/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cybersecurity and Information Security General

Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources

>pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

◊ archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

» Thread Archive
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/cyb/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/subject/sec/
>archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//

≡ IRC
> Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
> #Jow Forumspunk
> #Jow Forumssec
> #nfo
> (All require SSL)
> IRC guide:
> github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md

Ψ Last threads:

Attached: 1487708427.jpg (1920x976, 367K)

Other urls found in this thread:

daz3d.com/cyberpunk-city
hooktube.com/watch?v=QDVVo14A_fo
lwn.net/Articles/755935/
bbc.com/future/story/20180530-the-controversial-debut-of-genes-in-criminal-cases
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ARM64-SSBD-Linux-V2
theregister.co.uk/2017/10/11/israel_russia_kaspersky/
cnet.com/news/dutch-government-to-drop-kaspersky-lab-citing-security-concerns/
recode.net/2018/5/30/17385116/mary-meeker-slides-internet-trends-code-conference-2018
ninetimes.cat-v.org/news/2018/05/14/0/
au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/army/ufmcs_app_crit_thkg_hdbk_sep2016.pdf
blog.eutopian.io/winning-systems--security-practitioners-1.-introduction/
shodan.io/
lwn.net/Articles/754864/
rtl-sdr.com/using-rtl_433-to-decode-simplisafe-home-security-systems/
bbc.com/news/av/technology-44070531/smart-sophy-socks-send-data-to-your-physiotherapist
theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/28/fitness-tracking-app-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html?via=gdpr-consent
instructables.com/id/3D-Printer-PCB-Etching/
codasip.com/risc-v-processors/
neondystopia.com/uncategorized/neon-dystopias-upgraded-site-launches/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Friendly reminder.

Attached: NoCloud.png (388x228, 148K)

Any idea where i could get military related /cyb/ stuff to learn?

>security
>pastebin.com

yeah, I know.
I replaced them at some point but the alternative went down for several days. the alternative's alternative got infested with js, rendering the site unusable.
so here we are again..

>military related
what interests you? you might be able to find some pdfs if you know exactly what you're looking for.
Drone shit, i'd imagine some consumer drone with openCV could tickle your fancy.
Personally i've been meaning to pickup some more info on jamming. Being a nuisance is always fun.

Mostly not so fancy stuff like red/blue team ressources. Planning to switch from enterprise it-sec soc/cert job to military contractors and want to learn how different military stuff is

>military related /cyb/ stuff
The FAQ has a dedicated section to mil /cyb/, did you check it out? Also a lot of info is stored on the FTP site.

Attached: 1024px-Seal_of_the_United_States_Cyber_Command.svg.png (1024x1024, 611K)

Thanks but the FAQ paste seems to be down

I just checked, and it works fine here. Direct link:
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview15.htm

Thank you very much

For those wanting to model the world of /cyb/:
daz3d.com/cyberpunk-city
I wonder how many have used that for their illustrations.

We had a good run in the last thread, let's keep this one too alive.

Attached: unityprofile.jpg (858x1073, 150K)

Here is the Google leaked internal video hooktube.com/watch?v=QDVVo14A_fo

Attached: o-MOTHER-FACEBOOK-4CHAN-570.jpg (570x430, 58K)

So what makes this thread better than /hmg/

Don't reply to obvious bait.

Attached: altered carbon.jpg (1920x1080, 2.56M)

What are some neat cyberpunk websites? (other than lain)

Does anyone here ACTUALLY work in security?

How can I get an entry-level job in cybersec? What certs are best/what are employers looking for besides a degree?

if they did they'd know better than to out themselves.

what's the story behind this pic?

Did you check the FAQ? There are tons of links there.

this

I'm from /lit/. Came here to get info on learning python.
Now, after reading the OP and checking out the resources, I'm interested in learning more about cybsec. How long does it take to get good at this stuff? Is it actually rewarding? What do you guys even do? I don't know why I find this so interesting.

It's soul crushing. Like all you can do is put on your tinfoil hat and continuously turn off evil shit while the whole world is collectively turning every doomsday switch on and blaming you for hurting their adoption.

I don't follow

A lot of work relates to hot new exploits and how to defend against these attacks. At is a race against time, again and again.

Helo frens!

