Fitbits

>fitbits

Is there a more meme piece of tech currently available?

>fat hambeasts need the HR while they eat mcdolans so they can see their heartrate spike as their arteries clog
>get at least 10 returns a day for broken straps because they're cheap garbage, our store can't even process them anymore we have to refer them back to fitbit directly
>literally nobody uses the functions it's just a fashion item to make you look like you exercise
>nobody will consider any other smartwatch because they only want this meme shit to show off to their friends as a fashion accessory

Attached: iu[1].jpg (999x749, 51K)

Yes, smartphones.

About as far from accurate as possible, mate. Try smart homes maybe? Alexa? Bluetooth headphones

Attached: idontlikedoingit.jpg (500x486, 75K)

A smart home won't have you tucking your head between your tits as you blindly walk out into traffic as you're trying to catch a pokemon and keep up-to-date with your "social" media.

There are more practical uses than all that memeshit.

>maps
>virtual wallet
>music
>video streaming and other entertainment
>literally warns me in the event of earthquakes
>can contact people and emergency services if something goes wrong
>can order food/drinks so it's ready for you by the time you reach the store

Stop trying to be edgy, there's a reason literally 99.9% of the modern world have a smartphone.

Fitbit as a company is fucking gay.
They bought up Pebble just to shut it down. The Pebble watches were pretty much a non-meme fitbit with actual practicality and fitbit didn't like that.

Fuck fitbit.
t. angry faggot

Attached: faggot 2.jpg (720x540, 133K)

gf uses it to measure time, distance, and heartrate when she goes for a run. Apparently the gps fails 1/4 of the time. Seems like it'd be good if it actually worked.

I don't get health shit, I drink tons of soda and eat terrible food and still keep getting skinnier. Shits annoying as now I need to find a belt for pants that used to fit just fine. I've never been fat, just getting thinner for reasons that confond me.

calories out > calories in
If you drink more soda, eat more terrible food, and move less, then you can get fat if you want.

>edgy
Get fucked. I'd rather be around people who know how to stand up right, walk normally and hold a conversation, than the likes of you clueless fuckers who busy yourselves with your gadgets to the point where you're either an inconvenience, if not an outright danger, to everyone around you.

That's the thing, I hardly move now. I'm afraid if I stop drinking soda I'll turn into a skeleton. The only thing I can think of is work being more stressing but it's a desk job so I'm not getting exercise.
As for on topic, I don't see the point of these or any smart watch for that matter. I prefer an automatic mechanical.

If you intake more calories (read: energy) than you use throughout the day you will gain weight.

Doesn't matter what the calories are, if you only eat 1800kcal of cheezburgs and you only used up 1800kcal of energy that day you will stay the same weight.

For reference a mcdolans cheeseburger has 300 calories. You could eat 6 cheeseburgers a day and still only hit 1800 calories.

>le im special because i dont use a phone such rebel not a sheep like u guys

google TDEE calculator and calculate your daily energy expenditure in calories.

Count your calories and eat 500 more than that number every day.

You will gain weight if you consistently do this. 3500calories is ab out 1lb of body weight gain.

so what's the best way to track your heartrate then, faggot?

Sounds like you have a meme job. Maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of junior high, then you wouldn't have to work at RadioShack for minimum wage.

Why would you ever want to do something like that? I don't do it, so nobody else needs to.

I can feel my heartrate spiking abnormally at times, I would like to show the data to a doctor

On a dedicated HR monitor in the ECU because that's the only time you'll probably ever need to.

If people want to get fit they'd be better off spending their money on some weights and monitoring their calorie intake.

Never owned one and I don't see the point. Another smart device I don't need. Just track calories / macros and do your exercise, what else would I need? Being able to show off to others because I'm only doing what I do for the approval of others?

Sure you would this is a real scenario that every one of the millions of people who buy a fitbit go through.

Attached: 1520607865580.jpg (205x192, 7K)

I get the whole intake vs burned calories bit I just don't recall changing anything in my diet or lack of exercise. I should probably just consider myself lucky as it could be worse in that I would gain weight without knowing why.

Meh, I don't do that. I don't see why you'd want to.

Actually, when losing weight and onsite during work days I often prefer McDonald's to other alternatives because everything they sell has their calories listed. If you skip fries and soda it's actually not hard to eat a decently sized meal at McDonald's - though the quality is another story.

I have one. I use it as a vibrating alarm clock on my wrist.

It's the best way to wake up.

Other than that, it's useless, i agree

Write down the calories of everything you eat. Don't round up or down.

Your diet or levels of activity have changed gradually without you noticing.

Could you recommend a good smartwatch then? And as a guy who actually runs 5-6 times a week about the same features (or preferably more) of the fitbit would be cool.

Its such a swamp out there I don't even know where to begin.

