Smart watch thread?

Smart watch thread?

Attached: 1f8ef24b-345e-48aa-a7c2-330f9d10a2b1.jpg (540x720, 53K)

Attached: cf5833ba-4931-4aea-9642-c20ec43d2ffc.jpg (540x720, 36K)

Samsung Gear S3 (Frontier and Classic) are on sale at Costco, and I'm really tempted to get one. I know smartwatches are toys, but toys are fun sometimes.

Pebble 2 because nothing else has the battery and the music controls that I exclusively use it for.

ngl that looks pretty rad

Actually looks pretty cool but having the day of the week be the biggest thing on the display is fucking retarded
How often do you check your watch to know what weekday it is? Maybe once a day at most.

It's cool I guess. Not as cool as I expected but, hey, I had the money so why the hell not.

Attached: Screenshot_20180528-230603.png (1536x2048, 1.57M)

I can highly recommend the samsung gearfit 2 ... got a 10 dollar band from ali express. I love it.

Attached: IMG_5841.jpg (3264x2448, 1.26M)

> I had the money so why the hell not.
Because now you don't.
That's generally how that works.

i miss my pebble so fucking much I lost it while blackout
Truly the best smartwatch

This. OP's watch looks retarded and overkill.

Is the screen broken or is that black part supposed to be like that?

huawei watch 2, smart watches in general are meh

Attached: IMAG0117.jpg (2368x4208, 1.87M)

Yeah, I like the idea of a smart watch or a wearable computer bracer, but it falls flat because of the "you have to charge it all the fucking time" factor.
Battery revolution when.

Is there any other accessory/piece of tech that can instantly make the user look so fucking poor?

>piece of tech
flip phone

>smartwatch

Attached: 47D6A810-C86C-4383-836A-6FECC2A22F56.jpg (1024x417, 48K)

Most will assume that's a spare phone, likely forced by the employer.

that screen looks like shit

>tfw no watch that runs on body heat

>automatic

I wonder how much power your could get out of a self winding watch style mechanism
I'm sure it's not enough to do anything worthwhile or someone would be trying to push it on kickstarter or something, but it's an interesting idea

I charge mine when I take a shower and that's all it needs, occasionally charge it when I'm at home and not doing anything. Gear s3 user

Attached: Screenshot_20180529-011820_Gear S Plugin.jpg (1440x2960, 870K)

basically

Attached: WV211B_BA0787.jpg (1200x1216, 297K)

I cant remember how i got home on sunday night after drinking a whole bottle of brandy. Woke up... missing smartwatch .... fucking freaked the fuck out. PANIC.

Was about to go on a mission to find it and it was outside the front door next to my shoes.... lucky

There was a company a few years back that patented a device that was like an LCD screen for under the skin, giving it a tattoo-like appearance. Part of the design was that it used blood sugar to power it.

i fucking hate how they split the watch / fitness / pay apps up.... fuckers wanna waste my home screen

S T O R I E S
T
O
R
I
E
S

The watch face in the bottom left looks pretty heckin epic.
Download it and take a picture.

Sickkk

Attached: 20180529_013230.gif (480x640, 2.17M)

I don't want to admit this but it unironically looks kinda ebin.

People have been theorizing stuff like that for years
I remember like a decade ago at least I was reading a Popular Mechanics in an airport and there was an article about bioelectricity and biological power generation, and one of their main "This will power the cyber-eyes of the future!" things was a fucking turbine in one of your arteries.
The technology is actually feasible, sort of, it has been tested and works and was invented for powering pacemakers which it would actually manage if it is reliable enough etc, but they managed to generate half a mW, which is apparently roughly 1/2000th of what it takes to update an eInk display, to put into perspective.

Huh, and just by coincidence I stumbled across an article about someone actually using a self winding watch mechanism to run a tiny generator to run a pacemaker off a heartbeat, and they got 52 microwatts when they tested it on a pig. Which will apparently also run a pacemaker, I had no idea they were so efficient.

>tfw stuxnet infects your pacemaker

Attached: 1443921578314.gif (247x161, 1.22M)

is it dumb to buy a pebble time now?
my pebble 2 disintegrated, and i miss having the ability to manipulate my music playing with my watch.
have a galaxy s9, so probably staying on oreo for the foreseeable future.

Xiaomi bip last for a month or so on single charge.

Two weeks battery life in minimum for smartwatches to become mainstream.

original pebble

> that screen looks like shit

its actually samsung OLED and one of the blackest blacks i have found. Camera just fucked it up. I have to turn the brigness way down to take a decent picture of it.

here is it playing fucking music

Attached: IMG_5671.jpg (2448x2448, 1.19M)

I don't see these threads often and my question doesn't warrant it's own.

Are there any current/plans for a fully fledged smartphone that can be worn and used on your wrist like a smartwatch? I've always liked the idea of a smartwatch, but having to bring your phone around with you really defeats the purpose unless you're constantly working with your hands or your phone always out of reach.
I really don't even use my phone for much aside from reading the news. texting/calling and rarely music. So having something so small and convenient just for that would be great.

What you want is just an armband holder for your phone it seems.
Those exist.

I get what you're saying, but it's too bulky, inefficient and not nearly as elegant. The screen size/resolution with the always on display of a watch would kill the battery in a couple of hours.

Is there anything that
a) either runs full android or is otherwise very open to customisation and lets you install your own shit; and
b) has a long battery life (meaning most likely eink display)?
I just want to look at notifications, directions (with OsmAnd), and maybe type like a retard with minuum. But the last two seem unlikely to be explicitly supported by the vendor, which is why I am looking for an Android one.

I don't give two shits about fitness or whatever.

Just installed wear 2.0 on my original of g watch, works really well and the battery life is nice, I've been thinking of upgrading for a while but the only features I don't have are NFC for payments and a heart rate monitor

My Huawei sports 2 can take an lte sim so theoretically it can make and receive calls. Probably need some voip app. In the meantime, I send/receive texts with it which is perfect since that's 99% of the communicating with other people I do anyway.

whats this

I have this lust for smart watches but they just seem so insecure that it puts me off getting one

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (500x336, 21K)

That already exists, it's Seiko Kinetic and you wind to power for a battery

The real question is how much more power does a smart watch take compared to a regular watch. It might not be practical.

When a watch in 2018 has more ram and disk space then my desktop from 1990

Well yeah no shit winding watches exist you retard, they're very common in fact. That user was obviously talking about smartwatches specifically.

Just put it on the dedicated stand when You go to sleep, it charges overnight wirelessly. Not like You wouldn't put it on THEE shelf anyway, Right?

Fukkin nice my man
What watch is that?

Attached: Milo Thumbs Up.jpg (475x393, 28K)

Smart watches are powered by batteries and most winding watches use a hairspring. I'm talking about a watch that winds to power a battery, which is exactly what the guy was asking about. It isn't a smartwatch, though

Huawei watch. I used to love this, then I found Jow Forums. Now everything is botnet, and I want to get rid of it.

Attached: IMG_20180529_122745.jpg (2592x1944, 951K)

>Having the symbol of the devil on your wrist at all times.

Pebble 2 HR.

Used to have 1st Pebble, and Pebble Time.

Attached: IMG_20180529_195449.jpg (2448x3264, 2.37M)

I want to get a Fitbit cause I'm trying to lose weight

And how are the two related?

Fucking Fitbit they already killed Pebble and Vector smartwatches.

Is there any simple and slim watches with notifications, easy readable screen and good battery life?

Which watch is this? The strap looks like apple watch.

>not wearing it