Son, you're so good with computers, why don't you just get a job in them?

>Son, you're so good with computers, why don't you just get a job in them?

Attached: 1488580225181.jpg (695x982, 659K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LEgxS_vzQjU
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5209121/Sydney-lollipop-lady-earns-shocking-130-000-year.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not
And thank you for ruining my life btw

>gets job in computers
>kills self
THANKS MOM

But I did.

>thx dad i always wanted to be tech support for you

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-05-28-00h23m59s707.png (1280x720, 931K)

Yeah, why don't you?

Because I am a useless piece of shit.
Sorry mom.

I want to lewd Kanna

I don't have the 10 years of experience required

>apply to companies
>schedule interviews
>pass none of them

Attached: 1462562342141.jpg (500x472, 15K)

Relevant viewing content
youtube.com/watch?v=LEgxS_vzQjU

>it's daughter now asshole and it's because I'm too busy routing the new sonic game

It's because I hate people and working.

You can literally work with plain HTML plus CSS with less than a year of experience required

My nigger

>vlcsnap

Attached: 1524915194917.jpg (500x341, 105K)

My dad had a slightly different phrasing
>Son, you better get into computers because you're too fucking lazy for anything else.

When they ask for experience in junior post, the requirement can be safely ignored as it's sole purpose is to filter faggots like you and OP who don't understand how the society works.

>tfw almost everyone in your family is a fuckup so nobody judges you and acts like you made it in life because you dont do meth.

Attached: Cp4DaF_UkAAroig.jpg (1024x999, 81K)

> so nephew, how are those girls chasing you? When you will introdice one of your girlfriends to the family?

I know that feeling, user.
I don't know if I'm actually doing well in life or if the constant "Wooow, user got a job in X! That's very impressive!" from my family finally got me.

So why don't you?

You lucky piece of shit.
>tfw most people in your family never did anything extraordinary but in your extended family there are accomplished people for some reason everyone expects you to succeed but it's getting hard to maintain the illusion of gud boi

You can literally get a "decent" income (twice minimum wage) in here by formating PCs and selling flashdrives with pirate software and music.

Just hang a sign outside of your (parents) home and take your mom's friends as clients.

If you really want to get serious, you can buy and sell stolen/old phones from your middle school dropout friends.

your dad strikes me as the kind of person who thinks working with computers isn't "real work"

You becoming an adult when you start living for yourself instead of the approval of others.

There's a ton of boomers who think that anything that doesn't fuck up your back by 40 isn't "real work"

>be in high school
>spend all time on computers, programming and shit
>blow off school stuff
>15 years later
>have over a decade's worth of various technical skills from personal projects and self learning
>no degrees or other official academic acknowledgements, even proof of having taken GED because fucked off so badly in school
>wouldn't have nearly as much (if any) practical experience if focused on school instead

Attached: 1381317009606.jpg (252x248, 16K)

I'm in college for that

None of the electricians I know can explain what is an electron

Attached: I'll_fookin_rek_u_m8.gif (540x540, 1.13M)

I just did.

checked

Fun should not be mixed with work.
That's why work in a factory.

Attached: i-had-fun-once.jpg (500x606, 106K)

what was living in the ussr like?

i want to fug kanna

I don't know because i live in a 1st world country.

Attached: pripara_USB.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

>>routing the new sonic game

What did xie mean by xis?

damn I wish I was you
I'm too much of a slob to do self-learning so all I have left is studying trades or careers
they actually don't have a reason to

>don't understand how the society works.
yeah the whole process is full of shit tests like these and i have no chance of making through it even if i am skilled because i will not understand them
same way when people talk to me they aren't convinced that i can do stuff until i actually get on the computer then they're like wow because i didn't speak the same way their favourite advertisement does

