There were retards who would defend this on the regular

>There were retards who would defend this on the regular.
>There still are retards who defend bulldozer and piledriver on the regular.
>Anytime you trashed on it they'd cry "INTEL FANBOY" or "SHILL".
>Core i3 performance at four times the heat output and power draw.

Let's just celebrate the fact that these dark days are long gone.

Attached: 01.jpg (1024x683, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3647vs3916
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These were only good for ecc and vm support. Other then that they had very little going for them

Intel can be jwish but i7 7700k still better for gaymes than ryzen
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3647vs3916

Enjoy the stutter if you dare to multi-task

>multitasking while gaming
How retarded can you sound

>multi-task
I7 can do it without problems. If you have problems with multi-task probably it you ram that sucks
But ok, I admit that intel have meltdown and ryzen dont

FX is better than anything i5 that was sold in a couple of years, for the price of i5.

Ryzen can play any game perfectly fine, and has the added benefit of being better for a general purpose server or workstation.

anyone mind explaining what AMD were thinking?

They were decent for the price and overclocked well.

Attached: 1527252340979pol.png (1204x882, 1.4M)

>Thread about shitty FX
>MUH RYZEN THO
>MUH INTEL i9 GAYMAN BENCH THO

Also some time ago someone recommended me using a bulldozer chip if I wanted more privacy due to the IME stuff, is there no backdoor in the Bulldoze shit?

AMD's PSP doesn't have networking like the Intel ME.

Attached: amd 2.jpg (500x262, 35K)

Ironically, ME_Cleaner drastically reduces ME on most modern intel platforms including Sandy Bridge to Kaby Lake(Coffee lake untested, although it should work), while PSP is still not mitigated in any fashion(not to say, Ryzenfall).So it you want more privacy, get an Intel platform and mod your BIOS, instead of resorting to FX.

Attached: 66033.png (600x600, 40K)

Wow, really demolishes the competition.

Attached: 66034.png (600x600, 40K)

>>Core i3 performance

>I know nothing about MT performance or I am shitting here on purpose, the thread

>tfw stuck with an A8-6600K
at least the performance jump from it to a 3950X will be really noticeable, even more than when I went from an E-350 to my current cpu

Attached: 1527528677594.jpg (255x197, 11K)

>My x58 cpu is scoring almost double than that.
>It's older
How does this even happen?

well, HEDT is another level

Attached: shrek.gif (1080x793, 1018K)

Your Xeon six core sold for multiple grand when originally released and was made with the finest 45nm silicon Intel could muster. It's also still using the exact same Ringbus architectures Intel's mainstream stuff is using to this day.
FX on the other hand cost 300 dollars at the most at launch and GloFo's 32nm was really fucking bad.

Look at your own multithreaded chart. See that 8350? You could buy that for peanuts up to a year ago, low end locked i5 money at most, and even at stock it curbchecked i5 quad cores all the way up to the 7600 non-k (which gets 630 in multithreaded). The gaming performance was piss sure but if you needed the multithreaded perf and couldn't afford the i7, the FX was a decent option, until Ryzen came along and then obviously Coffee Lake happened so now FX looks pretty weak even in multithreaded.
And of course they could overclock like hell.
Their real weakness was the stupid high power consumption caused by GloFo's aforementioned 32nm node.

>having to kill every background process in order to play gaymes
Have fun when Windows decides to install updates :^)

>mfw kept phenom2be all that time
>and it was better than FX chips

Is the phenom2 one of the best cpus ever made or what?

Attached: th_dancing-2.gif (58x130, 132K)

>shutting down your torrent client while gaming
>shutting down your browser while gaming
>turning off your system clock while gaming
>booting up in safe mode with networking disabled to play games

I've got a Phenom II x4 955 w/32GB ram in my main desktop. No reason to upgrade, imo. Server runs a FX 8300 w/8GB ram. FX and gaming really sucked compared to Phenom II. For non gaming stuff, such as video transcoding, the extra cores wins. But since I play games and do other stuff on the desktop the Phenom wins. Was either take the cut down video times and reduced game performance or stick with Phenom II which delivers everything with no issues. (Really, gaining 30 min on video ain't that big a deal breaker,imo, especially when you got a spare Athlon x2 headless tower you can toss video jobs on as well)

I had a 955 but It was a huge bottleneck for my R9 290, do you game and what games?

I sold that cpu a few years ago, and now I feel bad about it.

>A8-6600K

I know that feel. I always want to upgrade but then I remember that I don't really play video games and my shitbox is plenty for the stuff I do.

I had a similar PC with a A10-6790K, OC'd very well, but the jump to a 2500K was amazing.
Try selling it for a pretty penny to a 14 YO for his fortnite plays.

There are still people who justify their FX processors because they are too lazy to get a Ryzen.
>But my expensive RAM

I would not use FX anymore unless I didn't paid the power bill and don't need much performance. Often you can still sell highend FX platforms for good money and get a 2200G platform for it.

this is brazil, I'd lose money if I were to sell it

They can run DOOM like butter. But that's about it.

No, that would be Conroe/Kentsfield.

Were you under the impression that hardware appreciates in value everywhere else?

Switch can run Doom...

Bulldozer is trash and I bought Intel instead. I hope Zen2 bankrupts the kikes.

You lost the money the second you passed the return date limit after you bought that piece of shit.

That shit would be on the curbside here.

they're not gone, the idiots are just in intel's concentration camp now

My gayming is running 2-4 clients while browsing the web, listening to music and watching vids at the same time. Guess which processor my next upgrade will be?

Pajeets here convinced to get an FX cpu back in 2013. I'm never buying another AMD product again.

I have a 2700x right now, and the difference between it and an 8350 are staggering. I will not however ignore the comfort that my old 8350 gave me. It was my only computer, and it was dearly loved. No; single core performance was not good. It was shit. Games would not run as fast as on intel counterparts. But i wasn't playing games 24/7, and in those tasks it was a good chip.

Attached: apuhaiku.png (1054x526, 38K)

>shutting down steam while gaming

>tfw phenom II x4 955 to FX-8320 to Ryzen 5 1600
not sure how it got to be like this, but they've all treated me well.

Shutting down the game while gaming