/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: g7.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

malwaretips.com/threads/oneplus-is-collecting-user-data-without-permission-and-that’s-not-okay.76194/
thehackernews.com/2017/11/oneplus-logkit-app.html
theregister.co.uk/2017/11/14/oneplus_backdoor/
xda-developers.com/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-settlement-backtrack/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
google.com/search?ei=4c8SW5WwAeOpjwTU6J64Bw&q=lg v20 bootloop&oq=lg v20 b&gs_l=psy-ab.3.1.0l10.49849.58964.0.61023.17.9.7.1.1.0.206.1612.0j8j1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.17.1656...0i22i30k1j0i67k1j0i10i19k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1.0.KwReYt09CF4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>LG software
>LG screen
>Notch + huge notch
PASS

Be glad there's a headphone jack in there

how's the nokia 7 plus lads?

why be glad about a dated port that takes up space for a lager batter/ larger motherboard/ larger screen/ larger speaker/ larger camera/ anything that isn't a dated fucking port from the era of radio equipment
>inb4 muh audiophile jerkoff fest
the included dac in almost every phone is garbage, and most audiophiles would have used an external dac to begin with

Attached: 1527559827425.jpg (4304x2860, 2.24M)

smartphones were a mistake

probably going to buy the google pixel 2 xl today, try to sell me another phone

>Be glad there's a headphone jack in there
I'd be glad if battery capacity was larger and if buying an LG device isn't a gamble due to bootloop issues.

What phone should I get my 13 year old brother for his birthday which is due in a few months? He still uses a Galaxy Mini from bloody 2013.
I expect him to use the phone for youtube and games and not much else. Battery life isn't an issue and neither is screen size.
I'd prefer not to spend more than 400 AUD.

How can I do software Dev on the phone?

1/10

My redmi note 5 goes from 82 percent to 39 with 4 hours sot and at least 30 minutes of full hd recording
Feels good to have 4000 mah capacity
You can theoretically not meet a wall plug for a week if you have a decent powerbank
Also video stabilization is examplry
Only disappointment is the low light shots
Excellent value for a 140 dollaros phone

Attached: IMG_20180602_131451.jpg (2064x2752, 1.22M)

OK I just want the brightest screen available. What phone is the best for using outside?

Try a year old flagship. They should cost about 400 $

Pretty much any modern flagship with an oled screen will be bright enough. I think the S9/+ currently takes the cake though.

Nokia 6.1 (aka 6 2018)

Install GCam for better photos

This is actually what I had in mind. Is it something that'll last a while?

Should be fine, quite decent price here for what you get, probably the best thing you'll find new for around $400

Yeah, it's part of the Android One program so it's guaranteed to get at least two major version updates (Oreo > Android P > Android Q) and three years of security updates. Snapdragon 630 is a decent midrange SoC, should run most games without any issues.

Another phone worth looking at is Redmi Note 5 (Pro, the version with SD636 and dual cameras). The SoC is quite a big upgrade from the 630 and you should be able to find it cheaper than the Nokia.

Next step up performance wise would be something SD660-powered like Nokia 7 Plus, Xiaomi Mi Note 3, Mi 6X etc. or an older flagships with SD821, possibly even SD835 might be within your budget (Mi6, Mi Mix 2, Nokia 8).

That requires rooting right

You can do it without root, but it does neet an unlocked bootloader afaik

Damnn, the headphone sound on my Redmi 4 prime is actually on par with the HTC 10 that I had.

Meh
I was very close to unlocking the bootloader but bailed out
That said I applaud the chinks for making it quite a pain free process

Appreciate the advice

>but bailed out
Why? Unlocking the bootloader doesn't void warranty.

