What's your opinion about KDE Plasma? Has it become the best DE available for Linux?

What's your opinion about KDE Plasma? Has it become the best DE available for Linux?

Attached: kde-neon_290611_full.jpg (1280x800, 94K)

>KDE
fuck off faggot

Attached: A FUCKING FOOT.png (710x828, 11K)

>t. Gnome user

Attached: 1527488453436.jpg (802x842, 87K)

I like it because it has all the features I want, it's reasonably lightweight and the defaults are quite usable, so I don't have to customize it too much

I'd post a longer reply but KDE crashed

>be me, ba in information science
>last week
>group presentation
>connect my laptop with plasma to the projector to host the slides presentation
>realize laptop has shut down due to low battery
>start computer
>i have disabled default ubuntu splash and replaced it with text because purple doesn't fit plasma
>computer boots
>hear "wow" somewhere far back in the lecture hall
>login and do presentation

i was later asked how i managed to install "apple" on an ideapad. Guess im a computer wiz now

Been using it for a few weeks with Kubuntu 18.04. I like it a lot.

It's easily the most fully featured DE, it's pretty stable in recent versions, it's not dependent on GTK fuckery yet integrates GTK applications well and it's the only DE I can think of that makes their own themes that actually look nice.
So yeah, I'd say it's the best.

Plasma is quite nice because it is not resource heavy at all (runs nice even on a shitty laptop with a single core celeron and 2GB of RAM) and absurdly customizable. The only instances of instability or crashing has been whenever making some sort of change to the D.E--this is rare but the D.E. may crash even the window manager or shell if you do some sort of interaction with the D.E. under extreme load (I had kwin crash on me when I changed to another virtual desktop under extreme load). I'd recommend it because the times instability rears its head isn't too often--I'd assume--for a desktop user.

Too many settings. Needs a retardproof mode for newfags and grannies.

If you go with a DE, KDE is the best and the most sane choice. Xfce comes as a good second but I like Qt more than GTK. In addition, KDE even has more features than Xfce and it has a low memory consumption, too.

Somehow it has.
I wish it wasn't so bugged on Wayland, though. On AMD, X11 is noticably laggier than Wayland, especially when scrolling.

3windows5me and I'm not a fan of the design. How's hidpi and wayland support nowadays?

hidpi is Good. Better than gtkbased on Nvidia on my 4k display.
Wayland on ayymd is fine but on Nvidia do not bother cause this fuckery with EGLStreams its not working at all. But its Wayland related problem on NVidias

became my favorite after unity died. i like it.

It's OK, been using Gnome 3 on Feodra since 20, and I thinks its improved a lot. I'm testing KDE on my laptop and it's fine, but I still think I like gnome because I know how to change to my liking.

Attached: 1526836456655.gif (575x420, 507K)

DUH no shit.

Nothing beats KDE and i3.

they really need to solve the Nvidia issues

KDE is a fucking mess of a project by autistic krauts that think adding new features is a substitute for improving existing ones. It may not be GNOME Shell, but being better than the eternal spic's Javascript abomination is not an achievement.

yes

Attached: 85f07b8b53c9fdd6c03fffed980c955948a4e0831447db8a7047dd9d00aeb56f.png (538x588, 165K)

This image is so funny because the camera doesn't even have a flash on it in the first place.

Attached: 10934823491.png (354x459, 274K)

GNOME is way better

No, Nvidia needs to solve their issues.

In what possible way is GNOME better?

I don't have any issues with nvidia and KDE.

I didn’t like how jank the bars were including the menu applet, or whatever they call it.

There are settings all over, but not settings that were useful to me. It required a ton of tweaking to use screen space efficiently and to look good.

>inb4 reddit spacing
Nah I just format paragraphs