/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends making their own threads with >previous

Attached: 1526280090481.jpg (250x191, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccloli/E-Hentai-Downloader
ehwiki.org/wiki/Hentai@Home)
youtube.com/watch?v=H7p5YEOrlSc
yourworldoftext.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've just gotten a tablet (as a gift, I normally just use desktop) and it comes with Alexa. I'm somewhat skeptical of it, is there any benefit to having it enabled on a tablet?

How do I rip the original images e-hentai galleries without buying the download using the site's credits system? I tried JDownloader 2 but it only produced jpegs, despite my confirming that at least one of them should've been a .png had it used the "Download original" button at the bottom of each page.

delet alexa
install ganoo
fancy kindle

hentai@home
torrent
or play the game, or tag and comment to gain enough e-penis

github.com/ccloli/E-Hentai-Downloader

Man, I just googled that (ehwiki.org/wiki/Hentai@Home) and it seems like far more commitment than I'm really willing to give. Thanks for the patient and telling answer, though. I bumped my question three times last thread and no one gave me a reply, cause I guess it was too messy.

The one I wanted said "Torrent Download ( 0 )". I just figured if the button exists on each page for the originals, I could just input the URL to a program and have it give them all to me in numerical order. I've heard about the game, though. What is it? My computer is rather awful, with it not being able to do 1080p playback flawlessly-
Actually I just clicked "HentaiVerse" at the top of the page and it produced a Corruption of Champions-style thing. If I can use this to download, I hope it doesn't require a huge time investment.
Thanks user. Will probably just use this desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=H7p5YEOrlSc
>1:35
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY ON ABOUT
COMMENTS SAY THERE'S A RIPPED T-SHIRT... WHICH ONE... WHERE

Attached: 1527656575881.jpg (1000x1000, 787K)

Is it possible to view a list of all time a website was archived on the wayback machine? I ask because after getting their FF addon I've sort of been autistically archiving really arbitrary links, like the fifth page of searching multiple tags on a booru. I wonder if one day the site founder might look it up, see my implied butthurt, then just inquire to delete it all.

redpill me about 5g
will it really be as bad as some conpiracy nuts are saying

Yes.

yes, not even joking

redpill me about what you mean
bad how

Notepad++ opens so slowly for me. I was so annoyed that I eventually put the cmd command for optimizing PNGs in the filename of the .txt itself, to avoid using Notepad++. This doesn't seem healthy. But it feels like my life is just being wasted every time I wait for Notepad++ to open. Is there a lighter version of Notepad++ I could use? I like the formatting and colors, multiple undo/redo history, and that the ctrl + F can loop. How slow it is to open hurts badly though.

Try the 64-bit minimal version

is suicide usually the answer for failure?

What are these things called

Attached: 1527683044691.jpg (1200x900, 51K)

I'd call that a splitter.

too much plugins?
maybe picrel?
jack splitter

Attached: Bez tytułu.png (872x420, 15K)

3.5mm audio jack female to male y splitter

I just went there, but that checkbox was actually checked for me already (but the number of entries was 10). So it doesn't check at launch time, so I don't think I can speed up anything there.
Thanks. I will. Notepad++ is so much more robust than regular notepad, but I noticed and felt the slower opening speed so hard. It was awful. Hoping this eliminates that.

Anybody ever use one of these USB 3.0 to HDMI adapters?

Do they add latency? Not for gaming, but can I watch movies without the audio being noticeably out of sync?

Attached: 71AZ96CeYtL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 15K)

Is this normal temps for a normal 2.5 inch SATA SSD?

First one is the SSD, ranges from 36-40 in idle.
The rest are mechanical HDDs. I don't remember SSDs being this hot, only had a samsung one before. This one here is a crucial one.

Attached: image.png (574x35, 3K)

so i have an internal hard drive (500 gb, ~30 gb used) with a dual boot of windows 10 and ubuntu, and i have an blank external drive (320 gb, no partitions), how do i clone the dual boot drive to the smaller drive? i tried clonezilla but it said the destination drive was too small, even though the source drive only has 30 gb used.

>literally reading what kids wrote in the comments

>10 gbps*
>1 ms latency*
>*theoretical
yes

I'd say shrink partition on 500gb drive to be less than 320gb and try again

How many combinations are possible with 3 digits, including A through Z, and 0 through 9?

