Will Linux ever get momentum with normies?

Will Linux ever get momentum with normies?

Attached: file.png (450x193, 18K)

Chromebooks

Let's hope it won't.

I want nothing more than for Linux to go mainstream just so I can watch as you people slowly get eroded into botnet.

Why tho?

Hopefully not. Normies don't contribute to Linux.

it is, already. see win 7 wincucks

Linux is the name of the kernel that Linus Torvalds developed starting in 1991. The operating system in which Linux is used is basically GNU with Linux added. To call the whole system “Linux” is both unfair and confusing. Please call the complete system GNU/Linux, both to give the GNU Project credit and to distinguish the whole system from the kernel alone.

>linux and chrome os separated

Actually, Richard...

What do you mean?

Which Linux distro do you use, user?

I just call it commie Unix.

Will momentum ever get normies with Linux?

this

Are you talking about Ubuntu?

yeah and bsd and fagOS should be combined too right?

Normalfags strongly tend to use whatever OS comes with their smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Specifically, they typically use it to access their browser (usually Google Chrome) so they can get on their favorite social networks.

>That 24 year old boomer who thinks you need to launch a browser to access social media

such as Jow Forums

*Alpine Linux blocks your path*

how else would you do it summerfag?

no. too fragmented and normies will never use an os that requires you to use a terminal.

Dedicated Application, dumb boomer.

>requires you to use a terminal
its not 1999 anymore gramps theres something called a G-U-I ever heard it? pretty neat stuff

if anything it will be some distro tailed specifically to normfag needs like ubuntu.
they'll never install gentoo.
gentoo is normfag-secure.

And it's antithetical to how Unix (thus it's clone aka commie unix) works.

um, sweetheart you must be over 18 to use this site honey
also just a little fact for your premature brain boomers are not 24 they are 74 ya fuckin idiot

>antithetical
Sorry I didn't realize this was a SPOOK thread.

just a friendly reminder the current year is 2000 + 18 grammy

>being this much of a newfag
JEsus Christ its almost been a full month.

Attached: nou.png (583x550, 538K)

unpaid neckebards don't care about good UX

Oh, that explains why the commie Unix user is the dumbest person in the meeting room. They can just click and drool around Unix now.

>Will Linux ever get momentum with normies?
no and thats the way it should be.
is linear algebra ever going to catch on with the normies? number theory? data structures? no. and thats the way it should be. most people are just not smart enough to figure some things out.

>24 year old boomer
i do not think boomer means what you think it means

>He thinks linux requires any sort of education whatsoever
It's literally choose a distro, google search a quick tutorial, and use it to load your web browser. thats it.

I'll just move to FreeBSD.

I caught another one.

Attached: reddit.png (310x310, 25K)

>being this new
goddamn

Attached: 1486753495240.jpg (512x512, 12K)

i never said that nor even implied it.
I implied that most people will not take the time to learn anything *nix, and quite honestly id rather keep it that way because id like to keep the number of linux ricing threads on Jow Forums down to a minimum

>being this butthurt
unix is horrible and u kno it gramps
this is your last (You) by the way

boomer spotted

Attached: retarded1.png (219x131, 7K)

>le brainlet maymay

Attached: 1523994052330.png (800x800, 84K)

>being this out of touch
Go back to
>Jow Forums
>Reddit
Your choice.

what the fuck are you talking about, that was a brainlet wojak

Attached: head up ass.png (645x729, 42K)

pol is where the boomer thing started I thought? it's where i first heard it anyway

it seemed to have started with all the Q shit a while back on pol

I said brainlet. You don't know the rest of what I said means? Fuck me this must be your first day on this site.

Attached: debe7cc6683f.jpg (645x729, 56K)

>t. 18 year old boomer that has never used Unix.

Attached: dumb jew.jpg (545x478, 40K)

Well he doesn't understand the most basic may mays so he's most definitely from Resetera or Reddit.

Reminder people like this exist

Attached: 1527323659766.png (944x4013, 662K)

>reddit file name

Attached: 1522192439102.png (1300x2000, 307K)

top kek

Android=Linux=normie

Linux has shit battery life, also most laptops come with Windows 10, which you can ironically install the major Linux distros in with their store in just a few clicks. and get all the GNU programs you need with actual drivers and more than three hours of battery life.

