to program and you can market zero cost open source software like proprietary with cost software led to rampant sjwism, botnets, surveillance and other shit like that.

Free software is the only truth
Free software doesn't promise that is the superior development model
Free software isn't for those not interested in programming

Free software is hey, I did this using other Free stuff and it's only right to share it with you guys
I don't care about your ideology or who you are, take it, use it, fork it and share it back
What? You don't know how to program?
Tough luck bitch, I don't give a shit
What? You think this is a political movement
Fuck off bitch, I just want to share the knowledge that I discovered because I created using Free knowledge
What? Diversity? Fuck you bitch
What? We are competing for market share? Lmao at your life, we don't want self appointed community leaders here, get fucked

Mozilla isn't Free software, it identifies as open source
As a result it attracts communities, ideology and sjws therefore it's shit
Fuck open source

Only Free software exists

As usual, SJW-ism has an effect of demonetization and loss of trust from the normal majority consumers, leading to loss.

- FreeBSD suddenly forcibly coercing/demanding from users to become political "ambassadors" by a Code of Conduct copy pasted from some feminist wiki, completely unrelated to the object of the community or their initial interests in becoming part of it. Result? Skilled staff loss.
- SJW publications such as Salon forced into adwall.
- The GNOME Foundation running short on money because they wasted it on a "Outreach Program for Women".
- Ayo.js forked themselves from node.js over a white male. They spent a lot of time on making sure everyone declared their preferred pronouns and setting up a CoC and working on such fine slogans like "Humans before technology" and making a logo.
Almost NO actual programmers joined and after a couple of months this became obvious since the changes brought by the project were comical and completely lacking in any showcase of programming education, and the thing started to lose steam.
So despite all these stupid articles from polygon and gizmodo about the impending doom of node.js, Ayo.js is dead after 5 months.
Examples keep on appearing exponentially with each day.

Attached: 1519394365935.png (777x767, 353K)

- Hasbro for example managed to bankrupt the GI Joe brand by employing SJW writers into their comic, ruining the brand value.
- Marvel keeps losing money over the new female "muh womyn power" Captain Marvel, who keeps being rehashed and forced in apparent desperation yet keeps failing and not making returns.
- Disney's Star Wars has now lost trust among prop sellers, a first in the brand's history. Shelves are filled with unsold TLJ "womyn powa" toys which are going to be written off as a major financial loss for both the sellers and Disney. Now sellers have no alternative but to scrutinize all future Disney's Bolshevik marketing projections and force increased costs on Disney as a risk tax. Disney even lost a potential market of 1.3 billion people in China which cites "Baizuo" and "Low IQ (SJW) writing" as critiques.
- Video Game developers appealing to a vocal minority of SJW's who don't even pay for games but rather gather around a single "representative" professional critic/influencer via bubbled social contacts to engage in mob criticism/coercion, who are merely there to support that one career critic against products they don't even care about; resulting in a loss of the core majority of consumers and a net loss in revenue due to appeal to vocal minority over majority.
It's like the religious preachers who exist to preach against products they don't use with fellow church member mobs, yet who are mistaken in ignorance by the object of criticism as consumers.

Attached: Troubled People Map.jpg (1164x1000, 519K)

that makes you an outcast, only working strategy is to one up them and work from the inside

t. otherking plural being

kingdom come

if you are still using anything mozilla then you are part of the problem

venturebeat.com/2018/04/30/mozilla-is-bringing-sponsored-stories-from-pocket-to-new-tabs-in-firefox-60/

After I saw this, I realised it's 100% time to move from Firefox altogether

Nothing compares in features, sadly. Maybe the forks but they are same shit.

I'm not going to gimp myself with a chromium-based browser and the firefox forks aren't as good because they lack support.

Go back to Jow Forums and stay the fuck there.

Did you drop your sóy latte?

Just keep making a compilation of graphs "before, during, and after SJW influence" regarding the productivity and finance of each and every project/company afflicted with SJW-ism. By now it has pretty much become statistically apparent that mixing social politics and business is a road towards disaster since business depends on profits while social justice depends on sucking the same out;
however there can never be a shortage of examples.
The more on the wall of shame, the more influential the wall in terms of dissuading other and new businesses from engaging with this moronic idiocy.

