Program asks to update when you open it, when you have the intention of using it right now

>program asks to update when you open it, when you have the intention of using it right now
>instead of when you're closing it, and don't need to use it anymore

why are programmers so dumb

Attached: 1526264714315.jpg (640x640, 53K)

your programs don't update in the background

what is this, 1442?

that's just unethical

>he lets his programs autoupdate
Enjoy your botnets.

Attached: e5951d5dbe2c52971e499e1a7f7c9c19c0c1cea71bed22a1035ccddd44331253.jpg (3000x3000, 2.88M)

>program installs background auto-updater without asking and without an indicator that it's running
>tries to auto-update when innawoods computering with no internet
>programmers assumed every computer would always have internet access
>updater gets stuck in some loop using up 100% of one core
>force-quit doesn't work because there are two processes and they resurrect each other
>have to edit startup files and reboot to fix

the state of corporation-produced software

Just reading it made me mad

Attached: 1502632584674.jpg (540x522, 37K)

>programs never ask you to update
>instead your operating system takes care of updating programs for you, even allowing you to update while still using the program

Attached: yuri distro.png (2133x1200, 1.01M)

>tfw lesbian gnu+linux will never be real
why live

Attached: whylive.png (907x620, 88K)

because it's more useful to receive new or improved features or bugfixes before you use it. Imagine you have a piece of software that you are going to use to render a video with, and after rendering the video for 14 hours you close the software, only to find out that a new update that improved the rendering time by 30%. it would be a real kick in the balls. doing what you say is incredibly short sighted, just quit being a lazy fag and press the update later button.
>why are programmers so dumb
if they're so dumb why dont you take their job? Also in most commercial software, the programmers don't make design decisions.

>if they're so dumb why dont you take their job?
Because I program as a hobby and work with HR which pays way more for way less job.

why is it still not possible to update a program on windows without closing it first?

but it is, what the fuck are you talking about

because people don't feel like it worked if they don't have to open it up again

it's not

I worked at a software support center and we were told to always tell to client to restart their computer after updating despite you not even needing to close it at all.
Unironically

sure, i get that, but that doesn't explain why it's not possible to do
is there a technical reason for it, or /was/ there a technical reason that is obsolete, but still isn't allowed for some kind of compatibility reason, or what?

>what the fuck are you talking about
i'm talking about this

Attached: Untitled.png (449x264, 9K)

Windows 10 has "Update and Shutdown"

I'm retarded and conceive retarded ideas, OC inbound.

Attached: giving up good ideas.jpg (640x640, 128K)

It doesn't count if you don't have just the shutdown option.

dear god no...

Attached: phsyrotti.jpg (533x533, 129K)

that's in no way fault of the operating system

that happens when retards with keyboards fopen a file and then not close it again when they've already read the contents.

im beyond mad

>shit albums by good musicians