Also, in pic related, I'm trying to get all the C column cells to display how many times the respective B column has shown up. For example, C2 would show B2 as 1, C3 likewise would show B3 as 2, all the way through to however many of the same thing show up.

Attached: calc.png (382x454, 11K)

Alternatively, if I import several sheets, is there a way to consolidate how many times a given phrase/term comes up?
Pic related is sort of what I mean, in a simplified fashion. Where there are repeats of "text", "maybe", etc. is there a way to have those seen by some function in a separate sheet, then display how many times they show up? I was going to use it for a project of generic names, and wanted to count how common a name in a given area is. I know there's probably some website out there that shows how common/popular a name is in any given area (Eg. American last names commonly being something like "Brown", "Smith", "Jones", etc.), but I'm tasked with doing it in >micro$oft excel. Lecturer is fine with any sort of spreadsheet software, so am using muh LO Calc.

Attached: name.png (243x366, 8K)

Damn, this is news to me. I'm not very educated on it at all, but I once spoke to my ISP about some issue and they inspired me to use the 5g thing my modem was producing. They said it was better somehow, and I believed it. So it was snake oil the whole time, if not worse than the non-5g internet it was producing at the same time.

36^3 combinations
>For example, C2 would show B2 as 1, C3 likewise would show B3 as 2, all the way through to however many of the same thing show up.
what's the purpose if text is always the same?

what's the closest i can get to a text editor that works like this website: yourworldoftext.com
specifically, one where you can click anywhere and start typing at that exact position, and you can write over other text without pushing the text forward
i wanna use it for ascii art

lock the top cell with "$" and drag it down

Attached: Bez tytułu.png (241x170, 2K)

So I seem to have busted 2 usb sticks. One form pulling out too early and the other I can't remember. So one of them is locked at half a mb bc it's write protected and the other can't be seen by any system. Wat do

Best carputer?

How do I remove the plate without breaking it?

Attached: 1509877450091.png (501x444, 338K)

Dude.
Ever tried pressing insert button?

o fuck i forgot that button even existed
thanks

how do I become root user under fedora?

For general utilities (DBAN, Memtest, etc.), is it better to have them on their own dedicated flash drive, or to dump them on a larger drive?
So if I had 5 utilities in mind, would it be better getting 5x1GB flash drives and labelling them, or just a larger drive, say 8GB?

So, I am in market for an ebook reader.

How important is a backlight for these devices?

Am I retarded to be buying a paperwhite if I'm never going to read in the dark?

Best download manager like jdownloader but not jdownloader?

how do they know?
How can I spoof display size?
Any solutions to get this to work on smaller sized screen?

Attached: tw.png (995x943, 202K)

I think my motherboard is fucked. Everything spins up, but there's no display even when I plug straight into the mobo.
The diagnostic speaker isn't making any noise

pls respond

IDM, uGet

Hi

aria2c
Yes. It is cli-based. But if you can get over the hurdle, it's the only downloader you will need.
youtube-dl for the rest

$su

it says authentication failure

Then type the correct root password you goop

sudo su
Enter your user password.
If your not in the sudoers file and don't have the root password. You gonna need to chroot in from a live USB or some other mission impossible shit.

a lot of people will say it's a gimmick and it's hard to disagree, and the back-lights, especially on older models aren't fantastic - I have a kobo h2o (first gen) and the back-light is a sickly cold white, however I use it at around 5% even when I'm in a well lit room because it helps illuminate anything that might be darkened by shadows which was a pet peeve of mine even with regular books, it doens't really change the 'colour temperature' of the screen either - it still looks like paper
if you don't mind the price increase it's not bad to have even if you never plan on reading on the dark (which isn't great, to be honest, but it's not as bad as some people make out)

merci

they're not terrible
above 50c start worrying about better cooling

Best media player for Linux?

mpv

mpv

mpv

mpv

Sudo dnf remove god

Windows media player running in wine

I need to learn Virtualization with Hyper V and WMware within 5 days.

Can it be done?

Are GPU prices actually going down or am I just getting memed on?

What's your IQ?
5 days gives you 120 hours.

