Why is Australia's internet so bad? Australia has slower Internet than Kenya, Russia and Hungary

Why is Australia's internet so bad? Australia has slower Internet than Kenya, Russia and Hungary

Attached: 084_12_map_statistics-01.png (1917x1792, 52K)

I got 100 mb down, is that bad?

Not bad, it's just expensive

Because it's a country of 25 million spread over 7 million square kilometers and the return you get from bringing gigabit line speeds to every house is tiny so nobody competent wants to do it.
Leaving scummy fraudulent shitwads to "try their best" and eat up government funding.

>Rural United States has crazy good internet like the EU and Big Ticket cities
Guess again kid, even though all the world servers are only a few hundred miles away from me, I get 25mb down.
You want to fix it? Get as many internet connections as possible from as many ISPs, cache all of your data. Then start offering that data and connections to people in your area.
If you have a ton of money to burn or want to write an investment pitch, check and see if you have a local internet exchange, they typically have connections for cheap. You just have to get the line of sight or wiring equipment yourself.

Remember: two connections, and caching then you should be good

These fellas keep eating their internet infrastructure.

Attached: 1200474IMG_2012.jpg (1200x932, 94K)

but nearly all of 'straya's population lives in one area of the continent

is there a version of this for the internet?

Attached: aussie.png (576x432, 318K)

>ADSL is fine, fiber is a waste of money, wireless internet is the future anyway and if there was a demand for fast internet the free market would provide it
t. boomer scum

Attached: f3345298056.png (480x800, 573K)

>everyone in australia is on the same speed

Shut the fuck up cunt

i get 100mbps and it's fine, more is always better but seeing as i have 4x what 4k needs to stream i'm fine

Austra-who?

Good thing the thread isn't "Why is Sydney's internet so bad"

But even in the major cities and suburbs of Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne etc internet speeds are abysmal. I was so shocked when I visited. Most people can't even use video streaming sites like YouTube or netflix because the speeds are so slow

It's so backwards

Yeah nah, I think we know who's really destroying our network infrastructure.

Attached: kookaburra.jpg (316x421, 17K)

You can get *UNLIMITED wireless now, NBN is dead
*40gb then capped to 1.5mbps

Attached: f3345249360.png (360x351, 17K)

Haha, I got 100mb down and 50mb up for $60 a month in the Gold Coast. Ok, the best I've actually gotten is 87, and 39, but that's what I'd consider close enough. Could be quicker with a better router maybe.

Joined up for MyRepublic when they just launched in Australia, and were desperately trying to get customers. Now the equivalent package costs $85, and I'm still paying $60. In hindsight, I should have gone straight for the gaymer package which gives you a static IP address. So I'm stuck with a dynamic IP, unless I want to shell out close to $100 per month.

>living anywhere but Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth
deserve it desu

Oh my fricking god, look at that adorable cunts face. No way could something that cute be killing our internet.

Why is Hiro serving shit off "is2.Jow Forums.org" even through "i.4cdn.org" still has all the content?

Stupid Australians. I'll be enjoying my gigabit internet here in New Zealand.

Attached: 1369537141643.jpg (414x465, 49K)

It's a ruse mate, why do you think they're laughing all the time?

Where you think all your content is hosted? :^)

Attached: 6576576.png (803x319, 53K)

How can I be sure you're not making a ruse? You ain't one of dem, magpie pricks are ya?

Attached: magpie.jpg (650x366, 23K)

Because Rupert Murdoch owns Foxtel as well as a fair portion of the media in Australia and he doesn't want people to have good internet he just so happens to be quite favourable to the liberal party and helped them get into power by running a bunch of ads supporting them so they could get into power.
When they did they scrapped labours version of the NBN "to save money" even though their plan has ended up costing shit tonnes more.

cause niggers

Also, I'm hijacking this thread. It's now about Australian birb appreciation.

Attached: bin_chicken.jpg (3888x2592, 854K)

All those servers have connections to core Internet infrastructure dumbass, they're not getting residential speeds. Which means NZ people are getting faster download speeds than AU people off AU servers.

There is only one correct answer.

Attached: image.jpg (640x427, 254K)

it's so remote, it can't be good. can't argue with physics

*pecks on your network cable*

Attached: Rosella.jpg (548x900, 67K)

Ah, yes. The Great Emu War. Set our civilization back centuries. If only we'd won, perhaps we'd have the best internet.

Attached: lorikeet.jpg (2048x1536, 391K)

>Wanting to live in Sydney or Melbourne.
I hope you enjoy your muzzies and chinks

>100mb down and 50mb up for $60 a month
Is that considered good or bad in kangarooland?

Good.

This

are you really talking shit about magpies?
son, you need to look them in the eye and earn their respect

Damn.
Nice birds, though.

Motherfuckers will bash your fokin head in, if you get within 100m of them. Actually, they'll remember you, and treat you kindly if you feed them some meat or something.
My Grandfather feeds the birbs on his farm every morning, and let me tell ya, magpies are some selfish motherfuckers. Always stealing shit from the other birbs.

Attached: wedge-tail.jpg (450x350, 22K)

never been swooped because i always nod politely at my neighbourhood pies
they're just grumpy old men, that's all

>100/40 NBN connection
>12MB/s from Google and Microsoft update servers
>300KB/s from any other site

Only in Australia people argue about which bird is singlehandedly responsible for their bad internet.

Attached: 1524153090167.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

>cthulhu have a subsea fiber

Attached: Global_Map[1].jpg (1136x600, 278K)

>Why is Australia's internet so bad?
huge empty island, the necessary infrastructure is too expensive. There is no profit to make the whole country a place with 100 mb/s

Chunks aren't that bad it's the muzzies who make it a shithole

Trying to purge autists who can't into URL auto-redirectors. I'm ok with it.

hahahaha exactly, this must be one of the aussie things

t. Li Ping

Life is suffering boys.

Live out in the sticks so only options are satellite or (lol) dialup, which isn't even 56k, more like half that.

Current NBN satellite plan I'm on is $80pm for 60GB peak/120GB off peak cap @ 25mbs. Lovely 600ms ping and drops out in certain weather. Also just shits the bed randomly and looks for the satellite endlessly.
Can't YouTube/Netflix or anything during the day, have to wait until 1am if I want to download updates/games whatever and not get capped at 128kbs.

Say what you will about Elon Reddit Musk, if that cunt launches his 25ms ping satellite network I will sick his dingdong to make it happen.

Pic unrelated

Attached: moot_zun_hiro.jpg (480x360, 37K)

that image is true and sad. too many indians and chinese people. i get 50/10 unlimited for $80

That and a bit of help with pic

Attached: ausmeth.png (624x568, 466K)

this

>tfw a surveyor said my copper pit has asbestos and the entire area will probably be another 6 months before the nbn is ready

Attached: 1215516200185.jpg (500x364, 17K)