Attached: 1365198583444.jpg (725x960, 76K)

>(you)

Attached: Screenshot_20180525-182555.jpg (719x727, 242K)

Ice cream? I love ice cream!

>if you think meritocracy is a good thing you are Jow Forums
I could write a long post answering to you but it will fly over you and you will call me Jow Forums so I will just call you a fucking söyboy

because if they dont comply with these insane requirements, they will be a shitstorm about how racist and sexist and nazi they are, damaging the project

Just fork it, nigga.
Cloverfox fucking when?

Firefox has great security features because there is a dedicated community of Torfags trying to land all Tor security patches on main Firefox.
Also containers.

>The use of the term "meritocracy" to describe communities that suffer from a lack of diverse represantion
It's like they admit that niggers are inferior

Thanks for sharing, user. Guess it's time to start using lynx as my main browser. For curiosity's sake, what are you using for your internet needs?

Attached: iIlVPQX.png (1307x848, 75K)

>damaging the project
That's the problem right there?
Why do we care about market share?
When we realize that market share is an illusion and Free software is for programmers sharing the code with other programmers then we won't be held hostage by sjws
Proprietary software will still be held hostage by sjws (because market share, publicity, share holders) but who gives a shit about as long as we are free

every contributor cares about the project's success, otherwise he wouldnt contribute

is this autism?

Still undecided. Toss-up between Chromium, Vivaldi, Opera. Trying to strike a balance between not overly botnet but also not completely limp whilst ruling out any Mozilla derivative projects

>Firefox has great security features
Nope.
Firefox will never have great security features because its developers aren't security experts and Mozilla isn't a security business.
That's why only retards rely on Mozilla for security, while anyone with a brain treats the whole browser as malware and sandboxes it properly with a 3rd party Firewall and security suite operated by actual security experts.
Security measures by browser developers are a meme to deflect from their increasing inability to develop and maintain a functional browser, as apparent in the fact that every brand whose philosophy of meritocracy is replaced with the philosophy of "interaction engineers" suddenly starts stripping functionality and using "security" as a meme excuse.

Attached: 1365251839191.jpg (329x365, 63K)

>sandboxes it properly with a 3rd party Firewall and security suite operated by actual security experts.
how2 do this? I want to be sneaky

Nothing to do with sneakiness.
Any Firewall worth its weight puts a lid on the folders that the installed Browser communicates with, remembers their states, and controls any attempted communication outside of them with any other locations on the OS by informing the user and temporarily blocking it. This Firewall also gets more frequent and professional updates than dumbfuck browser devs like Mozilla can manage.
Instead of relying on shitty credentials managed in a shitty way by shitty browser devs regarding extension/addon/plugins, you instead circumvent it by using an external Firewall.

Any firewall worth its weight doesn't try to pretend to be an antivirus.

>Firefox will never have great security features because its developers aren't security experts
They literally have Tor cryptography experts coding security features you fucking retard.

Attached: 1500574611624.jpg (1024x764, 121K)

>Why is open source being taken over by thought policing SJW trannies and big tech?
Just look Jow Forums. Fags, trannies, animefags and almost all them uses loonix.

>TOR
>experts
At being a meme.
Even if there were any experts, it'd all get flushed down the toilet by extension of the Firefox base code being written and managed by a pack of retarded idiots. You either have experts doing it all, or you can fuck off.
Browsers are viruses, especially given how they are written by proud AIDS bearers these days.

ITT: Larping faggots who never pushed a PR in their life

its not happening to normal free software tho.. just to these that are made by companies like mozilla

I'm sure you are an expert at pushing Pussy Resistance. Believe me user, nobody wants to compete with you on that. I grant you the title of everlasting King.

t. Out of the loop retard who clearly can't do shit

t. King of Pussy Resistors

FOSS has been going downhill staggeringly fast over the last decade.

why are they doing this.. im sure that they know that they will lose money by doing it

I love how divide and conquer is done in the free software community before the major players even turn up.

>lol pussy
Fuck off fag, go back to redddit with your passive agressive teenage-tier ad hominems.

No, I'm just not a reactionary polfag like you. Everyone who heard the FOSSDEM talk knows everyring about the way Mozilla is going. Nice job finding out thru anime forum 4 months later, brainlet. I'm sure you're on top of open source development with that speed.

