Is 4chanX fucked?

Is 4chanX fucked?

Attached: Screenshot (43).png (1920x1080, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Jow
boards.Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For you, yes.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (3840x2108, 3.42M)

I get that as well. It comes and goes. Switching from Violentmonkey to one of the alternatives would probably fix it.

type ctrl+f5

>turn on thread auto update
>within a few hours I get failed to load board configuration error and no css
>don't use auto thread updater
>don't have this problem
>have to manually go to 20 different tabs or so pressing f5 on all of them

>2018
>4chanX

Attached: 1438728558897.jpg (480x360, 35K)

nope

Attached: nope.png (1232x894, 153K)

What do you recommend then ?

Clover

W-why do you have disconnect when you already have uBO also
>Stylish

i use tampermonkey and i still get it occasionally. no idea what's causing this.

its that piquigproxy website or whatever the fuck thats causing it - it breaks the script. Even if you deny it with a script blocker, it existing on the list is enough to get the HTML formatting.

How do I unfuck this on qutebrowser? I don't have ublock origin on qutebrowser and using the built-in adblocker fucks up everything like OP's pic related.

This. When i discovered Clover i stopped using Jow Forums from the web, comfy af and pretty organized, I don't have to rely on half assed scripts that break every time to make this site usable.

Ads started showing again today for me, CSS doesn't break though.

Chromium, Violentmonkey, uBO

The fuc k is 4chanx?

If only there were some search thingy that could answer all our questions... oh well.

if that's Jow Forums x then why not just use the web interface?
will my mom find something called Jow Forums x on the family pc and ask me about it though?
Clover will not work either, my family is english and we hate the irish

yeah a man can dream. So what the fuck is it you fucking cunt! fuck you what is it?

Updating ublock and 4chanX has never worked for me. The ONLY thing bearable that fixed it was installing ScriptSafe (noscript for chrome since I use ungoogled-chromium) and set it to allow all scripts by default and just blacklist the amgload and other malware scripts that break the CSS. Literally the only thing that worked. Manually adding the uBlock rule to block the script injection didn’t work.

Werks on my machine.

Every feature on Clover is in 4chanX. Clover is missing a ton of features from 4chanX.

>phoneposting at my desk instead of just using my PC

why

>phoneposting at my desk instead of just using my PC
kys faggot

It just werks

Attached: Screenshot_20180529_193441.png (1920x1080, 351K)

You should be banned.

It was pissing me off endlessly until I switched to the beta release.

Last time I saw that was a couple months ago. The worst I get these days is having to refresh the page on the first visit to the site of the day.

>using threaded(reddit) mode

Attached: greenIsMyPepper.png (640x400, 73K)

Sometimes I have to refresh the thread upwards of five times to get it to load properly. Sometimes, no matter how many time I do it, it simply wont load

It's a userscript
It improves the web interface and adds features.

Try private mode?

Are you on the newest 4chanX version?

Install uBlock Origin, enable extra filters, done.
Its hiroyuki ads breaking the site every time they are blocked by the extension, not 4chanX fault.

Kill yourself

Attached: 1290_tc.jpg (200x238, 18K)

I have the same problem with uBO on. Dev is saying the problem is with tampermonkey.

i had this issue but i have my settings backed up so i just reinstalled and it went away

It's not Jow Forums that is broken, it's the fucking malware hiro inserted on the website that breaks the whole css.

Get rid of greasemonkey ffs

>view Jow Forums for the first time today
>call to eval() blocked by CSP error
>restart browser
>4chanx just shits itself and stops working completely.
Alright.

Attached: 1442804485791.jpg (700x525, 89K)

Well, for me it restores once I disable uB. I am running that one script back when Hiroshima launched the intrusive ads though.

Maybe I should ask while a thread is around.

Is there a way to have transparent .png's show the color of the oneechan theme I'm using, instead of the default light blue? I've dug around the settings and either I'm more of a moron than I hope, or the option simply isn't there.

Attached: 1338626591796.png (662x636, 144K)

Seems like it.
Just turning on uBO fucks the site for me, suddenly the script I had for blocking Hiro's malware just doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is everyone having problems with 4chanX running firefox? I'm getting "Content Security Policy: The page’s settings blocked the loading of a resource at self (“script-src”). Source: call to eval() or related function blocked by CSP." in the console. If you go into about:config and disable "security.csp.enable" 4chanX starts working again.

I have the exact same thing. Turned it off, everything works.

The reason why it works is because the ads are loading now, hidden by 4chanX but still loading in the background.
This is what the sites loaded should look like, if you see smproxy or amload you are running literal malware.

Attached: ublock.png (505x396, 27K)

How do I fix it then

My current filter list, and my custom filters:
@@||Jow Forums.org^*$csp=default-src 'self' * data: 'unsafe-inline' 'unsafe-eval'
Jow Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)

Attached: filters.png (437x702, 49K)

Once fucking again:
BLOCK JAVASCRIPT FROM Jow Forums
This instantly fucks up every hiro scheme.