(((Jow Forums - Technology))) on suicide watch

Attached: Lenovo-Z5-frontal-700x500.jpg (700x500, 73K)

the perfect smartphone is as follows:

>hardware

removable battery
iphone 4s sized (compact)
iphone X camera (video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@960fps)
no fingerprint scanner
IR blaster
front facing speakers
shock/dust/water proof up to 10ft depth
3.5mm headphone jack
fast charging latest USB - C
blackberry slide out keyboard
sd card storage up to 500gb
32gb internal
FM receiver
458 ppi density or more
edge to edge screen except at the top. no notch.
phone cases that have slide out lens covers

>software

newest pure android OS/bloat free non proprietary(no touchwiz etc)

low power mode that emulates first gen gameboy/old nokia/monochrome

this only allows for calls and texts in their most basic forms with absolutely necessary features that accompany those tasks

optional always on display/clock and calendar

voice editing app emulation of digitech rds8000 rack mount unit during calls

cloud computing with trusted home computer

Attached: snail-burn.jpg (600x441, 66K)

Pick me a better phone than Nokia 8 for 350 usd

I dare you

Attached: 4c8e5a7e.jpg (983x1115, 82K)

This looks like shittier Mi Mix.

this is retarded, but i would fucking buy 3

amoleds are the least bright display technology

please user, I dont want to get memed

Attached: 1527365763881.jpg (569x1500, 479K)

edit: 2 headphone jacks with 2 separate audio output/input options just to spite people who are ok with removing headphone jacks

Attached: tumblr_njhn6fyC9E1u75st9o1_540.png (540x357, 177K)

Then read the thread.

What's the estimated price for the new Z5? My s6 edge plus is heating up way too much guess he's going to die soon

There werent any alternatives, some anons even thought it was a Lumia phone

OG Pixel XL or Nokia 7 Plus, help a brother decide

You didn't bother to read past that.

Z5 hype

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (432x768, 37K)

All they have to do is deliver on their promises and I might consider it

Why even bother releasing a phone like this when it's just a worse version of the OP6 and probably more expensive?

I want to install an new ROM on my LG g3. My goal is to achieve the best performance I can get out of this device. All the highlited ROMs in the related picture are completly bug free.
So which should I choose?

Attached: orca-image-1527806394605.jpg_1527806395228.jpg (1345x2392, 252K)

It has a fugly bezel on the bottom, see:

Lg g7
Goes upto 1000 nits

I did, J7,Mis and LGs didnt seem as good

>didnt seem as good
I don't know, buy a Nokia with drastically worse battery life and a locked bootloader if you so choose. I can't stop you.

It's another mi mix

Holy shit does it do hdr

I kind of like having the camera in the centre of the chin, though.

When is the mi max 3 reveal fucking chinks

>Snapdragon 845
>6gb of RAM
>QHD OLED display
>headphone jack
>quad dac audio
>NO NOTCH

Attached: LG-V35-ThinQ.jpg (1013x856, 105K)

>bootloops

Attached: 1526409505896.jpg (357x395, 26K)

see

>3 days

Attached: Lenovo-Z5-4TB-storage-Android-Oreo.jpg (696x392, 24K)

Lol, those anonymous Weibo leaks were already debunked yesterday. They came from some fishy chink account that had been promoting competing brands.

Absolute state of damage control Lenovo shills.

>lelnovo z5
>galaxy s9
>nokia 8 sirocco
Literally all better than the pixel 2. If you really have to have le ebin googlel phone with an iOS looking UI, then wait for the pixel 3

wait for pixel 3.

Ironically, the S9 has good custom ROM support and stock Android ROMs are available, just as how they'll likely be for the Z5.

>Switch network
>New SIM
>This causes InCallUI to constantly crash
Wow nice software you got there Android.

Attached: 1474357692737.png (385x385, 167K)

this pic matches up, and explains why they didn't show a screen alight in this render.

Hopefully that Lenovo Z5 sketch from before is how it will look, with no chin.

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (300x533, 9K)

How does one get a new phone from Chinkland quickly once they are announced? Do I buy off Aliexpress or what?

Aside from the Pixel and Android One series of phones, what phone brands tend to get software updates the soonest? HTC? Motorola? OnePlus? Sony?

Whichever ones are developer friendly devices. No updates are guaranteed at this point.

>v10
>v20
>v30
>v35 Thinq

explain this

pretty sure it won't have the chin, the "leaked pics" from weibo came from a competitor.

Despite my doubt, you have no idea how much I want you to be correct

>Have had S9 for less than a month
>Always on screen already burned in
OLED is a mistake.