Fear.
The Church used to do this during its heyday of indirectly controlling all business in a good portion of Europe.
Instead of taking over businesses directly, you blackmail businesses into being subservient to you with the threat of moral and ethical defamation and inquisition, including mob justice rallies, because the Church had the power to do so.
Using PR to hold businesses ransom.
The Social Justice Evangelists have adopted this tactic well for their religious cult.

>Browsers are viruses, especially given how they are written by proud AIDS bearers these days.
And firewalls are firewalls. If you want an antivirus, get an antivirus.

Had
FireFox *had* great security
Eich wouldn't play ball, so they ruined him by leaking his political inclinations in liberal Silicon Valley
With Eich out of the way, they infiltrated Mozilla with undercover agents
Agents sabotage the project with diversity requirements, as noted in this thread
"We hire the best, it's meritocracy!" becomes "We hire anyone who is underrepresented. Welcome!"
New hires do the bidding of their masters
Remove old FireFox plugin API and replace it with one dependent on JavaScript to function
Most of their browser exploits require JavaScript, so it's critical you can't reasonably disable it.
Concurrently, the feds had Appelbaum smeared and removed from the Tor project
They installed agents to head the project in his place
Together, the undercovers at Mozilla and Tor are building plausibly deniable security holes into the browser
They know where all the traps are
If you find one, it's just "Oh, oops. Just a bug. Nothing to see here"

Everyone who has seen Mozilla's decreasing userbase and finance knows what's going on indeed, a stinking pile of shit is burning and the stink is being registered all the way from Uranus.

hello schizo

Communist societies don't need profit.

See: the factory that produced hundreds of thousands of left-foot shoes in one size.

Holy shit, this whole thread.

OP is absolutely right for once, FOSS is being killed. Take a look at GitHub (very shitty example, but the biggest platform out there), go to the explore page and you'll see it overtaken by "a showcase of diverse developers" which is just a fucking list of black women and white knights either doing simple ruby shit or literally fucking writing ideas in text files on a repo and calling themselves developers.

"Don't just bitch, get involved, change that"
How? This is a practical overnumbering of normal developers who do what they do best, by retarded rainbow-goggle SJWs who care more about changing wording to please their little virtue-signaling egos, then making anything functional. Form over function, any day, for these people.

Attached: 33777438_1314651755303876_3907773546134241280_n.jpg (160x184, 3K)

So far everything he said is documented history on open public records, so try to find another buzzword to fart out of your ass.

make a bigger deal out of it
surely that will discourage the attention seekers looking to "make a difference"

Eich was (and still is) shit.
>design one of the most unsafe programming languages of all time
>create a browser that is literally chromium but with integrated cryptominers and ad injectors
>get hailed by lardmerican reactionaries
Really makes you think.

>feds had appelbaum smeared
>installed their own agents

Attached: 1527059586679.png (1200x800, 199K)

>how
By writing code you braindead faggot. I'm sorry your feelings are hurt because a trans person can code better than you.

Which top ten language on Tiobe did you invent in two weeks?

reality post

>public record
>FBI also putting on public record that they have honey pots and installed agents in the TOR community
Simple Google search brings up plenty of sources.
Kill yourself mong.

Attached: 9WtjTcz.jpg (258x195, 13K)

It doesn't matter if it's top ten on Tiobe or was created in two weeks, it's still inefficient and unsafe as fuck.

It's amazing how many shills are mucking down from the reddit septic tank to promote diversity developers and literal fucking shitcode

Because programmers are beta fuckibg males

One case, they were raised to be nice, so they let everyone walk aover them

Case two, they think this will get them laid

Case three, they know it's wrong but don't want to be ostracized

This covers 99% of coders. Even normal men are fucking low t pussies, so this shouldn't be a surprise

W3m master race ?
I recognize how stupid this is because you can't even post on Jow Forums from w3m
We need to fork Jow Forums !

I don't know about the rest, but FireFox became faster and better in the last year or so.
Back in 2015/16 it was a bloated, unusable mess.

What about the r/t_d fags who shill Eich and his shit tech only because he is not a leftard?