Attached: serveimage.png (639x480, 351K)

depends on what you want to do and how much you put into it.
If you want to do it as a job, the low effort would be sysadmin - somewhat suitable for career changers who know what they're doing. the farther your want to go, the more background you will need.
As a hobby, just go for it. Even black-/greyhats get low hanging fruits - just be careful not to get v&

As an example (via) LWN

=== /sec/ News:
>A set of Git security releases
lwn.net/Articles/755935/
>This release contains the same fixes made in the v2.13.7 version of Git, covering CVE-2018-11233 and 11235, and forward-ported tov2.14.4, v2.15.2 and v2.16.4 releases

A lot of people will need to apply patches. Now.

Cringe thread

bump

Where does the ladder go? Why is it right next to their bed?

This, holy shit the future looks grim.

I think it leads to the ventilation ducts. Massively overanalysing here but the neighbourhood will have taller buildings than this level (see those through the window) so the ladder cannot lead to the roof.

Also having a RPG next to the bed is silly. Placing the bed directly under heavy machinery is also insane. And what is that samurai armour doing there??

It will probably get even more exciting. Especially genetic modifications and nano tech have potentials for malware.

>genetic
Speaking of which:
bbc.com/future/story/20180530-the-controversial-debut-of-genes-in-criminal-cases

My guess is that samurai armor is just a fun reference to japanese culture, which is often a big part of cyberpunk. To go with the story of the guy living there, he's probably just into it. Like how a castle might have a suit of armor on display, except a totally different setting.

Vulnerability Management. Is alright... I just rejected a 1 year contract of 70 hr to be in charge of application and regular vulnerabilities. OH by the way. the CISO at suntrust. Is very much a bad sign for your company. Imagine hiring 20 managers. but no actual employees.

im soo glad im not a FTE.

Not sure what this has to do with my post, but you've got my attention. What do "CISO" and "FTE" stand for?

CISO Chief Information Security Officer. He reports to the board of directors. what the engineering team, and security team are finding that need to be fixed to meet government regulations. (they can fail these regulations yearly and just pay a "fee" which is like a slap on the wrist or paring ticket to the company)

FTE = Full Time Employee, As opposed to a Contractor. Contracting is good money but you don't get all those benefits. (which if your healthy dont need)

ARM seemed at first safe from Spectre and Meltdown. That was then. Now:

=== /sec/ News:
>ARM's Spectre V4 Mitigation Updated, Speculative Store Bypass Disable
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=ARM64-SSBD-Linux-V2
>ARM has updated their set of Linux kernel patches providing mitigation for last week's disclosure of Spectre Variant Four.

This could be with us for a while.

I'm making a presentation about Kaspersky and Kaspersky Lab. Are there any essential things I should know about them? Have they been in the news lately?

last big news I remember
>theregister.co.uk/2017/10/11/israel_russia_kaspersky/

>Have they been in the news lately?
Sure:
cnet.com/news/dutch-government-to-drop-kaspersky-lab-citing-security-concerns/

>learn how different military stuff is
i worked for a few contractors back in my intern days.
it really depends on the team, program, how many actual feds you work with, etc.
you'll probably be fine.

>image

an actual cyberpunk apartment

Attached: bts03.jpg (1660x868, 312K)

Hi there buddy

there is not internet either its just a computer somewhere else

Attached: 15246972332670.jpg (450x450, 38K)

What exactly is insecure about pastebin? Other than the fact that anyone can read it, which if you're giving public information who cares?

I guess the lack of any apparent door is the clue.

Hi folks. Anything I can do with a NFC tag to encourage people to solve a problem that points to a link to a CTF? I was thinking of encoding the URI as base64 as something basic that when decoded points to the CTF URI. Open to suggestions.

Attached: DeF0p2kW0AYdvg9.jpg (1152x708, 117K)

It is a whole lot easier to use a QR tag and encode a text that people will themselves make an URL out of.

helicopter parenting

it's more because they're known for deleting "hacking" related stuff

Attached: 03af0f85bfc2e50560a729c39d3cd0cc.jpg (1200x703, 154K)

=== /cyb/ News:
I am a little sceptical about trends pointing forward but it can still be useful to see the changes so far.

