Okay Jow Forums so riddle me this, if

Okay Jow Forums so riddle me this, if
>all browsers are shit
>all websites are bloated
>all software is inefficient
Then where the fuck are the actual good programmers? What are they working on?

Attached: 1 bZaINjEIwP2Qhcf9JGImuQ.jpg (1280x1244, 176K)

compilers trying to make that shit code run faster

Hopefully some sort of doomsday device.

Who need good programmers if hardwares are getting better?

You're the reason this thread exists.

Kill yourself Pajeet

Gentoo.

Roko's Basilisk

Good programmers don't do webdev because it's a waste of CPU cycles.

Most of them are good, but their companies give them unreachable deadlines.

>believe in anything Jow Forums said

Attached: what.gif (230x230, 1.54M)

Good programers are forced to make shit browsers/web/bloat because they are paid money by companies forced to create shit browsers/web/bloat because they are forced by idiot consumers who were braonwashed by (((them))).

Attached: drstrangelove.jpg (733x877, 480K)

They have jobs and they are too busy trying to get by, or distracted by stupid shit to do good software.

Welcome to the Internet 2.0 (or is it 3.0? I don't care), where a working formula is literally copied and pasted everywhere every-times over. We had this shit with Bootstrap, now we have it with Google, and I have no doubt the next flavour of the month is just right around the corner.

I dabble in web development from time to time and I much prefer building from scratch, not unlike today's web devs who use framework X, Y, and Z to do everything while they sit on their lazy asses abstracting out their responsibilities. They're around for the pay cheque, but nowhere to be seen when their precious framework and APIs fuck up and they haven’t got a single bit of recourse because they didn’t code the shit themselves.

This is why the internet sucks. Laziness has most developers copying each other, which has most websites using the same shit. Originality? Pfft, not in our Web 2.0!

Senior positions spending 90% of their time in meetings.

I consider myself to be a decent programmer, I would love to write really good software. However I am required to only spend so much time on a single task, so I have to cut corners.

Contrary to popular belief, hardware is not, in fact, getting better.

Oh no, you're wrong. It definitely is. However, consumer hardware isn't. The good shit is developed and owned by companies. Once it becomes outdated, they wipe it, mark it down, and sell it to the plebumers.

This past year it got significantly worse, ditching the illusory speculative execution gains.

>Then where the fuck are the actual good programmers? What are they working on?
They are writing programs for companies who hire based on merit not gender/religion/skin color.
Not koding websites/apps for sexist/racist companies.

Speaking of shitty browsers, anyone's appchanx broken recently?

I've seen this all too often. Assuming your not overvaluing yourself, the fault lies with your superior(s). Better software is easier to maintain.

video games