Cloud Storage

>What software are you using to store your files?
>How do you make your files accessible from anywhere, and also allow people of your choice to use your private storage space?
>Why do you use Nextcloud, which obviously sucks?

Private cloud storage thread

Attached: nice-cloud.png (491x320, 14K)

what's better than Nextcloud? It's dead simple, with a pretty good ecosystem of plugins and client apps, all FOSS. If you know something better I'd love to try it.

Also is owncloud dead yet?

Nextcloud is too slow. It takes me 5 minutes to upload a 700MB mp4 to the server, from my phone that's in the same network as the server.

I have the impression that owncloud is more stable, running it on my second server atm.

Personal "cloud" software is just badly reinvented file service.

there's probably a more optimized way to watch movies/tv shows on your phone, like plex or kodi+emby. or even an nfs/smb client and a media player (?)

Syncthing is teh shit desu

this, if you're using anything beyond SFTP you're vastly over-complicating things.

Are there any free cloud services offering over 50gb anymore?

>What software are you using to store your files?
2TB colocated Debian server with 100Mbit unmetered internet access
>How do you make your files accessible from anywhere, and also allow people of your choice to use your private storage space?
SFTP. Everyone has their home directory, and then there's a folder everyone has access to.
>Why do you use Nextcloud, which obviously sucks?
I don't. There's virtually no reason to not just use the simple, effective tools.

Too bloated. It's a huge single point of failure with all its integrated services, much like systemd.

are you connecting to your server's internal or external IP?

pCloud

>Coca cola, pepsi, twitter, snapchat.
Gg wp

I use a Synology NAS which makes all of this dead simple even if you don't want to forward ports for remote access. I do of course but when first fucking around with it was nice to just get it going with a few clicks

i got nextcloud on my server.
just werkz

Samba plus home VPN. Just add a link in my home folder to the position I mount it, done.

Google Drive

I'm almost certain you set it up wrong. The Android app is pretty shit, but file transfers should still be at wire speed.

Versioning, auto-sync, encryption, multi factor auth, API key auth, brower interface, public and inter-user file sharing, voice/video conference calls, office integration, all the great plugins (which several of the previous features actually are).
It's far from perfect but it's pretty nice, especially when you've got several people using it.

Google Drive

I have Nextcloud on my server. Sounded like a nice idea at the time, but I only really use it for syncing photos from my phone. Everything else I just use Samba/NFS for.

Just migrated to new Nextcloud 13 server, text message backup, notes, and calendar sync are dope. Its like hosting your own Google

I downloaded nextcloud with snap. How the fuck do I execute the program? I swear I read through documentation.

Every desktop OS has tools for managing files locally. Services like SMB and NFS let you access remote files transparently as if they were on the same computer you are accessing them from. The only point of the "cloud" software is to emulate the exact feel of using Dropbox, which is superfluous when the files aren't being backed up to a computer you don't own.

>>What software are you using to store your files?
Nextcloud
>>How do you make your files accessible from anywhere, and also allow people of your choice to use your private storage space?
I've got fiber at home with a pretty good upload speed. I choose who gets to use the server as I've got a lot of pirated stuff and the server also pirates for me
>>Why do you use Nextcloud, which obviously sucks?
Mostly for desktop and phone software. Everybody's photos and files get uploaded automatically. As well as backing up of contacts. I don't want my contacts in the cloud

"Cloud storage" implies someone owns my data which means its a botnet.

Stop shilling non-free file services faggot.

Nextcloud is a PHP web application with various database integration. There is no program for you to execute, you host it with separate web server software such as nginx (which gets configured separately). I don't know what snap is, but if it's anything like a sensible package manager it only downloaded the PHP source code into some directory like /usr/local/www/ and left installing and setting up the web and database servers to you. Read the documentation for further information.

Just use cryptomator with any cloud service

using amazon. 5$ a month for 1tb. only service that fully utilizes my 1gig internet

not this shit again, It's growing yeah but not that fast compared to the expected GE56 demand trade. Troope did mention that upgrade is barely changing to handle the overheating issues that Intel is facing. Either way, we know that its not what they change that matter but what the troope does.

if you think about it, the time from this matters are dealt are really huge. That's why I think Intel and AMD is not a viable option anymore

nextcloud is floss
go to your machine's ip on your browser. seems to be setup so all you need to do.

I just SSH into an odroid

Attached: odroid.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Anyone?