Attached: ringo angry.png (966x878, 1.05M)

is the oneplus 6 actually worth it, my phone broke this morning and want a new phone (previous phone was the asus zoom)

3000 mAh, shitty screen to body ratio, notch AND a chin. Fucking retarded.

Is the 4tb of storage info true?
this or the Vivo Nex? FUCK

How's the quality of low light photos ?
Would you be so kind as to post a couple of low light pics ?

I really love the battery life and price, but the shitty camera that usually comes with the redmi note makes me consider spending a few extra sheckels and getting a Mi8.

Nokia 5.1

It's probably intentionally misleading advertising.
My bet is on it being 4 terabits instead of 4 terabytes, which would mean 512GB. Which is still good, just not 4TB good.

Would it be retarded to sell my Pixel 2 and get an OP6?
I want a juicy bezel-less phone but I refuse to get chinkshit with designated shitting roms.

Attached: 41nwRUwQghL.jpg (500x500, 20K)

This post is a lie. Kindly go fuck yourself, my man.

Which G3 model do you have, do you already have a custom recovery installed, etc.

>but I refuse to get chinkshit with designated shitting roms.
Great buzzword salad. Guess what, there may be Indian developers for OnePlus as well. Why would this be a problem for you? Is this what happens when you spend too much time on Jow Forums?

Just ordered a Mi MIX 2 any user have this phone good bad . Worth £300

I'm not talking about the custom rom scene, retard. I meant chink brands that sell phones with chinkroms you can't get rid of easily such as Xiaomi or Huawei.
Ideally I'd like to stick with stock Android, but Oxygen OS is close enough I guess.

Bought an LG G6 for 250. Is my life a meme

malwaretips.com/threads/oneplus-is-collecting-user-data-without-permission-and-that’s-not-okay.76194/
thehackernews.com/2017/11/oneplus-logkit-app.html
theregister.co.uk/2017/11/14/oneplus_backdoor/
You are not safe by any stretch of the imagination on Oxygen OS either.

> not buying a V20
> not having an audio chipset in your phone that's superior to the FiiO chinkshit

No, I'm fucking mad. I have a giant 10 at the top of my screen now.

>not buying a V20
xda-developers.com/lg-bootloop-lawsuit-settlement-backtrack/
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
google.com/search?ei=4c8SW5WwAeOpjwTU6J64Bw&q=lg v20 bootloop&oq=lg v20 b&gs_l=psy-ab.3.1.0l10.49849.58964.0.61023.17.9.7.1.1.0.206.1612.0j8j1.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.17.1656...0i22i30k1j0i67k1j0i10i19k1j0i19k1j0i22i30i19k1.0.KwReYt09CF4

I need a need budget phone, anyone got any chinkphone recommendations for around 100€?
I was looking at the Umidigi A1 Pro, but I can't find shit about it, anyone have it?

I got my V20 in december of 2016 and I have never heard of nor experienced the issue described in this article

Gonna be getting a new Verizon phone today
Any suggestions?

Any recommendation for a phone around 200-400 CAD works with Freedom mobile with a 16-32GB storage and 5.5 or 6 inch screen.

zuk z2?

It would most likely happen after your warranty expires, like it did for many others. I would sell the device as soon as possible if I could.

Great unless uSD or 3.5mm jack is crucial to you.

Bit north of my budget

I don't have a warranty, nor did I ever have one
I fully intend on using this phone until it bites the dust completely. Great audio hardware (can drive my 250 ohm DT770 PROs to deafening levels), great screen (ghosting is just barely starting to appear, and it isn't noticeable unless I'm actively searching for it), fast as fuck, does the split-screen thing (first phone I've owned that does that and I love it), and the little ribbon display at the top of the phone has to be single most useful "extra" feature in any phone I've ever owned.

yeah, just realized the price had shot up since a year ago. used to go for $140

>(((Jow Forums - Technology))) on suicide watch
More like a single Lenovo shill on suicide watch

I’m a stupid cunt who got an iPhone, expecting my previous video downloader to port over just fine. It didn’t. Anyone know any apps to get music from youtube/any way to port music to an iPhone?
>i get it, i’m cheap