>be me
>use computers a lot
>spanish immigrant family thinks I'm a computer genius
>"you should get a job in computers "
>college rolls around, been drinking the "I'm smart and also good with tech koolaid"
>as well as the "sci-fi" koolaid
>decided to study computers because I'm an uncreative soulless risk averse person
>realized I hate it
>I detest the industry
>I hate every field in it aside from the pure math aspects
>hate academia
>realize my real passion was language
>tfw I would have much rather just studied many languages/ applied linguistics and become a translator
>tfw graduate this year with a computer degree I hate
>I'm not even good at it or halfway competent because I hate it so much

Attached: 1526654585737.jpg (753x999, 160K)

>son, you're really good at computers. i mean you built your own computer and you're always on it. why don't you just get a job in computers?
fuck you dad

>aside from the pure math aspects
why the fuck wouldnt you switch to studying math when you realized that?

because I just wanted out of college and again, hate academia so the math degree wouldn't really do anything for me aside from make college more bearable. But if I did switch I'd have to stay longer

you could always go back for your masters, user

Don't worry
Computers are actually awesome
It's just colleges don't know what the fuck they are doing trying to teach it
Bunch of reject professors who don't know how to use a proper Java IDE
When you get out, it gets better
But you did waste 4 years in college
Sorry about that
I could have told you that before you went
But you wouldn't have listened
>it will be the best 4 years of my life!
that was a big fat lie, wasn't it?
now you know

>tfw I've been doing stocking the last 2 years as a stores bitch while waiting for that IT job in the sky and now have an awful lot of back problems
I-i just wanted a boring desk life

Attached: bored.gif (500x375, 393K)

How would that in anyway be worth it?
Computers suck. I had good professors

you would get back problems if you worked on a desk job too user

26 y/o
no job
no gf
no money

Which one's fastest to gaining dignity, basic web dev'ing or C# code monkey?

Attached: 1527392737098.jpg (633x758, 67K)

>only had one life
>could have done anything
>could have taken risks
>instead I did nothing

That's what you would say dad

>anime

"Because I'm not good at computers, I just play too much vidya"`

this, i'm good at computer, but shit at people
unfortunately, there's people in the way of computer.

>just werks™

Attached: 20180518155007_1.jpg (534x286, 130K)

>26 y/o
>no job
>no gf
>no money
Are you me?

Attached: wake me up.jpg (600x330, 21K)

What do you dislike about academia?

Web dev is lower barrier to entry

>"Sorry mom, companies don't need retarded NEETs who only know how to rice their desktop"

I studied accounting, which I hate.
While I love making websites in my spare time.

I'm planning to learn some more and make a career switch.

But I did, dad, I'm earning 3 times as much as you do.

>realize my real passion was language
>tfw I would have much rather just studied many languages/ applied linguistics and become a translator
I was just like you user. Now I'm doing a 180 and going into computers instead. If it makes you feel any better, computers will be replacing all of the translator/interpreter work by the time either of us would've found a job in it. Or worse, much later when we have no other skills to fall back on.

Attached: Screenshot_20170413-224633-01-01.jpg (528x293, 35K)

>still giving a shit about what your parents think

Attached: 1506274382001.jpg (240x162, 8K)

Well, disregarding the fact you're saying stuff like
>C# code monkey
while being unemployed at 26 makes you a genuine fucking retard, a general advice would be to start with C# if you want to get decent OOP knowledge rather quickly and with web stack if you want an easier time getting employed.
The latter will be a tad bit harder to start because you'll have to learn quite a few technologies.
However, usually, you find an employer first and then just learn whatever they need you to do.

>be me, 12-13ish
>geeky kid
>like computers and fucking around with breadboard circuits
>install Ubuntu on computer with dad's help
>start trying to teach myself JS and Perl
>keep files on a flash drive so I can fuck with them at school and at home
>computer lab teacher makes me stop
>mom makes me stop because she thinks I'm going to get a virus on the computer
>interest fades
>ffwd now, in the middle of meme degree
>"Hey mom, I've been thinking maybe I should study computer science instead."
>"You've never really shown any interest in that. Usually people who go into programming have been into it for a long time. I mean that's what your cousins do but they were interested in that since they were kids."
What the fuck. Shouldn't my mom want me to do something that has some actual potential for a future in it? It was the same shit when I had a girlfriend, and I'd have some type of idea for a career. I'd say something about it and she'd be all "Where did this come from? Since when did you want to do that? I don't think that will make you happy." Like motherfucker you know what else isn't going to make me happy? Working part time Starbucks shifts because I majored in social science meme shit without a solid plan. Fucking women I swear to God. Sorry for the blog post.

