It's been three years since the first episode aired

It's been three years since the first episode aired.
Did you do anything for yourself, did you learn something new or aim towards becoming a hacker?

Attached: 160712-leonpmr-robot-tease_mg36fn.jpg (1480x832, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14682210
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I randomly duct tape Raspberry Pis on the wall next to thermostats for the lulz.

Got a couple of neighbour wifi passes. Don't really know what to do with them.

I learned that this show way too accurately reflects my life so I cringed hard and never turned it on again after first episode.

OD and die faggot.

Attached: drinking.gif (320x179, 179K)

No.
Because as the show demonstrates all the effort in the world amounts to absolutely fucking nothing, because the global elite will still be completely unaffected by it no matter what earth shattering damage you do.

put mr robot ringtone on my phone, it's pretty sweet

How?

It's a facade, a demonstration. It's a provocation for you to get off your ass.

It’s just Marxist propaganda you dumb ass. You are not learning anything with it.

This is your brain on Jow Forums.

sold my life to GNU/Linux OS
that's what this show did to me
i cannot complain

> he thinks that watching television series will turn me into a hacker.
Ricing gentoo will not land you a job you fucking basedboy. Get out of moms basement and learn some marketable skills like the rest of the productive human race.

During those 3 years I got a Computer Science degree and started a job in the financial sector :^)

What are you even talking about?

It is tho. If you hadn’t reached that conclusion yourself you didn’t watched it at or you are too dumb to understand.
t. marxist

What do you mean how? Look up aircrack-ng you mongoloid

I learned to work with dynamic linker and hot-reload the C++ code
also saved list of CTFs and never opened them
also learned to work with TestDisk to save data from corrupted harddrive
also learned that systemd gives root privileges to any user whos name starts with 0
not much since that, networks and forensics were always behind paywall for 0cost me

I finished my chemistry degree, have done a little bit of research on one of the complexes involved during DNA repair and been working a little bit.
I still can't program my way outside of a paper bag despite repeatedly trying to get myself to learn something.

is it tho?

the entire point of season 2 and 3 is how their "revolution" actually made things much, much worse than they were before, and that it made those who were at the bottom of the food chain suffer even more while those at the top profited

looks stupid, never watched it.

Someone didn’t get past the first season clearly lol

Leftist propaganda. Fuck off.

>aim towards
Didn't even watch the show and I became a professional.

My dick is marxist propaganda because I want to stick it in everyone.
From each according to their abilities, to each according to my dick

went from shit admin to pentester rate

>the revolution failed so it can't be marxist propaganda
hurr

Are you the No Bullshit guy?

the show is a conceptual oxymoron
literally 2/3 of the episodes are straight shilling for amazon and corporate america, the very thing the show pretends to be against

Attached: go away.gif (570x498, 851K)

lliterally caputre wifi traffic, and when you see handshakes use aircrack-ng with a dict file.

One of the biggest inaccuracies in the entire show is implying a Cyber Security Engineer barely makes enough money for the world's shittiest apartment. People I know in this profession tend to live in fucking mansions.

Sure, they're stressed all the time, have problems sleeping and suffer from severe anxiety thanks to performance-expectations, but they are rarely short on money.

>t.Marxist

Kys my man

It’s pretty damn cringe. I thought people on this board would be a little more mature than r*ddit, but you’re still larping as edgy anarchist hackers. Are you guys in Anonymous? I bet you losers still unironically post the Guy Fawkes mask and say things like “Expect us”

really liked how they showed that in season 3. He spent all that time save the world just to see that he did nothing but make things worse for the people he was trying to help

Who says they don't have any money?
Elliot is fucked up and blows all his cash on drugs and new computer parts all the time from microwaving them.

elliot doesnt care about that shit, angela and ollie in season 1 live in a pretty nice apartment. As well you got to take it account that its is new york

Angela's the """manager""" or supervisor or something which is a lot better paying than an actual coder job. It is implied she's a step above Elliot in terms of career. Got no fucking clue about Ollie though. Maybe you and is right. Maybe he's just better with money.

>its is new york
This.

NYC is fucking stupidly expensive. Even earning +100k/yr. An apartment like Elliot has on the show would cost nearly $3,000 per month.

Source: I live in NYC and know the neighborhood he is supposed to live in (Lower East Side) very well.

i did, joined a hackerspace, participated in CTF, joined hackthebox, got OSCP certified. Got a fulltime job as embedded pentester.

So who do you work for? Contractor company or specific firm?

not that easy when you have wpa2 psk encryption mongaloid

A specific firm.