Attached: 1527597738594.jpg (1232x794, 140K)

I don't give a fuck if you think I'm a marketer. OP is bitching about fitbit build quality so I'm baiting to get potential alternatives

I do this too. The 500kcal wrap of the day is pretty good. Actually has fresh lettuce and tomato, plus tortilla and fried chicken.

it's not the best, but it's easy and fast to obtain at a decent price.

Being "fit" isn't only about looking a certain way, it it has to do with being healthy. I'd say lay off the sodas and junk food. You may have a fast metabolism, but you're not invincible.

It also*

I don't really think any of the features are that necessary or will help you that much.

Nokia do a watch that is waterproof and the battery lasts 9 months. Looks like a normal watch but saves data to your phone's health app.

If you have an iPhone then an Apple watch is a good all-in-one smartwatch.

Honestly I don't think a smartwatch is going to improve your life that much, just save yourself a couple hundred bucks and don't buy one.

Calm down snowflake

I've lost 20kg 3 years back, and what really helped me was using a website that helps with calory tracking. I've used fatsecret, but I'm sure there are many others. Just weight your stuff, enter it there, and it does the rest. If you eat something where you don't know the calories just write down the number you'd aim for and not overeat. If you do that once in a while it won't hurt at all. That being said most people gain weight as they grow older due to several factors. One factor is less exercise or general moving around than when they were younger whilst still eating the same amount of food, another is the fact that, the older we get, the more does our basal metabolic rate go down, which, in turn, reduces caloric needs again, and something that often happens is that people start eating little things here and there and massively underestimating the amount of calories they accrue that way. An easy way to help with not getting fat is tracking breakfast / lunch / dinner or just eating predefined "packets" you know well. If you then stuff yourself in the evening on chips or whatever you'll probably not eat enough to gain serious weight. Works for me, at least.

When you spend almost an hour a day running, trust me, not having to lug around a phone on an awkward strap or bouncing in a pocket will doubtlessly improve my QOF.

>Why do you need a phone???

I listen to music / audiobooks whilst running, no intention to stop. Logging time + speed is also a godsend in tracking progress.

Exactly. It also keeps the munchies at bay. Personally, whilst I try to eat more healthy, I think that, when losing weight, keeping the caloric intake down is more important, especially in the beginning. With time, changing to healthier food step by step is easier than suddenly changing your entire eating habits. This will, probably, lead to failure due to cravings and whatnot.

i have that shit and I use it as a watch actually I have to use it as a normal watch because this piece of trash doesn't synchronize with my phone and everyone else

Get with the times grandpa

listen you little 14 year old sperglord, just because mommy only lets you use her desire C instead of a big boy phone doesn't mean you get to use it to browse Jow Forums and curse at people.

get a sony smartwatch 2

they're 100 bucks and can give you your blood oxygen content and heartrate

but for real learn to take your pulse, it's really simple and usually takes less time than waiting for a smartwatch to measure it.

Attached: milk_laughing.gif (285x235, 954K)

I feel you, plebbles at least had something going for them with the apps, it's cute aestethics, and uncompromising usefulness.

We'll never get anything like these again.

pic related is all you need

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x199, 11K)

i wear watch and smartwatch as JEWellery
Since dawn of time people have things that showed there status and it is good practice in my corp.

Attached: ancient rings.jpg (556x545, 34K)

I have a Fitbit for the HR monitor.

fuck you
i still use my smartphone as a PDA
i'm not putting my fucking phone sim into that shit

i do use a data sim, but i keep it on airplane mode 99% of the time

so i can enjoy a 5 day battery life on an xz premium and a 7 day battery life on my nokia 515

Good practice for what?

>expensive stuff makes you look rich, girls like rich people, guys like sex with girls

I think there are better ways to flex nowadays though. Checking the time on your $1000 smartphone is more impressive than your piece of shit $100 fitbit

>Checking the time on your $1000 smartphone is more impressive than your piece of shit $100 fitbit
I'm not sure that's true, fitness watches have become status symbols in the same way that nice analog watches or smartwatches used to be.

Mine works fine, except that when I’m lifting the heart rate monitor reads way low. A pulse oximeter will read 140bpm and the fucking Fitbit will say 80.

Running is gay

>xiaomi smartshoes
>uses button cell battery that lasts for 2 months

Not even a greenfag but it hurts, I should've just bought a xiaomi fitband.

Attached: 1514479711502.jpg (1560x2080, 221K)

Pebble was on the brink of death. They would've died even if no one bought them.

I like stats/gamification, I like knowing how much time I've been playing a game on Steam, I like to know how many steps I've taken, don't care much about calories and stuff, I walk a lot but I'm not super active.

I've been thinking about getting a smartscale.

>chinkshit
>battery right next to foot
sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I like the idea behind it but I don't want to botnet myself so I just use a regular dumb HR monitor when running