>Mary Meeker’s 2018 internet trends report: All the slides, plus analysis
recode.net/2018/5/30/17385116/mary-meeker-slides-internet-trends-code-conference-2018
>2017 was the first year in which smartphone unit shipments didn’t grow at all. As more of the world become smartphone owners, growth has been harder and harder to come by. The same goes for internet user growth, which rose 7 percent in 2017, down from 12 percent the year before. With more than half the world online, there are fewer people left to connect.
This one is particularly interesting to me. Market seems saturated, stuff is good enough and new stuff sits on the shelves. Megacorps will then have no choice but to bring a truly new killer application. I hope for neuroelectric interfacing for cyberspace, Neuromancer style. More AI is mentioned later.

>People, however, are still increasing the amount of time they spend online. U.S. adults spent 5.9 hours per day on digital media in 2017, up from 5.6 hours the year before. Some 3.3 of those hours were spent on mobile, which is responsible for overall growth in digital media consumption.
Junk still sells, somehow. Do people really live such boring lives that the have to live through the make believe worlds presented by media??

Attached: anton-churunov-16-8-dop-2.jpg (1195x1600, 427K)

well for every report, you'll find at least one contradicting one. the artices I've read recently see smartphone sales on the rise.
>Do people really live such boring lives [snip]
for one part, yes they do. for the other, the media's indoctrination is in full effect. I see it every other day how someone completely changes their mind on something because they've read an article and are acting like they're never had another opinion. The meantime is spent with mind-dulling TV reality soaps.
They'd make excellent politicans tho'

=== /cyb/ News

After 3 months of silence 9front delives a new issue

>9FRONT “GHOST IN THE MINESWEEPER SHELL” RELEASED
ninetimes.cat-v.org/news/2018/05/14/0/
Lots of fixes everywhere.

That huge ventilator over the bed is really bugging me now.

The more I stare at this the worse it gets.

Would you keep track of Harvey OS too please?

I wish there was a good minesweeper that didn't give 50/50s or otherwise RNG based scenarios.
I had a fun thread on /v/ several months ago and someone suggested a special version, and while that version did prevent the typical 50/50 and was mostly solvable it still ended up disappointing me.
Basically, the generation allows for situations which you can only solve by knowing the amount of mines in the area, generally you would be fine. But it ended up giving me a bunch of them, in such a way that several solutions would work depending on if I were to move one mine from one to another.

>Harvey OS
I don't know much about that but I see tracking it will be easy:
>News
>Harvey joins the Software Freedom Conservancy
>Feb 28, 2017
>Harvey is now multiarch: say hello to RISC-V
>Dec 30, 2016

that has to be the most entertaining OS manual I've ever read. thank you user

Could somebody explain Port Scanning to me in plain language? Is this a good place to start to learn exploits? I'm new, thanks.

you scan a firewall for open ports. however, any decent sysadmin will know what the rule of least privilege is, and all unused ports will be closed

>entertaining OS manual
The style and language suggests many of the 9front people are also Jow Forums regulars.

Attached: 1463208652421.gif (700x525, 3.04M)

At least the floor is visible. It's missing the layers of trash and clothes

When you connect to a server at any port you're throwing a packet there and watching for a response. There are also non-responses that are indicative of things like CLOSED ports. So if you throw a packet at port 80 and it doesn't immediately terminate or pops up some text like it's waiting for an HTTP protocol header bam that port is scanned and your software reports "This looks like a webserver."

Some services are KNOWN to be buggy/exploitable/harmful in some way so scanning for those especially in large swaths of internet is how you reach low hanging fruit.

au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/army/ufmcs_app_crit_thkg_hdbk_sep2016.pdf

Good read.

Winning systems are the new goals.
blog.eutopian.io/winning-systems--security-practitioners-1.-introduction/

Please continue on specifically how to reach low hanging fruit.

shit like shodan.io/ does a whole-internet scan of vulnerable self-identifying devices. There's stuff like... unsecured webcams, uhh public FTP services, anything that can be run on the internet can also be configured wrong and then used for malicious purposes.

Things like shellshock and heartbleed and the other huge name vulnerabilities ARE STILL IN THE WILD. Some servers will never ever see a patch and will go on being vulnerable for forever (or until a botnet secures them)

I passed the oscp earlier this week, ama

>eee pc
cute

But I really hope none of you people live like this

Should still work using 50/50 with some heuristics to eliminate known ambiguous patterns.

