Amazon to block Australian shoppers from its US website

REEEEEEE
abc.net.au/news/2018-05-31/amazon-to-block-us-site-in-australia/9820224

Attached: 9490084-3x2-large.jpg (700x467, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/finance/business/retail/we-regret-any-inconvenience-this-may-cause-amazon-to-stop-shipping-to-australia-from-july-1/news-story/0842f955c18b0f84c3cee7046f63b894
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Amazon Australia has shit tier offerings that arn't much better than what we have here. They milking our anuses and telling us we can't shop from USA no more

give us ya loitah cunt

The reason is that Australians have higher wages and purchasing power, so they want to charge higher prices for us (just look at the prices in Steam).

Fucking Microsoft is charging $100 for sea of Thieves.

the ironing

I honestly don't understand why Aussies don't mass emigrate to cheaper places like the US.

Too many people, I like living in a low populated country surrounded by sea.

Don't, we're fucking full

For low skill workers like mexifags, yea. But for aussies, they are high skill, civilized, and a kinder folk.

Plus, you need to be a high demand worker to emigrate legally.

I work on the team that handles international store arcs and rolling out the store to Australia was a fucking nightmare. AMA

because AUS is overall a better place to live

When will we get better shit and prime? Howuch money are you losing on the Australian store?

why?

because shipping anything to australia is 10 levels of fucked

So just use a VPN?

Have you ever actually met an Aussie before? Their women have a stick up their assessment and their accents are fucking annoying. The men are bro tier despite this. Not sure how "high skill" they are though

Why don't Americans mass emigrate to a cheaper place like Mexico?

>use a vpn
>still have to ship to an australian address
>amazon cancels your order
wut

Nothing will ship to Australia

Trump is building a wall to keep everybody inside, why do you think he's bff with kimberly jong un now?

and don't froget the US fire'wall', powered by green solar energy

Do you honestly think this is some capitalist plot to keep commies from spending money? It's your fucking government taking their cut.

AUS/UK have the best accents

Better shit is always in the pipeline, it just takes time. Previously Aussies could just order on .com and ship to Australia by paying the exorbitant shipping fees. Now we built a localized experience that basically makes a walled garden of stuff from .com and lets you buy it on .au. It's specifically designed and set up with all the accounting done in Australia as to avoid the ridiculous tax burden otherwise. I can't say exactly how much money we were losing but had we not pivoted to the new model most likely millions per month.

What said, Australia is in the middle of the ocean far away from everything people want to buy. Things cost money my dude

TREASURER Scott Morrison says he “doesn’t apologise” for the government’s decision to push ahead with controversial online GST changes despite Amazon cutting off access to its overseas sites as a result.

The e-commerce giant announced on Thursday it would stop shipping overseas purchases to Australia from July 1 in response to the new laws, which require overseas businesses to register with the Australian Taxation Office to collect GST on all goods sold, including purchases under the current low-value threshold of $1000.

“This new law levels the playing field for Australian businesses, by forcing foreign businesses to pay GST,” Mr Morrison said in a statement. “The government doesn’t apologise for ensuring multinationals pay a fair amount of tax here in Australia. That tax revenue is used to fund essential services.

“A number of other countries are taking a similar approach and adopting a vendor collection model to collect GST from low value imported goods.

“Amazon will continue to operate in Australia via its Australian site, which will now offer an expanded range of products. A level playing field will help Australian businesses grow and create more jobs and opportunities.”

In an email to customers, Amazon said “while we regret any inconvenience this may cause”, it would redirect Australian customers from its international sites to Amazon.com.au, “where you can shop for products sold by Amazon US on the new Amazon Global Store, available today”.

news.com.au/finance/business/retail/we-regret-any-inconvenience-this-may-cause-amazon-to-stop-shipping-to-australia-from-july-1/news-story/0842f955c18b0f84c3cee7046f63b894

I noticed you couldn't use amazon cards on foreign amazon sites. That really sucked. I'm in the US and I wanted to buy some stuff from Europe.

Attached: free-Amazon-gift-cards-fi.jpg (740x461, 43K)

There's a name for that: it's called "island", user.

aus sounds like a whiny irish accent

Jow Forums - sweeping generalizations

No it doesn't you dumb cunt

Attached: 1525465565831.png (540x718, 382K)

Just use a VPN, what's the big deal?

Sometimes when a young Australian male gets over excited he can sound like that.

just an observation from middle america
oi

Americans just sound like Canadians to me desu

>US
are you unironically suggesting Australians downgrade to the US? simply eric

>Use American VPN to access Amazon website
>Buy goods on American website
>Deliver to Australia

Is there anything wrong with this?

Yes

GET GLASSED AUSSIE CUNTS

Australia has a lot of problems but if you actually believe it would be worth it moving to the US then you're mistaken and delusional

Feels bad to be Australian.

YAY GOVERNMENT

but can't we just buy from other online U.S. chains instead (even though they might not be as competitive as Amazon U.S.) ???

explains why they just overtook google in the race for the trillion dollar tech company.

And how much extra per purchase is that going to cost you?

Good. This is your punishment for shitting up this site so much.

noting of value was lsot i always used ebay

Why does anyone think this is a good thing? We all suffer in the long run when the economy is closed off.

Based government protecting the interested of the local elite against he american ogre, only dumb, unpatriotic cucks with no economical knowledge but from Spicmazon for the spicamericans. Based AUSTRALIA, FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL, KEEP YOUR CHEAP SHIT IN LARDASSTAN, PRAISE THE DREAMTIME

*blow in a stick loudly*

>Online retail giant Amazon will block Australian consumers from its global sites to counter new laws to force it to collect the good and services tax on transactions.
Fair enough.
It's probably enough of a pain dealing with all the different States' tax laws without having to also collect tax for another country and send it overseas to them.
Fuck that.

Pretty much accurate.
>t. Top-tier oz bloke

Attached: 1524373038398.jpg (480x447, 39K)

>>Deliver to Australia
Uuh, they could just go "we don't deliver to that address" and not accept the order.
You do know Amazon does things like checking delivery availability, right?
Your best bet is have a delivery proxy in the states who you'll have to pay to make/receive your order and then ship it to you, so you'll be paying more anyway.

ever wonder why it's low population?

Attached: 1451403599817.jpg (624x427, 89K)

Stop buying online you commie, Gerry Harvey needs more money.

House prices and rents are literally 10x what they are in the US.

If you read the article you'd know that this has nothing to do with Amazon but its purely about the Government fucking us for more tax and giving their corporate masters what they want.

I have no idea why dumb fuckjs keep voting for these LMNP cunts. They're not liberal in anysense of the word.

Attached: Capture-436-487x660.png (487x660, 151K)

You could always move to Madagascar.

Sydfag here reporting. You're right on the money about our women, myself and most of my Anglo brethren have women from overseas, either European, American or South American

Sydfag here again, and that same cunt doesn't apologise for the ridiculously high migration level to major capital cities either, driving up house prices and rents, increasing congestion on roads and public transport, overburdening schools and hospitals that go underfunded by the states etc. the list goes on. Prior to government, he literally worked for a property lobby, who are the only ones who really benefit from rampant population growth.

Sorry I should add big box retailers to the small list of beneficiaries, even more so now that the GST rules are being changed to benefit them.

Attached: 1527604792939.jpg (453x439, 85K)

>So just use a VPN

Kek kek kek. This is what makes Chan so great!