Well the issue is the most privileged people in society are leftists. Those who struggle ar right wing. Obviously the people with money will have time to contribue to free software more.

Just fork the project and remove the code of conduct.

I'm kind of with Mozilla on this one
stating that your company is governed as a meritocracy in your governance statement sort of implies that the people on top are there because they are the most qualified. and anybody who isn't on top isn't there because they are less qualified than whoever is there. which is just not how any business runs, and its a slap in the face to everybody who works there who isn't on top, its an ego blowjob to the few people that are on top.

Also I guarantee they didn't have any system of evaluating merit beyond the traditional yearly employee review, and i doubt that carried much weight when it came to deciding on promotions and organizational structure

>There's three ways to do things
>The right way
>The wrong way
>AND the Max Power way!

Same for me. I don't have any complaints about current firefox. They're still in the middle of a major rewrite with servo and stylo so improvements are still to come as things mature.

>what's ours
Do wh*teoids really believe that stuff written by other white people and released under the GPL belongs to white people once it starts being used in ways and by people they didn't anticipate?

Maybe you should reconsider your committment to free software, bub

Attached: 3110.jpg (500x383, 39K)

>Its another episode of the left eats itself
The moment you retards fell for the Jow Forums bogeyman and gave them a single inch you signed the death warrant for everything FOSS

>We must arm ourselves to fight back to turkish invaders!
>Why bother, just go back to digging dirt. Who cares who is the lord in the castle? We will all die one day anyway.

It's unbearable to watch these fucking "trolls" slime into Jow Forums only to shit up threads with the best interest of software development in mind with their retarded rhetoric which they think makes fellow redditors laugh

Piss off. You sound just like a SJW yourself. What are the alternativess brainiac? Chrome? A product of a company that literally epitomizes the psychotic aspects of the liberal agenda and the thought police? Google's tentacles reach much further than Mozilla's. With Firefox,whatever issue you may have with ideologies, is confined to the browser. With Google, it's internet wide and any product of theirs you use, feeds a bigger evil.

Stating your company is a meritocracy is stating that if you work there, you are the best the company could find. You aren't there because of who you know. You aren't there because of nepotism. You are the best. You work with the best.

Now, you will work with someone, not because they can code, but because they had a hard life. They aren't the best. If you are, you should do what you can to train them. The training might not work out, but you should stop what you're doing and try. The product can wait.

>Why is open source being taken over by thought policing SJW trannies and big tech? And why is it being given up willingly without a fight?
Because of the meme:

"LEL IF YOU JUST IGNORE THEM THEY'LL GO AWAY"

Also whenever we bring it up, and reddit invade the thread and damage control using Jow Forums as a boogie man.

>Google's tentacles reach much further than Mozilla's
Yeah, they reach into Mozilla since the day Google used to fund Mozilla while it was still creating Chrome as a competitor and infected Mozilla with its own "employ hipsters, not programmers" Philosophy thereby destroying them for good in the long term.
Only retarded underage don't have the memory of the Google-Mozilla relationship in the mid 200X.

>How can they "invade" a project and get control of it without the explicit permission of the project owner?
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918

>/lgbt/
>doesn't know that /lgbt/ is full of self-hating user that would never defend SJW faggotry
>reddit spacing
back to the_donald, nigger.

Are you against gays and other beleifs sjws fight for? That's politically incorrect in todays society, no?

>someone is writing code I don't like better bitch on the internet because I'm too retarded to write my own code and prove mine is better

Go and exercise meritocracy you fucking pol retard, no one is stopping you. Nice larp tho.

Does anyone else ever notice how leftists just love using the word "folks"?

>Are you against gays and other beleifs sjws fight for?
SJW's don't have copyright on concepts that precede them anymore than the Church owns copyright on world peace.
So being against SJW's and their retardation is not inclusive of being against concepts any more than being against the Church is inclusive of being against world peace. Suck it.

Dumbfuck

KEK

Attached: 1524625713859.jpg (700x734, 107K)

I really dislike feeding your frenzied retardation but I've not seen one of these SJW retards make anything more than mere wording changes to the the documentation, and that's only in the rare cases they comprehend it enough to realize that it goes against their utterly stupid beliefs.

I've never seen a self proclaimed sjw against homosexuality