12nm Threadripper

techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-threadripper-2nd-generation
>With AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2nd Generation, similar to the move from Ryzen to Ryzen 2nd Generation, we’re expecting a huge leap in performance – from better power management to higher clock speeds. This is thanks to the move to the same 12nm Zen+ architecture used in the recent Ryzen 2nd Generation processors.
SHIT LAKE HEDT HOUSEFIRES CONFIRMED DOA

Attached: y2LdE7QmktCxg25fV7g6sZ-650-80.jpg (650x365, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6FH-LM7vXc
youtube.com/watch?v=7wOBGmxyBEs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Delete, you piece of shit!

Attached: 1526563862930.png (807x745, 305K)

This kills the kike.

Attached: 1526782054080.jpg (1196x676, 673K)

So what can we expect?

>better power management and high clock speeds

But what can we expect?

Probably some nice IPC improvements as well, single thread IPC tests soon

This thread is anti semitic

About 7% based on the other 12nm cpus

But what about the damage? How much will they suffer?

>same IPC uplift that happened between zen1 and zen+
>same clockspeeds uplift that happened between zen1 and zen+
>same latency improvements hat happened between zen1 and zen+

Weren't 14nm TR chips better binned than 14nm Ryzen chips?

yeah, and 12nm TR chips will be better binned than 12nm ryzen chips
I'm talking about the overall % increase

damnit Jimmy, it's not a RPG

The big question is if we're getting lower latencies between the dies.

Attached: 1525540409448.png (222x233, 14K)

>between the dies
eh, probably a negligible amount

Does anyone else think that AMDrones have been talking about AMD surpassing either of their competitors for years? It's always just on the horizon but never actually here. Why would this be any different?

Attached: 1526886845729.png (1027x563, 571K)

Because Zen is a better core already.

i9 faggot with buyer's remorse detected.

Attached: 1502915574465.jpg (2048x1536, 1.49M)

Who cares, you can disable cores on the other die if your software is retarded enough to cross NUMA domains for no reason.

Attached: 1525551728082.png (937x581, 161K)

Because Zen is already a better architecture than anything Intel has or will have in the near future. There's no trick up their sleeve this time. No new architecture. No miraculous new node shrink ahead of AMD. They're actually backed into a corner.

Zen is already an amazing arch in just its second iteration, just little over a year since the first release. The only thing it needs is higher clocks and lower latencies. Everything else is already there.

Plus Apple poached literally EVERYONE relevant from both Oregon and Israel team.
They have only some Jews and lots of pajeets left.
Fucking hell, CCL-SP is presented by a pajeet duo on HotChips.

>intel shills will still find ways to pick on zen2 even after it rips them three new assholes

Attached: 1510544312240.jpg (189x189, 32K)

I member the thread. good times

Attached: 1225A0287AED4AB5AB62E725D4AE9ABB.gif (245x147, 885K)

Wow - this is huge. Intel can only pray this full of security holes (unlikely) that phony Israeli cyber security (((consultants))) can shill against.

Should I wait for gen2 Threadripper? Or should I get the original that's out now? Local microcenter has the 1950X for $700 brand new.

Or should I just get a 2700X Ryzen and hope the rumors of an AM4 10c/20t chip are correct? I don't really need the crazy PCIe lanes and RAM of the X399 line. Just moar coars.

Benchmarks or gtfo

what do you have now?
if you can hang onto it, gen3 threadripper is where the nice perf increase is at

>5% more FPS in Ryzen 2nd gen
>huge leap in performance

Attached: 1526022091060.jpg (1106x553, 50K)

Underrated post

The biggest question is if we all agree that Sakurako is best yuru.

>FPS
stupid frogposter

I have a Ryzen 1700X. I meant to say should I keep the 1700X, upgrade to a 2700X. Or just all around wait?

Seems like waiting till 3rd gen Ryzen seems to be the advice of most.

I have 1950x and I'm waiting for gen 3. Remember that you won't need to change the mobo when it's out.

AMD's current chip design is literally years ahead of Intel's bingbus. And given how badly the bingmesh flopped, we won't be seeing anything new from Intel in the near future. They'll just keep cranking up the clockspeeds (and heat and power consumption) to try and get by via brute force alone.

That's not going to be anywhere near enough when Zen 2 arrives on 7nm hitting speeds of 5GHz though. Intel literally cannot compete with that as things stand. Clock's ticking.

wait for 3rd gen, the performance difference between the 1700X and a 2700X is negligible

I'm waiting the final blow in Intel mindshare from Apple.
I hate Apple. But I know that them have the sufficent cult power to flip bad perceptions on brands their adopt.

i11 Gold Extreme Edition INCOMING
>i11 Gold Extreme Edition INCOMING

>AMD 7nm
>5GHz
Think that's realistic? I mean the 2700x does what, 4.2GHz on the high end? The 12nm based Threadripper chips will maybe do 4.4GHz because the dies are binned. I'm hoping for 4.6GHz base boost clocks out of Ryzen gen3.
>i11 Gold Extreme Edition now with even worse TIM than before! *LN2 cooling required for stock boost. RAID not included
Or
>AMD counters immediately with an R7-2800X. Am4 capable 10c/20t with only 105w tdp for $400.

Just look at the 7FF/7LP specs.

AMD has no 10C single dies this year.

