Bringing a gaming laptop to college

>bringing a gaming laptop to college

Attached: 1522009690011.png (500x500, 33K)

>owning a gaming laptop

>buying a laptop for games

Attached: 1520836794294.gif (250x385, 530K)

>being autistic enough to pay attention to /v/ equipment that performs excellently in a Jow Forums environment
this is why none of you have friends lmao

not buying elitebook for college hello world baby prohramming
lmaoing @ your life

>playing games at all

It's time to grow up.

>he doesn't bring his mx blues to class

Friends are for losers.

>caring about other people's laptops

>going to college

Attached: 1491384374864.jpg (558x529, 161K)

>gayming even once
miss me with that retard shit

>want to buy a laptop with a decent gpu for 3D modeling
>theres nothing cheap but "gaming laptops", next step is "muh workstation" with shitty specs and worth $3000
no thanks, I don't feel like paying twice as much to feel more professional

These quads don't lie.

>Bringing a laptop to computer science class
>Implying you'll actually take good notes on it
>Implying you won't just get bored and dick around on some other website and fail the class
I'm so glad our college has super strict pass/fail requirements to weed out people who don't take notes.

>take notes
>implying you dont have everything in the slides
I could understand it if it was medicine or something, but in CS? Only thing I wrote in my notebook were exercises and some minor clarifications

>not using a macbook in college

Lol taking notes

>At least 50% of the class fails because they didn't take note on what an inorder successor was
>Coding demo which determines if you pass or fail the class has programming tasks about inorder successors
You could probably get away with not doing shit in a community college, but not at a good uni.

Attached: SHENZHEN IO.png (1021x652, 930K)

>August 2009
>Take all the money I made from my various part-time jobs that summer and splurge for a fully loaded Thinkpad T500
>"I can game AND have a professional laptop with good battery life~"
>T9600 processor, dedicated ATI graphics chip, 4GB RAM, 7200 RPM hard drive
>This all cost me $1,900
>3 years later
>Struggles to play the latest games even on low graphics

I still use it as my main computer, so at least it's lasted a long time, but god damn I did not need to blow my brains out like that. A $400 T60p and a $600 desktop would have gone much farther.

How else will I take notes on a mechanical keyboard?

Attached: ces-2015-msi-gt80-titan-7879.0.jpg (1020x680, 87K)

Anyone who brings a laptop to class has no interest in learning

>traversals of a tree
lmao that was basic 1st year programming in my uni and its a public one (granted its not the US)

You'd be surprised, many people just couldn't traverse to the inorder successor during their programming demo.

>being a summerfag

>bring old thinkpad to college
>get dirty looks

Attached: 1527135244925.jpg (1612x2170, 668K)

>bringing a laptop to college
>owning a laptop
>not using the free labs at college
>owning a computer other than a smartphone in college
>not fully utilizing termux in the current year

b..bu...but I'm rendering.

>Using a terminal emulator on your phone to code

Attached: 1526823910889 copy.jpg (2048x1618, 379K)

>bring X1Yoga to college
>do the flip

>own 2011+7 gaming laptop
>use lubuntu

theres always one faggot in any of my computing classes that proudly brings an alienware laptop

>buy top of the line gaiming laptop
>bring it to lecture
>everyone think it looks cool
>theres some guy who looks pissed staring at me
>he begins to murmur something the rest of the lecture

as if people who buy those use it in a Jow Forums environment

>super strict pass/fail
lmao

I know people, well someone, who does reverse engineering of Windows executables and programs full-scale C applications on his phone. Autism is crazy.

>that guy who brings a ThinkPad that isn't an X Series to college.

Attached: 1521033387031.jpg (648x648, 71K)

This thread... fuck me Jesus.
>bought a "gayming" laptop a week ago
>acer nitro 5 51
>700 burgers
>use it for college
>use it for 3d work
>fully utilise the hardware it has
>only have 1 game (doom)
I bought this thing because I need a portable device that can replace my pc. Third worlder so I don't have money for a pc and a laptop. All I had before was an 8 year old peace of shit of a pc. Make fun of gayming laptops all you want, they are fucking amaizing

>bringing a non gaming laptop to college

Attached: 1522745881231.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

Damn, even he fell for the sóy meme

>10. No spamming or flooding of any kind. No intentionally evading spam or post filters.
Enjoy the summer holidays.

user, please, you do remember everything the professor said word by word as a normal person, correct? Also, you are right in the fact that a lot of people fail classes in more strict unis, because they don't pay attention. I never wrote anything because I do have a good memory and my grandparents taught me mnemonic techniques, but I know plenty of people who also just pay attention and at most they write clarifications or shit the professor say that they want to look out later. Granted, it's not USA.

