Is pic related really how every CS major acts? Why are they all so insufferable?

Is pic related really how every CS major acts? Why are they all so insufferable?

Attached: hacker-news.jpg (700x250, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

n-gate.com/
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17099969
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Why are they all so insufferable?
they think learning computer science makes them good programmers
when they enter the real world they humble up real quick

No, HN is a special brand of silicon valley horse shit.

> n-gate.com/
makes it worth it

Thank you so much!

>site does not use HTTPS

is the site taking your CC data? no? fuck off faggot

why are you so defensive

>read only site
>needing security

this

didn't they just post a intro to calc study? How do you have a technical degree with at least Calc I and II?

I have downvote karma and I use it with reckless abandon.

>Reddit format makes everyone attempt to agree with eachother and self censor their less popular opinions
>Downvoting someone literally deletes their comment
>90% of content is clickbait cancer
>Really left leaning opinions are the majority, therefore censoring any opposing yet legitimate views

Basically, it has every problem Reddit has

Attached: 1525902446183.png (392x278, 138K)

>site links to a Patreon account
How can I be certain this is the same owner as n-gate and it isn't some account that was MITM placed for me to "support"?

Read only sites are exactly the ones that need security you fucking retard otherwise all text can be assumed to be compromised.

Who cares? Nobody's going to subscribe.

97 retards already have.

Attached: 1527557756.png (272x282, 8K)

Its 100x better than reddit but that isnt saying a lot. I've been on several similar "higher IQ" communities and its always full of unbridled autism. Make any comment that doesn't perfectly explain a thing in 100% detail. And you'll get a million comments pointing out the one thing you left out or simplified. Almost intentionally trying to misunderstand you to prove how smart they are for internet points.

Attached: 20180525_101838.jpg (1440x1920, 848K)

Also one of the problem with HN is that there are a lot of completely secret rules as to how content ends up on or off the front page. YC companies get special treatment. Also bad press for YC companies instantly gets deleted. Anything political but related to tech gets instantly deleted. The people there are the typical SV leftists too where they literally think that their interpretation of the world is infallible and possessing a different opinion is unacceptable hate speech that needs to be purged.

this is a meme, at least in my experience (and i'm self-taught too)
quality schools turn out good programmers who can run circles around most of the self-taught devs out there

exception is shit-tier state and community colleges. seems like they'll give just anyone a CS degree.

I keep an eye on /newest but most of it is still garbage.

hacker news is increasingly full of basedboys and sjws with history degrees but who have tech jobs because they know javascript and python.

I admit that some pretty good articles can crop up on HN and if it's purely programming related there can be some ok insights in the comments but God forbid an article on anything slightly political or philosophical entering the mix.

They have a "flamewar detector" that kills posts that get more comments than votes. Also anything flagged by multiple high karma users gets instantly removed. And that means anything with right leaning political opinions usually.

The quality schools are very selective and so take in students that already have high ambition and intelligence. The school itself is useless.

This doesn't match my experience. There are a lot of wealthy silver spooners who went to ivy league schools for CS or business on there that have life handed to them easily whatever they do. For these types getting a job programming at a top company is just going through the motions of life. They don't humble up because they don't have to.

It's just a reddit sub that pretends to be an independent website , 100% of their user base is reddit and were led there from reddit

your downvotes stop having effect after a while. the software is pretty good at keeping assholes like you at bay

S N A P P Y
N
A
P
P
Y

>One Hackernews wants to know how the hell you boot a NeXT box and write software for MS-DOS, which is a totally different "operative system." The answer, of course, is javascript.

>they humble up real quick
t. never had to deal with interns

You've never experience management until you've had some little arrogant prick who barely knows "hello world" try to "teach" you something or having to explain to someone why their attempt of making a god object that knows about literally every object in the system isn't a bright idea.

Attached: 1376174879423.jpg (400x307, 28K)

"Hacker" news
Site is trash
pic related

Attached: 2018-05-09-113555_1257x151_scrot.png (1257x151, 33K)

What's wrong?

You can already do everything an MIT student can do for free. The only thing you wouldn't gain are the "connections". Otherwise the school has nothing that any other student couldn't learn themselves

Hn is representative of hn.

Not CS, not hackers. Maybe web devs though!

>web devs
Webshits.

Holy fuck my sides.

Attached: cheers.jpg (303x303, 20K)

State/community/junior colleges are a joke and not taken seriously unless the applicant is a pajeet.

There's good state colleges.

Not that are respected by people who went to real universitys.

>Berkeley isn't respected

Attached: 1449717365-002b9982be0d3633b7fc97c2c318e6f4.jpg (500x318, 66K)

Too liberal.
Come back when you have a degree from an ivy.

It's not. I went there and most of the people there were idiots. They all have a complex from being rejected by Stanford.

To them nothing is uncertain. If there is a problem, they know the cause. Obviously their preferred solution will solve it. I think it comes from fixing trivial problems too often.

And you got your UoI UrbanaChampaign, probly tons I never think of. Look at your mirror lists.

>ivy
>real university
They're the rich version of a party school.

I went to an ivy and I wasn't rich, I had high GPA and SAT score.

>ivy
>average grade is an A

It comes from not fixing problems to begin with. Most of HN is webdev startup faggots that slap together other people's code for a living.

Yeah its just stupid the level of analysis that they go into about social engineering problems with their self righteous attitudes like they have all the answers. They make all sorts of wild speculations and pull stuff out of their ass that sounds right but sometimes doesnt make much sense at all. Its pretty annoying how everyone is trying to out autism each other and come up with some original points.

>n-gate.com/

>that disgusting comic sans font.

Dropped.

thank god he used that font

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17099969

They will autistically argue about anything and sometimes they forget to make sense because they are too busy being enlightened

Most HN lack CS education and hate learn basic math or computation theory.

HN begin mostly self taught web developer searching some “new” lack bussiness sense,social skills and begin stuck in eternal beginner cycle.

Well begin pretty close to average CS grade but worse...

My RSS reader only pulls 250+ point stories from HN, and even that much might be a waste of time.

webcuck detected

Yeah the scala threads they always cry about how its too complex and that they will be switching to Go.

You were part of the diversity quota so poor people feel good about themselves.

That's phenomenally retarded. Imagine if threads bumped too often were killed.

Look at this idiot.

Then they become interviewers that cause this >>>

>universitys
holy shit

[dead]

It shouldn't be installed on your system if you don't want to see it.

>Is pic related really how every CS major acts?
No, there are some sane ones, even girls that are nice and clever, but in general they are few and far between
Rampant faggotry, feminism and sjwism in universities

>Really left leaning opinions are the majority, therefore censoring any opposing yet legitimate views

why do you need to ree about politics on HN anyway lmao

Also

>not left leaning
>"legitimate viewpoints"

Lold

yes

Attached: hackernews.jpg (940x192, 20K)

>Of course increased diversity is much to be desired
dropped

Read LWN instead.

Attached: 1f9.png (650x975, 1.04M)

Not every, but most "software engineers" do act like that.

>if the http packet isn't encrypted that means you can modify the server side even though there's no attack vector to actually do so from

Attached: d27.png (645x729, 75K)

Computers. Very few people interested in anything computer or technology related are nice people to talk to. Grown people that never grew out of the fanboy stage. That think they see problems with the way other people enjoy their computers and feel the need to fix shit for them.

Fuck off. I'm perfectly fine with my Atari, I don't need to hear about your Amiga.

>webshits
>cs majors

Found the jew