Are memefoxes any good or just placebo?

Are memefoxes any good or just placebo?

Attached: 1452388793511s.jpg (250x228, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moonchildproductions.info/goanna.shtml
midori-browser.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

insecure, outdated, slow pieces of trash.
want something different? use Beta or Nightly

100% placebo. I used to compile firefox from source optimized for my machine. Even that didn't yield a real speed increase of any sort.

Well, palemoon is using a completely different engine than firefox, sharing very little code with obe another at this point. Waterfox has become a meme, it used to have privacy in mind and removed the intrusive features of firefox, but doesn't abymore, just sits as a bullshit placebo now. IceCat is still best version, as it is following the old philosophy of waterfox without the placebo 64-bit garbage.

>waterfox
Redundant placebo trash. Firefox I'd now 64 bit and waterfox still relies on Google safelists etc.
>Firefox
Trash, but everything else manages to be worse making this the only real viable browser worth using.
>Cyberfox (?)
Literally don't even know what this is.
>Pale moon
Good for very old/weak hardware. If you don't fall into that category just use normal Firefox.

The second one is pcxfirefox

I was wondering what the best alternative to Firefox was since I've been having a couple of issues with FF recently.

Are the alternatives all shit, too?

It's just broken bullshit. What the waterfox or palemoon retards never mention are the rendering issues, video playback problems, add-on compatibility problems and other assorted crap. Then you download your memefox, notice the problems and fuck off back to vanilla immediately.
In that regard, chrome clones are actually better because they can't change the way the rendering engine works all that much, and mainly focus on adding features. But at the core it's still chrome, so it's a shitty browser anyway.

>Waterfox has become a meme, it used to have privacy in mind and removed the intrusive features of firefox, but doesn't abymore, just sits as a bullshit placebo now
This
Waterfox now includes Microsoft Bing Botnet

Use Firefox Nightly instead of deprecated outdated forks.

Can't you just spend 3 minutes changing the search engine to StartPage?

Really? I recently installed it and Ecosia was the default search engine.

>waterfox
>palemoon
Same bullshit, different stage of decay.

>other two on this pic
Literally what.

>icecat
Stallman'd Firefox, actually follows the development of normal Firefox. Acceptable if you're fine with ESR.

Icecat feels redundant. Sometimes you just need JS to actually do shit, but white listing a site on the pre-packaged JS blocker from the extension settings themselves don't always mean a site will work properly without out right disabling the addon. It was at that point I figured I'd just replace their JS blocker with noscript by which point I asked myself why I'm using Icecat over Firefox at all.

I mean what is Icecat but older Firefox with some pre-packaged extensions?

implying it takes 3 minutes

i'm liking basilisk, so uh...memelizard?
it has old firefox compatibility along with the new stuff

how do you unbotnet firefox? all the memeforks aren't really working that well for me, and waterfox is definitely placebo at this point like other anons have said.

Attached: pbs_twimg_com_media_DedLPoTUQAUQ.jpg (2891x4096, 829K)

uBlock origin, uMatrix, and (biggest thing) the GHacks user.js. You don't just get to install that and have it magically improve things, you get to go over every one of the hundreds of preferences in it and make sure they're something you want to do.

Yes, this is shit. It's just the least shit of any browser out there. Every organization has incentives to violate your privacy, you have to do the work and be vigilant or else you lose it.

find firefox json file edit. There is one in github and also you can find article on site ghacksdotnet about it.

Cyberfox is good. The ui is more customizable and comfy. Runs the fastest of any Firefox fork on my shitty celeron

who is this nurse bitch, anyways?
Seen her all over weeb twitter for a month

it agchoooaly takes abooot 57:383727 seconds

sorry for late reply
さなちゃんねる

>I mean what is Icecat but older Firefox
IceCat isn't older FF, it's ESR FF. It's not like the other forks, as it never uses outdated FF versions

>Well, palemoon is using a completely different engine than firefox, sharing very little code with obe another at this point.
This is untrue, Pale Meme is just obsolete FF with some "improvements".

But yeah, if you MUST use a fork, use IceCat and don't bother with anything else. Vanilla FF is still the best option though.

All of that crap is a meme.
None are able to be recognized by the average person.
Just use Chrome.

Paid Google shills are not welcome here.

Also literally everyone knows Firefox.

Only PaleMoon

Shill alert

> Pale Meme is just obsolete FF with some "improvements".
Pale Moon uses its own engine with relevant patches backported.

>Pale Moon uses its own engine
no it fucking doesnt

Waterfox is great. Don’t listen to the shills, tech illiterates, and shitposters ITT.

> What the waterfox or palemoon retards never mention are the rendering issues, video playback problems, add-on compatibility problems and other assorted crap.
Works on my machine.

moonchildproductions.info/goanna.shtml

Goanna is a fork, i.e. a rebranding of Gecko with "improvements". Exactly what I wrote.

Also, WF is shit.

> Goanna is a fork, i.e. a rebranding of Gecko with "improvements". Exactly what I wrote.
That’s grossly underselling the work that went into it. Goanna may be shit but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been significantly altered.
> Also, WF is shit.
Elaborate, because it werks for me.

Didn't cyberfox cease development?
I really liked how much I was able to trim off of the firefox ui with it.

Yes

just before 3.6.28 EOL'd there was some work done to port it to qt4
I wonder if it would still be possible or worthwhile to continue that work, porting to qt5, and hack together webextension support (at least enough to get ublock+greasemonkey working) and stripping out xul and whatever else you can to keep it small.
it seems that as a small codebase it would be more maintainable than modern FF even if it's ancient.

am I retarded? i distrust relying on chromium webengine for qupzilla and need those two addons.

I don't know what you talking bout, waterfox is comfy.

Try them, then choose for yourself what's best for you. Everyone says something different, you can't rely on that.
I have waterfox and also ESR installed. Waterfox is a bit faster than ESR. In startup time and also page loading. But the maschine is shit no matter what. Don't have speed problems on other computers. And they all have the same two addons installed. Which are ublock origin and umatix.

I've tried em all, they're Firefox ESR-tier slow pieces of trash memory whores, autistic mouthbreathers just use them to satisfy their muh privacy placebo.

Use Chromium, or if you're a virgin, use Firefox Quantum.

>chromium
>not placebo

Get Midori

midori-browser.org/

I have IceCat running on a VM. It's still compatible with MozREPL and perl's WWW::Mechanize::Firefox library. Using it to scrape a bunch of shit from the web in an unmonitored environment. As for a daily driver, I can't fully endorse IceCat because it feels way too sluggish, even compared to current SJWFox on Windows.

Yes it werkz because it's Firefox 56 with some privacy tweaks but I can assure you that you will have the exact same experience with vanilla Firefox 56.

Waterfox always had Ecosia as its default search engine, and you may take your time to take a look at their privacy policy.

What significant changes?