Do we have a replacement yet?

Do we have a replacement yet?

Attached: Capture.png (285x260, 40K)

JDownloader 2?

>wget
>python

idm

lel nice malware you have there..would be a shame if you spread it you malware-spreading faggit.

>adware
Dont even start with "b-but there's a adware free version". There are reports of adware, spyware, viruses on that version too if you look it up. Not worth the risk.

What about myPony?

IDM

uget seems reasonably good

No adware when you install it on Linux.
If you don't trust the Windows installer, compile it yourself. It's licensed under the GPL, source code is available.

Same with these "reports" you claim of spyware and viruses. They're not hiding anything, just audit the code. If there was malware in the application itself you (or in this situation, someone smarter than you) would have seen it...

What shit devs. Instead of offering a paid version they bundle it with malware for compensation. Fuck the "free version". I dont trust the devs.

Yes, go to /ptg/. Direct download died in the early 2000's.

>contrary to torrents which were killed by direct downloads
dunno lad if I have to use something dead I'll keep using the one I repute to be the comfiest.

Who gives a shit about malware or ruining a system when it's a throw away vm on a segmented network.
>dont tell me you test in production?

Attached: ermagherd.png (602x536, 232K)

who's we?
and, for the record, dta works perfectly on v52 esr

FF quantum does not. You want to use a fork if you care.

I don't need that at all. I only built in browser downloader. I use firefox. firefox can resume? I tweak about:config, now my firefox can resume. too slow, I can compete, I tweak about:config, now my download is fast. I just need my brain.

aria2, wget and the very best lftp but it requires some reading before mastering it.

Wat, how is lftp better than aria2 or wget? Unless you interactively browse FTP?

Still works on waterfox.

Not really, still waiting for the DTM lite.

Who cares, it doesn't work for bulk downloading Instagram pages anymore.

Attached: 22070682_516925798667403_3178838482705448960_n.jpg (1080x1350, 46K)

Why don't you set up some sort of script which downloads the content remotely via wget and then emails it to you?

People still use this shit?

Jow Forums never help

Attached: 1527747178664.jpg (500x473, 40K)

paralleled (or segmented ) download is much more powerful than on aria2 which often gives socket errors
Lftp is not really a download manager and was not created for this task but my experience with has been flawless.

download star

The dev is (still) working on some sort of DTA WE.

Attached: manager-11-01.png (2382x1636, 555K)

This (you)

Do the idiot children here really not even use wget anymore?

>using windows
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahaha

Attached: 1520862368534.jpg (420x226, 52K)

and as the name implies (lite) it's a version lacking most features that make it actually useful

Is there any manager that can pickup download links off of a locally hosted page? DownThemAll is literally the only one I've found that can do it

>5 months without update
OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That image is completely wrong. You should put one finger from each hand so the electricity has a chance to arc across your heart. As shown, all you're likely to get is a fried hand.

>As shown, all you're likely to get is a fried hand
tasty

>compile it yourself.
Absolutely not needed at all. Just download the jar and start it with your favorite JVM. No spyware at all, only the first time hoster account begging is going on.

>linux cant get adware

Attached: You.png (645x729, 56K)

DownloadStar

>tfw ubuntu is literally a glorified adware for amazaon, yet plebs are still installing it

Attached: 1389632055513.jpg (429x410, 108K)

FreeDownloadManager on windows
uget in lu/gninux

Attached: downloads_big.png (865x555, 78K)

why? it still works

Pirating or buying internet download manager

Ubuntu lived for way too long already. It isn't even the beginner friendliest distro. It's a meme.
Time for APT distros to die off