Internet is not a computer it's the whole infrastructure.

how many tries did you take/what age, friendo

=== /sec/ News:
>Security quotes of the week
lwn.net/Articles/754864/

=== /cyb/ /sec/ News:
>USING RTL_433 TO DECODE SIMPLISAFE HOME SECURITY SYSTEMS
rtl-sdr.com/using-rtl_433-to-decode-simplisafe-home-security-systems/
>SimpliSafe is an American DIY home security system company that claims over 2 million customers. Their system relies on 433/315 MHz ISM band wireless radio communications between its various sensors, control panels and remote controls. Back in 2016 we already posted about research from Dr. Andrew Zonenberg and Micheal Ossmann who showed that the SimpliSafe wireless communications are unencrypted, and can easily be intercepted, decoded, and spoofed. SimpliSafe responded to those concerns by downplaying them and mentioning that sophisticated hardware was required.

Unencrypted? Unbelievable.

=== /cyb/ /sec/ News:
Is there really a limit to what data leaks people will accept? Or the creativity behind leaks? I wonder:

>Smart SoPhy socks send data to your physiotherapist
bbc.com/news/av/technology-44070531/smart-sophy-socks-send-data-to-your-physiotherapist
>These smart internet-connected SoPhy socks could enable you to be treated by a doctor or physiotherapist anywhere in the world.

What could possibly go wrong?

I don't know what to think, is the society really that brainwashed to trust blindly in technology?

They have "better things" to waste their meagre brainpower and attention spans on.

Any health data is a goldmine. Let aside stories like this
>theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/28/fitness-tracking-app-gives-away-location-of-secret-us-army-bases
where all the spotlight is on geodata, I'm sure insurance companies, where big money is involved, are very interested in your health and exercise status.

My thoughts about humanity ranges regularly from hope to despair. I like player theory in that it assumes people are not stupid on average. It gives me hope. And then I see people dump all information about themselves and their entire social circle into the maws of FB.

Bump

>insurance companies
Imagine if they got your genetic data? I can easily see a vast market for stolen genome data.

China is /cyb/ in ways that are hard to grasp:
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2015/09/why_drivers_in_china_intentionally_kill_the_pedestrians_they_hit_china_s.html?via=gdpr-consent

Serial LARPer here,
I enjoy assembling hardware more than I enjoy using it most times. I make more money than I need so I keep buying expensive shit and not doing anything with it.
Is there anything I can do with my pointless obsession?
Additionally, can we talk about the use of old military hardware, or the aesthetic of reusing purpose built hardware for something outside the intended use?
Also, what resources exist to help people design hardware? With 3d printing and additive manufacturing slowly shrinking to home use sizes, what can we expect people to be able to design and print reliably?
Do you think RISC V is going to catch up to ARM in the future, or is it a pointless dead end of embedded technologies?
instructables.com/id/3D-Printer-PCB-Etching/
codasip.com/risc-v-processors/

Attached: RuggedPortable-3Display-small.jpg (640x244, 94K)

Attached: d5u3w19.jpg (1187x672, 165K)

quick thought; TCP using services are considered safe when it comes to amplification attacks. But what does stop me from sending a spoofed SYN, followed by an ACK and then the actual request?
obviously, the target request needs to arrive befor the first SYN/ACK arrives at the target, because it'll reset the connection.

hey cyberpunk lads
are raspberry pi zeros actually worth having as a tiny portable computer or is it all memes

depends on what you're doing with them. the zero w's wireless is kinda trash unless you've got good reception.
as a backdoor they're potentially easier to hide than a cellphone.
plus they're easier to start with than a vocore for example

Those can be quite handy for embedded stuff. What it lacks in efficiency and computational power it makes up for in spades by a large community that makes it quicker to complete a project.

Up front cost, power consumption and speed are not the only parameters to consider.

Attached: d3fq3d2.jpg (1156x784, 1.04M)

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

=== /cyb/ News:

It has been quiet from Neon Dystopia for a while. Now they are back
>Neon Dystopia’s Upgraded Site Launches!
neondystopia.com/uncategorized/neon-dystopias-upgraded-site-launches/
>The time has come. Neon Dystopia has re-emerged from the augmentation tank! We appreciate the cyberpunk community standing by us while we were in stasis. A number of dedicated dwellers of this dystopia engaged us for the initial beta-testing and helped to fine tune the site’s upgrade. Our chassis has changed a lot and has a lot of new functionality, so I want to provide a primer on what’s new and different.

Let's hope they stay around, a lot of /cyb/ news outlets have tanked over the years.

Why isn't drugs & wires in the faq's webcomic section?