Correct
This I understand, using a gaming laptop for 3d work or simulation, for a portable device. What I don't like about gaming laptops is design, not specs.

Not the guy you replied to, but agreed about memory. I don't take notes on most things because it makes me lose focus, I do much better actively paying attention and memorizing

>What I don't like about gaming laptops is design, not specs.
Me to a T. I'm so happy my Clevo/Sager just looks like a thicc black slab with odd, but not gaymey, vents at the back. I paid a buck extra to have it unbranded. Or was it a buck less, whatever. Fuck that rainbow key shit.

I'm starting to really really miss that IBM beige/grey plastic.

Masters student here. I do this quite a lot. It's mostly scripting when I'm not at my office desk anyway so isn't too much hassle. Far better than lugging around a redundant laptop all the time.

>installing deprecated meme - G*ntoo

Attached: 1519524946588.png (812x760, 112K)

>2018
>taking notes
>ever
Voice recorder app is a thing, grandpa.

Attached: image.jpg (206x224, 6K)

>he uses cherryshit keys
>not bringing your THICK CLICKS NAVY to class
>not bringing your BUCKLING SPRINGS to class

>this gif

Attached: 1482574053190.jpg (267x323, 7K)

yea most gayming laptops look retarded and edgy but nothing a some tape and teal spray paint cant fix

Same. It's not as crazy as it sounds. I abandoned laptops two years ago when I discovered how many tools I had avaliable in android/lineage. Gets the light stuff done handily and has condensed my Everyday Carry down to just the phone and a power pack for long days.

>buying a laptop that is priced higher than a gaymen laptop but cannot perform as well
Autism. Why the fuck should I care if it's for gayming or not? I can do with with what I can do with other autistic laptops and game as well from time to time

>t.that autist that uses his ipad mini with bluetooth keyboard.

What phone can I do this with? I have a heavy ass laptop I'd rather leave in my apartment than take to campus on my 20 min bike commute. Current phone is a piece of shit iPhone4 but I'm upgrading really soon.

>iPad
>android/lineage

>not knowing all desktop replacements are marketed as gaming laptops.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm using a Note 8.

>t. brainlet who could never beat world 1-1

>battery life 30 minutes
>performs excellently

Attached: thinking.png (309x384, 133K)

>buying an overpriced thin and light laptop with shit specs
kek

Currently using a Blackberry KeyOne. I prefer the physical keybaord.

Note4 with Lineage. Probably upgrading to the Pixel XL whenever the new one drops.

Attached: 1495659362619.jpg (421x421, 62K)

Any guides on getting a toolchain going on the phones? I know about termux. Is that all there is to it?

>take out laptop to take notes
>legs lose circulation

Attached: Capture-5.png (231x423, 60K)

>5 hours later
Mods workin hard huh

How else should one get the performance of a desktop that's also portable? Battery technology has pretty much reached what is thermodynamically possible while still maintaining a certain standard of safety for users. The only things a gaming laptop really adds are a dedicated GPU and the fans to cool it and the fans up most of that power. It's not ideal but again, what would you propose instead for someone looking for a portable desktop?

A thinkpad

I didn't know Thinkpads had dedicated GPUs. Are they using nVidia's mobile MX lineup or their desktop releases in them?

>Taking notes with a laptop
I don't get why people do this? I feel like writing it down helps me understand and retain more. Especially with algorithms.

Attached: c2f.png (667x670, 648K)

>op6
>8gigs of ram
>128gb ssd
>fhd display
>modern octocore processor
More power than you can get on an old chinkpad.

>dedicated GPUs
Why?
inb4 I'm pretending to be an architect

>((algoyrithms))

This. Handwritten notes on paper or I can't recall shit.
>phone
>ring bound notebook
>textbooks
>good engineering paper + pencil + eraser
The proper stack for serious students.

Haha look he added the jew brackets

I'd imagine they have Quadros instead. I havent seen many non-gaymen laptops using GeForce.

Attached: 6asxvtrqv0y01.png (1080x1052, 1.29M)

To create and animate 3D models?
Do you really think there's no use for a dedicated GPU outside of gaming? What if somebody develops games? Do laptops with dGPUs all of a sudden have value then?

>bringing anything but a 60gb single core into a public space with niggers in it

>bringing a garbagepad to college

Attached: Mercúrio 2.gif (316x316, 3.18M)

>not carrying around a ups

Attached: cp_footerad_pos4_53017.jpg (275x131, 13K)

But it's so thin, so wow. Think how big your microdick is in comparison.

Why would you need to bring a workstation to the class? Do compute-heavy stuff on a desktop, use a low-powered laptop at college, it'll be better both for your back and your wallet.