Program doesn't have an installer and instead is just distributed as an archive and expects me to keep it organized

>program doesn't have an installer and instead is just distributed as an archive and expects me to keep it organized

Attached: 1524695576803.png (612x491, 106K)

>imagine being this retarded

Attached: 1527345684623.jpg (1510x2002, 235K)

I've come to the conclusion that program distribution on windows is fundamentally broken :)

Attached: 51c.png (658x545, 176K)

I fucking hate installers. I wish everything was just an .exe

just unpack to C:/PortablePrograms/ senpai

I don’t have this folder

I don't see a problem. It'll just be automatically created.

On Linex is a complete shitshow. Dependencies to solve, walled-garden "repositories", etc. I think the Windows model is far better and more open.

So like in MacOS?

Attached: 1513149374386.jpg (220x234, 18K)

WRONG.
Use something like Manjaro and its super ez. The package manager takes care of all dependencies, you can still install from .tar.xz and the AUR is neat. Plus you save space by not having multiple copies of the same dependency. Also packages are compressed and verified.

Unironically my linux experience so far

I think you're right but windoz still could be improved on

>>program doesn't have an installer and instead is just distributed as an archive and expects me to keep it organized
Those are my favorite programs, easy to install, easy to uninstall. Can have many different versions, can copy it on any machine. They can work without fiddling with my OS.

it's just a glorified directory, nothing more, the executable is inside it

Would anyone be able to provide sources to learn how to create an installer?

>expects me to keep it organized
What exactly do you need to keep organized with them?

There's various programs for this like installshield, nsis, innosetup, and wix that you've probably seen

Organising installs in loonix.
Copy build folder in some dir... I prefer /opt/
Make ln in /usr/bin/
See the dependancies and check if you are ok.... Usually it's apt install lib1 pib2 lib3.

Other programs but maybe I'm just autism

Attached: autism.png (929x600, 75K)

>installshield
>go to site
>see pic related banner

Attached: hito1.gif (561x168, 12K)

>walled garden repositories
>this is what some people believe

Attached: lain upset.gif (540x360, 1.79M)

>Dependencies to solve
Let me guess, a few years ago you had one error installing something and so Linux sucks forever.
>walled-garden "repositories"
I am really going to need an explanation. You can host your own repo if you want.

>keep shilling gnu/linux distribution which requires you to compile everything from source in 2018
>imagine shilling the same distro while saying you can make your own changes as you wish in source code and compile them right away while you never made anything more difficult than regular person who installs shitty arch
>imagine being in denial when slackware has more relevancy than your memedistro

Attached: 1527617359440.jpg (638x558, 63K)

this
/thread