Is RFID wallet protection a meme or not?

Is RFID wallet protection a meme or not?

Attached: file.png (655x569, 444K)

Other urls found in this thread:

csoonline.com/article/3199009/security/why-you-dont-need-an-rfid-blocking-wallet.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

meme

or not

I'll rephrase, are NFC cards safe in a non RFID protected wallet?

nope

depends on the wallet if theyre even safe in one.

>is electromagnetic shielding a meme

Attached: 1526473129007 (1).jpg (4535x3780, 407K)

Depends on who you are and what you do. If you are Amerifat then meme. Apparently disappearing with your credit card to process it is a very common and accepted. If you allow this to happen then you are much more likely to get picked by your waitress than a rogue scanner.

If you work at a company that uses proxy cards something like this could protect your job. Until you get in your job and have it exposed to the office and every visitor with flowers or the hot secretary's boyfriend that is just misunderstood.

If you are a layered security person then it makes sense, but it doesn't buy much value.

just put aluminium foil in your wallet

#metoo

So you actually go outside?
Why don't you just stick a flare up your arse and run to the local police station? ffs

I don't have any RFID cards, my credit card is chipped but not touch capable

>Not carrying all of your objects of importance inside a Faraday cage from dragon dildoes to your riced distro chinkpad.

just cover it in foil, does the same thing

most of the times banks will cover fraud anyway

I have several nfc cards so their signals disrupt each others signals

csoonline.com/article/3199009/security/why-you-dont-need-an-rfid-blocking-wallet.html

This. If you have more than one NFC card in the same wallet, nothing's going to be able to get a clean read on any one of them.

>NFC
NFCs max range is only about 5cm. The only time people could steal your card info is if they jam the machine right up to your wallet.
NFC isn't what these are for anyways. IIRC there was another form of contactless that was very easily stolen from a decent distance. I could be 100% wrong though.

Attached: file.png (283x178, 94K)

My wallet is fat enough to where both sides can get a clean signal. Just dont be a poorfag brah.

You're saying I should put more cash than I need to in my wallet so I can put my NFC cards further away from each other to deliberately make myself vulnerable to skimming?

>he doesn't know

Yes.

What are you? A pussy?