Multi Star International

Is MSI quite possibly the most scummy business thats popular in north america?

No joke i got four different laptops from them, all failed within a month. I know this guy who has the Apache Pro. That shit failed as well same crap as on mine, screen artifacts then wouldn't post.

They repeatedly failed to give an explanation as to what was happening giving me responses like "we don't know whats going on, are you sure you didn't OC" i dont oc especially not on a laptop.

Attached: MSI-G-Series-logo.jpg (840x846, 116K)

>Is MSI quite possibly the most scummy business thats popular in north america?
not even close
apple is

Micro* Star International

Aside from Apple, they're actually one of the few manufacturers that actually create the chassis in house.

really?
who creates xps13 chassis id like to get one

basically any taiwanese company

oh shit thanks user

I feel like laptops are just a crap shoot in general. You have to get into the 1k+ price range before you get quality. Never really had major issues with hardware manufacturers before except when seagate was producing those shitty barracudas.

i paid 2500 for the laptop

their mobos suck too.

Goddamn shitty vrm and components.
at leat the gpus are passable but dragon gaymen is shit for looks.

my current laptop is an msi gayman laptop, havent had issues yet. maybe you're just one unlucky fucker

I got two gtx 1080s from them and both had such a horrible coil whine at 100 fps I ended up getting a fuckin ZOTAC that's essentially silent when compared to those

Why do all these brands have to have such cringy gamer centric branding. What happened to just having nice clean product design.

What actually decides if a card has coil whine or not

Luck

Massive Shit International products like to burn down.

The quality of the Caps used
Or as the other guy said, luck

My MSI 1080 (EK water blocked) is dead quiet
It's been mining ETH for like a year and it's still fine.

it began when teenagers from 13 to 15 began to realize that they wanted computers instead of consoles so the gaming themes came with the ps3 and xbox 360 to appeal to them. same with rgb its all just because it looks "cool" like having shoes that light up when you run.

I've had a few of their GPUs and motherboard no problems.

ordering single components seems to be fine but laptops from msi are all shit

My refurbished MSI GX70 still going strong after 5 years. Maybe you just suck at taking care of your things.

4 dead laptops in a row from a reputable brand with default 2 year replacement warranty is user error.

My mobo is MSI and it's pretty guud boi

My MSI GS63 laptop runs VR for Oculus or Vive seamlessly without ever having to overclock it, and has for two years and never experienced an issue. I've spilled water on it and some roastie spilled sugary alcohol onto it, all I had to do was clean the keys and it's still pristine. It's a fuckin beast, considering that I travel too frequently to buy a desktop quite yet.

EK is shit