>Think that's realistic? I mean the 2700x does what, 4.2GHz on the high end? The 12nm based Threadripper chips will maybe do 4.4GHz because the dies are binned. I'm hoping for 4.6GHz base boost clocks out of Ryzen gen3.
Not him, but I think 4.8GHz should be realistic. 5.0GHz maybe on Threadripper or golden chips. This for Zen2 first gen, of course. That, plus latency optimizations, and the gap in single-core performance with Intel would be closed completely, maybe even surpassed in some cases.
To think that we'll maybe have Ryzen3 still this year, or early 2019... If it does hit 5.0GHz, I might bite the bullet and upgrade my 1600. Wasn't planning on doing it until the last AM4 chip, but we'll see what happens.

No please.

Fucking sweet. I'm pumped.
>Mfw I'll be able to break out my old FX liquid cooling loop
>Mfw I'll even be able to continue using my original all copper EK am3 block because my board has mounting holes for it
5.1GHz Ryzen here I come. Maybe I'll even go over the top and get a mono-block/VRM for the board.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 5K)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 12562236.png (234x216, 10K)

Negligible but still pretty decent gains for a simple refresh

does the nm really matter?
does it affect latency speeds at all?

>epyc destroying the new xeons
Fucking lmao, I can't wait to see what 7nm Epyc can do.

Rape.
No lube.
ICL-SP is maybe half a year after Rome.

Nah I'll stick to processors that don't require me to get permission from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission beforehand

It's negligible if you use the 2700x on a 3xx mobo.
If you use it on a x470 mobo you get xfr2.0 plus better ram support plus greater ram speed plus greater IF speed with the greater ram speed.
If you factor all there plus those negligible μarch tweaks you get a pretty decent upgrade.
If you keep your old ram plus mobo it's not worth the upgrade.

14nm is last sensible size, anything below is artificial change

>mfw 48c 96t 12nm TR4
>mfw finished my push-pull TR4 360 Enermax Liqtech build today
>tfw stable 1ghz OC on 1950x

Attached: 49427-3-1388631865.jpg (605x377, 26K)

I thought Starship was 7nm

>48c 96t 12nm TR4
No, that's Starship

Is there an archive?

You can see the post numbers in the picture

So Starship 7nm - 48 cores
Can we expect TR 7nm - 24 cores?

Dude just let the AMDfags enjoy themselves. This is one of very few times in the past two decades where AMD has a clear advantage over Intel.

Can't wait for 7nm gen3 Ryzen. I can finally trash my i5 3570k then.

DELID

Attached: intel pink.png (807x745, 205K)

Why Intel performs still better in games though? What amd needs to improve to be better or as good as Intel In games?

Except Intel is done for since their bingbus is fucking obsoleted forever.

Intel still also runs circles around AMD when it comes to emulation performance. The Ryzen cpu is amazing, but Intel still has AMD beat in gaymen.

Haha emulation, what's next, netflix? This desperation is so good

youtube.com/watch?v=y6FH-LM7vXc

>this level of broken english
either way, clockspeed that's all, primarily games only care about single core clockspeeds except for recently where devs have been moving over to multicore

Because they still have a clockspeed advantage, which is going to shrink to almost nothing when Zen 2 launches

Rome is 64C.
Stop following ages old roadmaps.

>have 2700x
>performs better than my previous 7700k in CEMU

Attached: intredasting.gif (320x320, 283K)

I can play that game too, fags. Don't get too cocky.

youtube.com/watch?v=7wOBGmxyBEs

Ok lmao?

>hey my AMD processor performs better than my Intel one did
>oh yeah well this youtuber switched to intel

Attached: OH.jpg (239x268, 26K)

It's called cherry picking.

I was just providing my own anecdotal evidence for your statement, what did I cherry pick?

Attached: 7999ceead3c47f872878ffc408b76410.jpg (800x800, 121K)

You didn't cherry pick, it was this guy

Then don't include me in the response

>hwcanucks
kek

reach 5.2Ghz.

>release the same arch for 4+ years
>reach high clocks
color me fucked, wonder when they are going to make a new one to get past their abysmal scalability over 6 cores

Attached: 5346344653467.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>64C
What the fuck did they double the CCX amount?

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaa.gif (1280x720, 1.08M)

just cram a fuckton of tiny dies in a big EPYC package

Silver is 429 vs Gold at ~300

Silver is far superior in energy transfer.

Considering we've known about the existence of Zen since shortly after Keller was hired, it's not unusual that anyone has been talking about it equally as long.

I have seen this reposted multiple times
but intel is already behind.

>i use adobe products, specifically adobe premier
>shintel pays adobe to make it run worse on ayymd
>youtuber has a bad software experience with adobe
>youtuber switches back because of one (one) software issue
>hwcucks no less
alright then.

No, just scalable.

Don't forget he cloned his OS from Intel to AMD and wondered why shit started to break.

Plethora of reasons, for one Intels standard is used in all game engines while AMD is not even acknowledged.

top kek, zero effort bait

>Clock's ticking.

Tick. Tock. Tock. Tock. Tock.

predicting that this threadripper won't be nearly as successful as first gen simply because the vast majority of content creators that were going to switch to TR4 already did and the small increase in clock speeds won't be worth upgrading to in 95% of cases. the ones currently stuck on skylake-x won't switch either because they're literal fucking retards

Yes, per die.

A clock is broken twice a year.

Attached: 56786879.jpg (491x276, 22K)

Meh it's still going to be complete dogshit for anything not written to be numa aware.

good lord why are you even on this board

there is a kernel of truth to it though

That's right, I forgot he didn't even do a fresh windows install. Unbelievable. Set up for failure.

>i9

Attached: 1505417894403.png (1300x599, 359K)