That's plenty given the right resources

They went down a few bucks but dont buy them, 11X5's are comming out in july, dont over pay for old tech when you'd pay the same for brand new tech

If I took a I7-8550U with 16gb RAM on a hp spectre and hooked up an external gaming card like a GTX 1070 TI using a thunderbolt 3 port, could it run VR smoothly or am I overlooking something? Perhaps the heat?

I was looking for a good 2 in 1 laptop with a stylus so I can take notes on PowerPoint as the next two years of my program is PowerPoint hell. I noticed the hp spectre and while it isn't as portable as some others it looks like to me I could also do some vr which I've been wanting to try.

Attached: _20180530_111400.jpg (720x1230, 119K)

How do I view my full purchase history on eBay?

I can't see anything before April this year.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-05-30-16-14-27~01.png (1080x495, 37K)

Buy a good laptop for school

Have a decent rig for vr elsewhere

Stop trying to bundle everything and get shitty results

>app
use site

That is the site. The mobile version. Neither the mobile version or the app allow to view the full purchase history.

Whats a good program to image a hard drive for data recovery?

ddrescue

desktop site

Just search your email inbox. Don't ebay send mails after purchase?

I changed email addresses soon after joining eBay in 2016 so all those email "receipts" continued to that dead address. But I hate those emails anyway.

Attached: 2c8e1cd3e410480d3cd6c3ca03dba3be7814d7e26739e4d24d47b8ed03d35ef1.png (512x512, 223K)

why the fuck did 4chanX break without me doing shit. i cant stand this shitty site without it. i already tried reinstalling

Are you sure the diagnostic speaker works? Remove everything i.e. graphics card etc and leave just one ram stick as per manufacturer instructions i.e. which slot to have it in. Then your troubleshooting begins.

Had the same issue and it did end up being the motherboard. But hey. Could be anything. Could even be the power supply. Gotta troubleshoot things first.

can you get back into the old email? or try paypal transaction history

I was able to access the desktop site on the mobile browser and view the full history. But the information I was looking for is gone as you cannot click on an entry older than a few months it seems. I wanted to know the description of a listing I bought. It.doesn't matter.

The old email was Hushmail. I forgot to login for three months and was locked out. And I have to pay something like 50€ to get back in. So forget that. I moved to Tutanota! which I like.

It isnt 4chanx, it is hiro putting malware websites on Jow Forums.

mpv + smplayer skin

werks on my machine
try disabling all ad blocker extensions, Jow Forums x blocks them anyway

ccd0 4chanx completely stopped working this morning despite no updates. anyone else in the same boat?

>Jow Forums X 1.14.1.2
>FF 60.0.1

tried reinstalling the script, tried installing it in tampermonkey beta, no dice. no script is running.

Attached: 3c293f1852a557e4a2bda5d386c55af3.jpg (500x797, 290K)

whats the best non bloated bare bones music player?

Bumping my question from previous thread.

Attached: totallynotmalware.gif (740x354, 379K)

Can I use MultiBoot USB to add 2 linux ISOs and one Windows onto a FlashDrive and THEN make an ISO out of that flash drive so I can burn the triple ISO ISO into a DVD?

MPC

i hate to be that guy but.. why?
can't you boot off of the usb itself?

foobar2000

interesting question, user
i'm gonna try that

I have an old laptop with an AMD A6 CPU and Linux Mint installed. Is better to use the free drivers, or the proprietary ones are still better?

Attached: 580249b6746c3d65599eec435e08e332.jpg (1181x1500, 753K)

Because Ubuntu, Linux Mint and Windows XP can't fully fill a 4GB DVD on their own
Because Rufus takes like 3 hours to mount an ISO onto a flash drive
Because I'm not gonna waste 2+GBs of DVD space on one OS
Because fuck you, I feel like it
Because I want to know if I can

which is the most secure?

Attached: vpn.jpg (714x656, 41K)

ty

Attached: 1493261344869.gif (400x253, 1.98M)

What's the difference between Linux Mint 18 and Linux Mint Debian 2?
Which one is better?

Mint is shit

Attached: mint.png (660x734, 38K)

How close are we to having virtual reality girlfriends? Does the tech exist already?

LM 18 is based in Ubuntu LTS. LM Debian is a kind of plan B in case Ubuntu/Canonical disappeared for some reason.

What do you recomment that looks like Mint?