Using Linux under Windows 10 is actually easier than just using Linux with a Windows VM.

Attached: retarded people.png (1066x600, 217K)

what the hell is "unknown"?

seeing as how it's titled "operating system browsing statistics" I would wager that the unknown section are hits which have the user-agent string either empty or containing information that does not identify the OS, such as how wget uses a user-agent string of ‘Wget/version’

>FreeBSD
Take that CoC down your throat and don't you dare complain, white boy.

Attached: image.png (500x498, 58K)

Attached: 1526339948979.jpg (500x500, 38K)

Something something autism

No it's just Linux. Gnu doesn't get to take credit for Linux just because they wrote a few shitty tools.

But linux is shitty and obsolete at birth.

Year of Unknown desktop when

Shitty yes, but not completely worthless like anything GNU. GNU/Hurd just recently got SOUND and its been 26 years. Fucking garbage. Stop praising hippies.

>Stop praising hippies.
Never gave them praise. Linux is still a shadow of an OS compared to 2005 era Solaris.

>what is android

Ah yes, the "literally what" OS that nobody not even the industry cares about. Name one thing you can do on Solaris that you can't on ANY Linux distro or server.

SMF
ZFS
Zones are all better developed technologies that existed in Solaris in 2005 and are still shitty in Linux today. Linux has brought no innovation to the engineering of OS's. It was a political movement (Free software) plain and simple.

Unlike Solaris, Linux is a non-bloated platform that has unquestioned prevalence in servers because of its stability and customization. It can easily be changed to fit a specific industries need. Take your Windows wannabe elsewhere.

>Linux is a non-bloated
Linux is just a kernel.

So what does Linux with GNU offer today that solaris already didn't do better in 2005?

>So what does Linux with GNU offer today that solaris already didn't do better in 2005?
ricing

Alpine Linux is proof that Linux isn't exclusive to GNU you braindead toddler.

Ricing and Industry Respect.

>shilling your dead project this hard
More like hasn't been RELEVANT since 2005 lol

>Alpine Linux
Still can't do shit 2005 era Solaris can do.
Other than stifle innovation.

Alpine is irrelevant, since nobody wants to call non-GNU systems GNU. What is wrong with you.

alpine linux is pretty sweet actually.
Nearly our entire cloud domain runs alpine for just about everything, an entire install is just a few hundred mb and it only comes with the drivers and software needed, then you install the specific packages needed for production

Yeah, containers existed before linux, faggot.

>underage cancer that thinks you have to download an app for every website you use
Ever wondered what someone raised on a tablet glued to their thinks like? This is it.

Did you ever use alpine?

yes, i just said nearly everything we virtualize is alpine

>Yeah, containers existed before linux, faggot.
unless if your talking about chroot, no, they did not

Literally Nobody Uses Solaris
How many home computers run it? How many office complexes? How many state of the art petabite servers? None nigger

So you've installed GNU?

I'm talking about containerization in OS's.
Zones were containerization and existed in 2005.

What if you want to use sed on Alpine?

>GNU SED
$ echo axxx bxx cx | sed 's/\b[a-z]//g'
xxx xx x

>BuggyBox SED
$ echo axxx bxx cx | sed 's/\b[a-z]//g'
axxx x cx

>Literally Nobody Uses Solaris
Linux babby confuses marketshare with engineering. Damn, when did the Unix user become the dumbest person in the room? Oh yeah, when they run commie Unix.

Oh so nobody? Thanks

because more doesn't mean better

Linux is a kernel.
Unix was a proprietary system in the 70s.

>Linux is a kernel.
And an obsolete one at that, no innovation since the proprietary software of the 70's.

>So you've installed GNU?
I have install gnu software, yes

What's the difference between GNU and linux when Linux uses GNU licensing? I thought any software licensed as GNU was GNU software.

This. Linus KNEW monolithic design was deprecated in the 90s, yet he started writing Linux.
Meanwhile all other systems are microkernel based or hybrid, even fucking NT and HURD (lol).

*le shrek cringe snap*

I'm sorry you don't value privacy, Microshills.

android and chrome os is linux too

GNU is a operating system developted by the GNU Project. If you write a program for the GNU system, it becomes part of GNU (like GNU wget), but when you just license you program under the GPL, it isn't part of the GNU system, just like your program isn't part of BSD when you use a BSD license.