Best linux note-taker?

Which is the best linux application for taking notes?

Attached: notes-8.png (256x256, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.atlas.oreilly.com/writing_in_asciidoc.html
asciidoc.org/manpage.html
github.com/Laverna/laverna
github.com/search?q=org:Automattic simplenote
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_machine
man.cat-v.org/unix-6th/1/ed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's wrong with text file?

Keyinput botnet

Nano

Emacs org-mode, by far.

Mousepad

Zim

Mypaint if you need to draw or write complex formulas quickly and LaTeX in your favorite text editor otherwise.

vim

Key-Logger

what are you on about rajesj?

.txt file

OneNote

vim editor with asciidoc

Attached: notetaking.png (1170x662, 103K)

echo 'The note' >> notes.txt

/thread

Nano

emacs

ed

gedit

atom

Just alt tab out of the subsystem and use Notepad.

Second this, asciidoc is amazing. I sort my notes in folder with date, professor, class topic and title of the respective lesson. If I wanted to make it searchable, I'd either just put files with the tags as filename into the folder and use plain find or maybe use a dedicated tags file that is search with a command that I don't know and thus had to look up or create myself. Anyways, asciidoc can not be recommended enough of you don't want to create complex mathematical formulas or highly professional papers (although it can be used for that in theory)

windows virtual machine

>or highly professional papers (although it can be used for that in theory)
Also in practice. Oreilly recommends it when you become and oreilly author.
docs.atlas.oreilly.com/writing_in_asciidoc.html

I know someone who just uses visual studio code's mark down editor and I'm not going to lie all his notes look clean

Any decent text editor. I use Vim.
I can't believe people think they need specialized software for something as trivial as taking notes.

this.
I have my Zim file on a smb share so I can take notes on any machine I am working at

Huh, didn't know that, thanks user

Attached: excellent.gif (500x500, 800K)

Quick search of asciidoc shows a bunch of "explanations" that talk about the syntax.
Why would I use this cancer?
Are all translators written in ruby or is there someone written by competent programmers as well?

huh?

The only relevant information about any programming language is how to compile and how to run it.
I really fail to see why a "simple" note system should contain all that nonsense.

Also I hate blogposts about syntax.

cat > notes.txt
type whatever
you
want
here
CTRL+d

done

Libreoffice writer

what?
asciidoc.org/manpage.html

Attached: notes.jpg (500x271, 35K)

Don't do this, ink smears when you get it wet.
Use pencil.

> Quick search of asciidoc shows a bunch of "explanations" that talk about the syntax.
No shit? The dead simple syntax allows you to format notes very quickly.

> Why would I use this cancer?
Because you want a dead simple syntax to write formatted notes.

> Are all translators written in ruby or is there someone written by competent programmers as well?
There are no competent programmers other than you, so no.

your actual paper notebook with ball point pen.
pencils need sharpening which is inconvenient.

I just use nano. It's enough for just taking notes.

Let me give you a small examble
=My erotic furry story
me, [email protected]

==Intro
"I kinda sorta want it in me now" purred my strong male tiger friend, while looking at my erect stallion cock. I, a human turned horse, wanted him badly too, but I was afraid my dick wasn't long enough for him. "I can do you from behind if you're too shy". It's almost as if he could read my thought. Not really a surprise, considering we met the first time 4 years ago and anally pleased each others with the arms and legs we chopped off of children we stole from their mothers every week since.

It really isn't rocket science, I'm convinced your tiny brain can handle it

This

>your actual paper notebook with ball point pen.
Bullshit. I always lose paper media. Everything digital is organized properly and mirrored to my NAS.

Haven't lost a single thing yet.

lol this thread

just use a fucking pen and paper

Then you're stupid. I don't think I've ever lost a notebook when I was in college.

The only time I ever lost a notebook was when other kids stole them from me in middle school. Other than that I never lost any of them.
Seriously just dedicate a corner of your room or a space in your closet to stacking up notebooks and you're set.

I have, journal was in the rear seat of the car when a pop up shower came on a high humidity day. It was in ink so it smeared so bad it wasn't legible.

Attached: smeared.jpg (2225x3361, 1.25M)

That looks likes shit though

vim-orgmode and syncing it with git

Unironically this.

Get a good markdown plugins and use pandoc if you ever need something to look pretty

notes.txt on desktop?

vim

LaTeX

>t. onenote user
work etc.

I've tried - cherrytree, nixnote2 and tomboy

Don't bother - by the time you've imported and fucking exported every fucking filetype on the planet you'll have a garbled mess of shit.

cat > notes.html

in a dropbox or cloud drive folder does me (html not txt so you can put in links and pics etc.)

Attached: img_5538.jpg (3264x2448, 2.13M)

EMACS ORG MODE

Frixion pen and paper. Writing things down creates a better connection in your brain, allowing you to better recall the information in the future.

That's why you compile it, duh

ive just been messaging my 2nd unused steam account my notes because it

1. is automatically synced between my phone and pc
2. doesnt require any extra botnet software to perform a simple task
3. automatically expires notes from long ago because it deletes chat after a certain time period

it's been working great for me and ive been doing it for years. any long-term important stuff i either just remember or write on my calendar

Attached: share_steam_logo.png (512x512, 21K)

>the whole fucking steam client
>no extra botnet software
Please be a joke

i said "extra" for a reason; so long as i already have the steam botnet installed, at least im not installing a second one to do something the first already can

This, org-mode is world champion.

Asciiidoc is slow, heavy and shit. Do not recommend.

A remarkably lateral solution.

Cherrytree. Closest I got to OneNote folder type notetaking. Pretty decent.

Attached: Cherrytree-0.35.8-Running-in-Ubuntu.png (963x658, 58K)

I hate lined paper and it's hard to find good unlined heften.
So I use printer paper, but it inevitably gets mixed up and/or lost.

>Asciiidoc is slow, heavy and shit. Do not recommend.
Wat. Even the newer more features asciidoctor asciidoc processor that everyone seems to use is fast and small.

I use typora (works on linux). It is a markdown note-taker similar to zim but has inline editing and previews. Only downside, it is closed source and turning paid soon. Good time to try it while you can though.

Attached: screen2.png (1430x867, 146K)

Stop replying to shitty bait. He was obviously joking since he said he used Emacs and was calling other software bloated and slow.

Why bother if it's proprietary? There are quite a few of these, for example Laverna or Simplenote.

github.com/Laverna/laverna
github.com/search?q=org:Automattic simplenote

Not really, Emacs is only heavy once you use a shitty package manager like it were a fucking OS.

>like it were a fucking OS.
But it is an OS, At least it was one.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisp_machine

I gave it a try. The only issue is that it doesnt have live previews like typora (which is what attracted me to it over alternatives). Typora also has TeX support.

>live previews
Might as well use WYSIWYG.

standardnotes

Ed is the standard text editor.
man.cat-v.org/unix-6th/1/ed

Attached: banner5.jpg (1143x857, 87K)

Also you can import the html into onenote in office live!

new sublime text tabs that you never save

Anyone having experience with pandoc?

vimwiki

my diary desu