>mfw thanks for 4chins X I can block first party scripts on 4chins
>mfw only need a frame and images from Google for captcha, no cookies or script required
too bad i can't screenshot umatrix. Pressing PrintScreen with KDE actually counts as a keypress and umatrix closes

>block JavaScript
>captcha doesn’t work anymore

not true. see the post above yours.

yeah well you’re a wiener

testing after disabling scripts

Thanks for the tip user, I was having the same exact issue and editing the config fixed it.

you need the script for the catalog

This. Even enabling Google scripts doesn't make it work. Filter posted earlier in the thread also breaks it.

Attached: wUFSrvE.png (1465x647, 84K)

Works under this configuration.

Attached: Capture.jpg (489x377, 34K)

>not using v1 noscript captcha

Attached: Screenshot_20180529_190042.png (321x627, 166K)

1) why are people using ublock this way instead of umatrix

2) use the catalog and see if it works

Exact same thing happens when I try to enable it.

>Hiro breaks shit AGAIN
What is he even doing? Nothing about the site itself has changed, and yet shit is breaking.

Attached: 1445428782954.png (1000x1195, 438K)

It's just another retarded and underhanded way of sneaking ads onto users who block ads.

Attached: 1514475286301.jpg (296x334, 7K)

well i noticed like half the sites images are being rerouted through is2.Jow Forums.org again for me instead of the normal image server for some strange reason, just like what happened a few months ago
despite the fact that all images are being uploaded to the main server regardless and you can find the original image by just changing the link address and replacing is2.Jow Forums with i.4cdn
as far as i can see it serves no functional purpose and simply slows image loading to dialup speeds, so its probably something shady

The purpose is to fortify hiroshima's bank account. He pays for bandwidth because he can't into unmetered.

Fucked for me. I'm using tamper monkey and ublock origin. Tried the things that were mentioned here but didn't work. I'll just unblock it for now until I can figure it out.

open umatrix
block scripts from Jow Forums and 4cdn

again, this causes the catalog to no longer work.

Which can be fixed by using 4chanX external catalog.

In my ublock filters, now it works

Jow Forums.org##script:inject(abort-current-inline-script.js, String.fromCharCode)
amgload.net
piquiqproxy.com

>v1 noscript captcha
Broken in Greasemonkey, and requires referrals to be enabled otherwise it doesn't load.

I have that checked and it still doesn't work, so no.

it works just fine one my end

Attached: 4chanx-catalog.png (1365x650, 362K)

>4chanX stops working when I enable ublock
what??

I had that problem all week.

Switching to the beta release worked for me.

This one: v1.14.1.2.

Scroll down to Beta section on github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/ and do this one

"To install the current beta version but get updates from the stable channel (for example, if just you want a particular recent feature):"

are you using violentmonkey on firefox? i had to downgrade it so i could block 1st party scripts

>actually using 4chanx
just why

not if you're using 4chanx which this thread is about (and not using the native catalog)

adblock wasnt blocking ads for me and that somehow fucked with 4cx so I switched to a different ad block and your problem went away for me

oh I see it's an entirely different url and no a surrogate script

I would go to something like Jow Forums.org/g/linux which should print a page of the catalog searching linux instead it was broken

I'm using Tampermonkey on Firefox. Doing what said and editing the config fixed the problem.

how to fix this lads?

Attached: 123523123.png (1299x945, 57K)

According to the developer its because of the adblocker (something chinkmoot implemented to fuck with your page) and he recommends you to switch to uBlock, but i have uBlock and still get the white page issue.

Anyone else can't move the fucking quick reply box, its stuck to the right side of the browser.

This one worked for me.

first of all, the image you posted isnt transparent, at least for me
this fine picture of ol drippy is though
and really the best place to ask about that would be the css general in /wsg/

Attached: 1514612976734.png (674x580, 151K)

mine.

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1365x713, 130K)

literally what is wrong with using clover/chomiumos/androidx86 on your thinkpad?
it works way better than 4chanx and doesnt leak a shit ton of fingerprintable information like your browser.

ABP was the culprit for me

posting is giving a "no file selected error" for me

it doesnt work until i reload the page. i lose the text of the comment but the cookie lets me post without filling a new captcha

there're reports for this, i had it as well, at the time uBO fixed it for me and others but shortly uBO was not needed anymore
>t. FF VM

Javascript Whitelist

'self'
'unsafe-inline'

Why not appchanx

oneechan or stylechan

For some reason 4chanX quit working on Tampermonkey for me. I had to install Greasemonkey. Really fucking weird. I'm not having OP's white page of death, I fixed that forever ago between uMatrix and perhaps a Jow Forums Anti-Cancer script that may not even still do anything as it's from Dec 2017.

Are you blocking referrers? You need to let the captcha have at least the boards.Jow Forums.org/ part or it's going to throw a hissy fit.

>actually using the native extension
just why

chinkmoot is the cancer killing Jow Forums,
may he rest is piss and pay for the fines he still owes japan for fucking over half-chan

As far as I know, no.