How to build web apps frontend without killing myself

Back-end webdev here. I'm in a huge trouble. Need to develop few web app in the next weeks but I will have to build the front-end crap by myself.

What tools is Jow Forums using to quickly build their UI in a framework like Bootstrap for example. I have found some online UI builders but they all look very unreliable.

Also.

>in /b/ muh bootstrap is so easy you're retarded

I know but it's still shit and I want to minimize touching it.

Attached: bootstrap4[1].png (400x300, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tachyons.io/
picturepan2.github.io/spectre/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I have found some online UI builders but they all look very unreliable.
Have you actually tested them?
I mean, it's plausible that they would be crap. How good of an idea is creating UI elements on top of HTML in the first place...

All frontend software is garbage, and it is not really possible to make any that isn't garbage. Cobbling together generic shit is your best bet

>tfw css and html is the final boss of programming
im not even joking, you need to be literal genius to remember each of that crap and how/why it works that way

>Have you actually tested them?
Yep. most of them very outdated mainly made to support bootstrap 3 and then abandoned.

>How good of an idea is creating UI elements on top of HTML in the first place...

I know that everything above plain old HTML is abomination but it's the world we're living in. At this point I would gladly use any component driven framework out there if there is a decent builder about it.

check out Tailwind Css

thanks, checking it out!

>above plain old HTML is abomination
That is an abomination, too.
HTML was never fit for any kind of job.

Bulma, Ant design or Material-UI I guess.
If you're looking to develop a front end site with decent performance I'd recommend looking in to static site generators like Gatsby for React, preact-cli with pretendered URLs or Nuxt (with nuxt generate) for Vue.

it was excellent for pic related.

Attached: World-First-website[1].jpg (956x630, 188K)

nope
far too wordy for that time

thanks!

This. I've come to the conclusion that frontend guys are savants. They can remember and use a thousand web frameworks yet they can't into fizzbuzz.

Css grid or flexbox is all you need

Try Semantic UI

this

or MaterializeCSS, personally I think it's super easy, though not as featurerich as BS or Semantic

No, it just takes a year or so of experience. But yeah, CSS is shit.

Bulma or tailwindcss

check out polymer, web components, shit is so cash

Depends on how much interactivity you need. If you have minimal JS and just need it to look good enough then use bootstrap 4 or bulma. Both flex-box based, only ~20kB css, and makes the mobile responsive layouts easy. I prefer the syntax of bootstrap, it will be confusing at first but stick with it and you won't have to write any css. Oh and get your head around flex-box first, it'll pay off.

If you're making 'web apps' and have complex user interactions and some ajax to deal with you'll also need a js framework. I like both Vue and React, but Vue makes more sense to backend guys. If it's just you and you need to pump shit out you need a css framework, don't fuck around with react styled components or postcss, that shit is for big projects and big teams. Do not write css unless you have to. Do not use a front end framework if you can deal with page refreshes instead. KISS

What do you use backend anyway, and what do you have to build?

Just buy a bootstrap or materialize template for $20

Just go with Bootstrap. Fuck a shit of businesses use it as is without adding on top of it for their web apps and websites for employee use.

Css is shit because you're shit. Media queries allow it to be more flexible than any framework. It has flexbox and grid allows for manipulation of columns not just rows. Bootstrap everything has to be a fucking div it's brutal

This

Just use something lightweight. My best choices for personal projects have been

Tachyons (really good, try it out)
tachyons.io/

Spectre (if you're glued to the meme-layouts of bootstrap, this will do wonders for your autism, and only 8kb instead of 100kb)
picturepan2.github.io/spectre/

Now fuck off and start building

Flexibility is inversely correlated with simplicity. The reason I learned to love bootstrap was that it made decisions for me. I get a quick good site with consistent design. If the client wants to pay for a great site then there'll be a designer/UI guy involved, but that's not money well spent for most projects.

CSS grid has 88% adoption (from caniuse.com), so it will break on more that 1 in 10 sites. No way I'm using that yet.

Many CSS features still require vendor prefixing, fuck doing that myself, and on a small project I don't want to introduce a webpack build step just for that.

Plus there's the shit you don't think about, want to add a data table somewhere, that shit is already styled. Or maybe you want a nice sliding menu on mobile, sweet throw the bootstrap one in and you're done.

Most of them are made by poos and are fill of plebeian tier JavaScript and retardation

It's pretty easy to find a non-shit BS template.

What's wrong with BS? I've never had any problems with it? It works really well.

>What's wrong with BS?
BLOAT and Niggers

>also jQuery gramp

kek

Spectre is neat. Thanks!

I love the concept of shadow DOM.

Semantic is cool but it's also somewhat bloaty

>Depends on how much interactivity you need.

A lot.

I'm going to make some sort of PWAs with Laravel/Lumen back ends. Thanks, I'm seriously considering Vue with Bulma.

vue.js + vuetify

Vue is a great choice. Good for beginners and experts alike. I've tried the Bulma integration, and it's so so. At work, I've been using bootstrap-vue, and it's been pretty nice. If I were to do it again, I'd consider vuetify.

guy from ().

Nice, I've been making a Duolingo style SPA (for a client, not my dumb idea) with Laravel, Vue, and Bootstrap recently, it's a nice ecosystem, great docs, batteries included but not too much bloat.

I was hesitant about diving into the SPA thing too much, but Vuex and Vue-router are a nice touch, and as shitty as I thought having a front end and back end router would be be, it's worth it for that smooth page loads.

>vuetify

Wow this stuff is dope! Thanks a bunch anons!