>CS
>future
Your mom did you a favor

I feel like such an idiot when trying to make sense of Windows 10.

>try to right click
>"Oh, user, you can't right-click here."
Fucking why?

Attached: getty-clive-sinclair-c5-alexandra-palace.jpg (1280x801, 216K)

What's wrong with doing snaps in VLC?

>I don't do something I like so you cannot too!!!

Join the Navy. If you do a 5 year sign on they'll teach you something for free. And literally no one will look down on you if you say you are a naval officer.

Attached: 1512775682702.gif (138x292, 55K)

There is no sense to be made of it. It is a creation of madness.

>Tfw know 5 neet weeaboos who did the exact same as a last resort
Sorry, but I can't help on look down at most people who've joined the army now. I imagine most other people who've joined did it as a last resort because they have no other skills. In a way, the people who do are almost as bad as those who abuse welfare. Because our taxes are paying for your education, but whatever. Better than having you ask for change on the streets.

>Waaaaaah boomers are bad they don't want us advancing
Maybe if your generation has achieved half of what they did, America would not have turned into SJWfest with whores and faggot E-cepebs on top.

The army grunts eat crayola crayons. The Navy is where people with a naturally high IQ and no skills can pick themselves up. Airforce is for those with high IQ and some skills to begin with. Generally, the order of most smart and prestigious to least is

1. Airforce
2. Navy
3. Marines
4. Army

I don't believe most people look down on sailors like they do for those in the army.

Nice try grandpa but I think we should euthanize you

>chairforce
>high iq
Thanks user I needed that laugh

It takes a lot of smarts to fly a jet.

I too wish for scurvy on a boat fighting modern day pirates while bunking with other men for long periods of time.

Are you me?

Smart people sit in chairs, dumb people get blown up by IEDs in some mud country.

>I play what is basically a videogame all day I must be smarter than someone who has to deal with real consequences to their actions

You need to know high level math to fly a plane.

I guess this is why construction workers make far less money than code monkeys.

From the thumbnail I thought her arms were fat tits sitting on the counter

Attached: 42ca57faa57dffe34af4c1d3156475cf.jpg (728x1032, 107K)

But they don't. A lollipop lady makes $400000 a year just from holding a stop sign outside construction sites.

Citation needed.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5209121/Sydney-lollipop-lady-earns-shocking-130-000-year.html

So it's not 400k, but still, it's better than what you get.

dude, most of the electricians don't even know a fuck about circuit analysis

Hi Sergeant

>chairforce is really hard guys
>Reee I'm a chairforce ranger

Nah mate, women suck dick.

Tell her her idea is dumb and that you don't want to get stuck with some shit degree because mister goldstien convinced her it was a good idea. Go for it.

It takes a lot of qualifications to become a pilot. They don't just let anyone operate a 100 million dollar bird. You need to know fuel equations, manuevors and thousands of procedures.

IT in professional enviroment is awful

i can vouch for this
you are literally a tech janitor and its not desk job at all

This

>ugh user you're so lazy how are you ever gonna get a job
>you got fired from the farmer's market?!
>now this job is complaining that you're incompetent and lazy. PLEASE work harder!
>user you're failing all your college courses! stop being so lazy!!
>you're going to end up living at home with us aren't you?!
>>become programmer, making bank, insanely successful, employers love me
>user you're my favorite child!!!!

hmmm

Ye I realised I hated the industry very early and studied Physics instead

>Implying you'd *actually* get to fly a jet. Good luck with that, user!

This