Should I finally take the plunge Jow Forums?

Should I finally take the plunge Jow Forums?

Attached: gen.jpg (726x799, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/to-Jow
gentoo.ussg.indiana.edu//releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-install-amd64-minimal/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1522180713607.jpg (766x758, 236K)

that settles it, anything stallman says must be golden.

gentoo's livecd is shit, use systemrescuecd

The minimal install iso is fine for installing the system, comes with support for RAID, LVM, LUKS, includes gpg, supports pretty much every filesystem.

yes, off a cliff

>needing approval from tech neckbeards online

this

kys like this thread

do it faggot

The gentoo live CD is shit.
I tried a RAID LVM LUKS setup and it has not the right crypt modules for the kernel

Stallman doesn't like Gentoo tho

After first booting make a list of all issues you find and of all features you need. Keep that list in mind and add new entrys to it.

It's really best to boot with some ezmode distro like mint or ubuntu to do the initial setup. Some people have used the official gentoo iso successfully, but it's pretty bad.

If necessary, the only reason I would use gentoo is for the ease of install for a Bugzilla server but then I'd use fedora to make my life even easier

Are you using livecd*.iso or install*.iso?

Gentoo is a lot of fun. You have to compile everything, so it takes a long ass time to set up your system, but as everything was compiled by your own machine you end up with a beautiful 100% compatible distro tailor fitted to you.

bear in mind the minimal CD doesn't have UEFI support
youll have to add an EFI boot entry externally

M E M E D I S T R O

Attached: 555653414.gif (330x271, 1.44M)

Shouldn't they both work?

The livecds are a horribly outdated showcase of KDE 5.4 or something and basically discontinued, the minimal installs are updated daily by the catalyst servers and contain more actually useful tools for the installation.

wrong post, meant for

I've been thinking about doing the same OP, just for the experiente.

Sure, I did it once.
Be prepared to sit around and do fucking nothing for 4 hours while you wait for emerge-world to finish

>gentoo Linux™

Attached: 1526636107110.jpg (344x461, 145K)

Just install calculate linux and let the installer do everything for you, then >$eselect profile set #
>$unmerge [calculate shitware]
>$emerge --sysnc && emerge -uDNv world

Ah ok. Thanks.

Wait what?

tfw couldn't get my shitty wireless dongle to work

>dongle

Attached: 1522095853079.jpg (525x809, 131K)

Must've been hard on Stallman when he submitted this for his art lessons.

stallman.org/to-Jow Forums.html

I don't remeber what boot media it was but I could only choose like 4 different encryption algorithms.
Are these the right isos ? gentoo.ussg.indiana.edu//releases/amd64/autobuilds/current-install-amd64-minimal/