Why do these USB 3.0 drives get frighteningly hot...

Why do these USB 3.0 drives get frighteningly hot? The connector literally gives you burn marks if you touch it soon after pulling out.

Attached: 5238-3612_2.jpg (1100x1100, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/no5
forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Ultra-Fit-USB-3-0-Excessive-Heat/td-p/336404
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The connector literally gives you burn marks if you touch it soon after pulling out
What kind of basedboy are you?

what the fuck does it matter? the connector retracts.

No clue about this model or your port, but it's not a common thing for them to get hot to the point where you can burn yourself.

The new ones do
Sorry you’re poor

I have that exact model in 64GB. Works great with consistent write speeds even for large files. It gets hot but doesn't burn me. Have you tried growing thicker skin, you fucking numale?

how many watts are 5 v multiplied by 0.9 amps?

Found the macfag

OP you are fucking retarded they don’t even get that hot.

Must be a fire mixtape.

I'm more worried about it damaging the USB port of my $5000 laptop.

>$5000 laptop
>Spending more than $1000 on a laptop
Oh my fucking god OP. How new are you?

Attached: image.jpg (1078x775, 476K)

That laptop will be shit in 5 years the same way a $1000 one would be.

Not much newer then you judging by your garbage forced meme

It's a gaming laptop idiot.

>Spending $5000 on a hunk of shit Alienware that had no replaceable parts and will ultimately become a paper weight in 5 years
>Gaming on a laptop
Wowie zowie

Attached: image.jpg (358x242, 86K)

>5k gaymen laptop owner calling anyone retarded

Attached: 1524351827300.jpg (305x261, 9K)

>5000
holy shitballs OP what's wrong with you

Back to >>/v/

4.5W, W = V*A.

>gaming
>laptop
Choose one.

soundcloud.com/no5
frfr shhhh

HOLY FUCK OP BTFO
HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER???

Attached: lol_white_people.gif (280x158, 2.95M)

Setting aside the fact that gaming laptops are retarded to begin with, you can get an i7/1080 gaming laptop for far less than $5000.
So you are, in fact, double retarded.

Must be a fake.
SanDisk has above average quality control.

They have a 2-5 year warranty depending on the model to I suggest give them a call.
(If it's a chinese fake you're SOL though)

Make sure it's operating normally. Those things can get really, really hot.

Believe it or not, my ass got burned by taking a micro-sd card out of my phone. That thing was tiny, but hot as blazes, burned my fingertips.

One thing I have learned: SD or MicroSD card doesn't work? Quickly take it out and destroy it.

Bought mine at reputable retailer.

forums.sandisk.com/t5/All-SanDisk-USB-Flash-Drives/Ultra-Fit-USB-3-0-Excessive-Heat/td-p/336404

>literally gives you burn marks
post pics of the literal burn marks or it literally didn't happen

It's gotta be defective. I don't care what your laptop is worth, but how about your time? It's going to shit the bed eventually and take any data and possibly your investment with it one day.

Save a headache and use something you won't have to worry about constantly.

>above average quality control
SanDisk is utter shit-tier. Half of my SanDisk drives stopped working after little use.

I got a 64gb usb drive the other day. It was one of those ultra small ones that look like they're meant to stay in all the time. It gets so hot just from sitting in the slot that I don't use it. I think I will stick to thumb sized drives now. They can disperse heat much better.

Attached: 71cTRglrgcL._SX355_[1].jpg (355x328, 16K)

I move to a different place every 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks. A laptop is the only option.

I've got one of these, I load music on it and basically keep it connected in the car

because of the blazing fast transfer speeds, naturally.

Your only option was a mini itx rig strapped to the back of a monitor in a pelican case for transport.
Gaming laptops are a meme.
Also why the fuck do you move every two weeks?

Mine don't, sorry your poor and bought fakes

Jeez this thread reeks of soiness from OP. holy shit OP you're retarded.

>not using gaming flash drives

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1123x1005, 62K)

I had a first gen one of these and legit burned my finger on it and it melted the plastic insulator in the USB port.

It’s like I’m really on /asp/

Unironically useful. New extremely high speed flash drives seem to consume 2.5 watts continuous when under any amount of load.

Oh shit is that the new Razer model?

I have one and the only time it gets really hot like that is when it's connected to our satellite receiver. That little fucker gets hotter than the sun anyway so it's no surprise.