>m-muh mongoloid
Fucking dumbass poser

kek

Hackerspaces are not free where I live, any good books on the subject you can recommend, my dude?

are you trying to pick a fight with almighty anonimouse right now, nerd?

But what do you fucking expect?
Most people are so fucking dumb, that they have trouble following a written guide. For them to do anything there must be youtube video handholding them all the way through.

>sold

but it's free :)

welcome to television

for exploitation checkout the modern bunary exploitation course (free) and for pentest just start in hackthebox and checkout ippsec's youtube videos to get a good workflow if you must read, the art of exploit is a good book and i guess the nostarch books are good.

Thanks!
Any good sources on cracking? I ""know"" C++ and some assembly.

For reversing just deep dive into crakcme's or ctf's imo the level for ctf reversing tasks is quite high. Maybe you want to get into radare/frida/angr and start out on simple crackmes.

WPS is easy

You're a champ

Politely ask them?

Hot take: the show doesn’t actually endorse the “fuck corporations smash capitalism” cliche, but seeks to show it as misguided

>for pentest just start in hackthebox
I just tried to make an account here and it asked for an invite code.
I didnt have one so i tried a sql injection and got blocked.

Attached: dumb.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

>he tried hacking the hackers

You mean you tried sqlmap i guess?
Just generate a code yourself

no, i didnt try sqlmap.
when it gave me a box asking for an invitation code i entered a sql injection instead and it banned me

it literally says

Hi!
Feel free to hack your way in :)
Enter Invite Code:
If you are already a member click here to login.

and so i injected sql thinking your supposed to hack your way in and it banned be.
Do you actually need an invitation code or do they just not appreciate SQLi

Attached: question??.png (4000x4000, 120K)

learn kali linux a 12 years kid can hack

You don't have to try sqli. It's pretty basic. Just inspect a bit and see where it leads you to...

hack the gibson

>It's been three years since the first episode aired
i couldn't even get a job in all that time
feel like it was just last month when season 3 ended
time moves faster in the blackhole of depression and whatnot

My nigga

I feel you, I am also retarded like you... I am kind of getting used to it...

I made 20k in bug bounty money and got a job in infosec.

That's impressive! H1?

I learned some web development

Attached: hitoha.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

No independent companies. Both well known in the cryptocurrency scene. Which is why the payout was so high.

I learned to speak in Chinese over the phone with a woman voice and now all my friends think I'm a top tier hacker or major underground king pin

>job. It is implied she's a step above Elliot in terms of career.
No it’s not. It’s made quite clear to her by multiple people that her role at all safe is shit, because she is shit. She is nothing.

>Got no fucking clue about Ollie though.
He literally says to Elliot when he makes him take the hard drives to White Rose he is technically Elliot’s superior

extracting ciphertext is a meme

>I didnt have one so i tried a sql injection and got blocked.
Good. Keeps scrubs like you out of the game.

If getting a code is above your skill ceiling, HTB is not for you yet. It can be, if you practice though.

What a stupid thing to say.

that is just rude

This is not a hot take; season 3 makes this pretty explicit.

inspect element

Majority of the people on HTB haven't even pwned many machines outside of one or two. I bet these shitters don't even know how to use Radare2.

unironically work for bank, as a security guy now. lol. goddamnit

I got global elite in csgo

>systemd gives root privileges to any user whos name starts with 0
I knew things were bad, but not like this...

Attached: 1486654132910.gif (222x162, 997K)

Security what, guard? Lmao

>not that easy when you have wpa2 psk encryption mongaloid
That's where fluxion comes in, you mongoloid

lmao

It's a horrible show

Nah the first season is SOTY

Where's that clip from?

Not necessarily with 0. Every user that starts with a number but is not a digit gets root privileges by systemd. It's a known bug but Poettering won't fix it and adverstises it as a feature

I went back to college to finish my CS degree to get a comfy job like him

The absolute state of system d
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14682210

that's not even the worst thing, according to Lennie it's not a bug

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-03 19-46-32.png (740x269, 28K)

I got a STEM degree and am getting trained as an analyst working under the NSA

ayy lmaooo

cybersecurity degree so I suppose I did, though it had nothing to do with this show

Started doing hard drugs

I started shitposting in /hmg/, downloaded the Web Application Hacker's Handbook and realized I have no time to read this since I have to do my final thesis.
3 more months until I can become a real haxor

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Don't really know what to do with them.
torrentbox

Lets say I'm connected to someone else's router. How easy is it for it's owner to find out, what can he know about me? What is the safest way one goes about using said routers internet connection?