OHHHHHH NO NO NO NOOOOO

OHHHHHH NO NO NO NOOOOO.....
....AAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1525891533896.jpg (1093x732, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gdpr-shield.io
gdpr-info.eu/art-83-gdpr/
gdpr-info.eu/art-58-gdpr/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol

Honestly, if their business model is so reliant on spying on their users then I feel as if nothing of value was lost.

>OHHHHHH NO NO NO NOOOOO.....
Go back to your containment board. This is weeks old now.

> gdpr-shield.io
Seems to be working

Attached: 123.png (936x97, 4K)

Lol with JS?
I'm curious about how they did it.

I wouldn't want to visit any website that isn't GDPR compliant so that's a good thing

the funny part is that the gdpr laws do nothing against spying

this

Ok, stop using Jow Forums then.

>thinks its about spying
>can just ask for data as long as can make it relevant for apps use which most will be fine with as a feature needs it
>have to handle data requests and deletion within 30 days

Or copy a bit of code to exclude people from a market you're not working in

Where were you when the EU saved the internet?

>lose thousands in fines from non-compliance
you're not only not allowed to collect new, but you have to ensure erasure of old
sorry ;)

Pretty much this, it doesn't stop any large corp from spying or even keeping userdata.
It only affects small businesses which can't keep abreast of constant EU changes.

EU is attempting to shut down the idea of small business and consolidate everything into a few megacorps they think they can control.

>a market you're not working in
if you have worked in it, it's retroactive

Hasn't worked in a month or more.

well the problem is that the adtech and """analytics""" industry in general shouldn't exist. So if they drive any small and/or large ad companies out of business, any way you slice it, that's still a positive development for the internet.

>disable js
>use website
>sue them
uh oh...

Still waiting for you to stop using Jow Forums.

Would unironically be a good thing if GPDR bankrupted 4cahn. (it won't, but theoretically speaking) The normalfags would be dispersed back to facebook and ifunny and 9gag and reddit and everyone else would find smaller chans that both respected your privacy more and didn't have the excess traffic that makes Jow Forums so shit these days.

The real "fix" is to stop going to sites that don't respect your privacy and personal data. These laws won't do jack shit aside from giving a couple of interns 20 minutes of work to be compliant.

>AJAX call to their server
>checks IP address in geo IP database
>return 1 if euro else 0
>If it returned 0 load the rest of the page, if 1 display an error message
... is how I'd do it.

No, only the dumb euromutts will be banned while the rest of the world will continue using this site as normal.

>connecting to some servers located in the united shitholes of america
>ever
Such is the life of 99% of the people living outside your POS country.

Where is the server connected to to make this post?

I'm in the 1%, you fuckface.

Pretty simple. Interesting.

>JavaScript
won't affect me. that's why i could still sue you :^)

local botnetflare server

Wait what?
If you're not in the EU you're not bound by the GDPR. It doesn't matter where your visitors are from.

Until some Jewish Goldstein lawyer decides to try it in court against a bunch of businesses anyway, forcing them to either pay out or pay for expensive lawyers to defend themselves from bullshit claims.
Easier just to block if you don't need EU visitors.

Good. Now I just wish sites like Etsy would allow the option to block purchases from the EU. I only sell digital art, but am required to sell to EU residents and abide by EU regulations. No offense to Europeans, but I can see why most of you are employees rather than business owners. Your laws and regulations are terrible! I don’t feel comfortable displaying my home address just because I sell furry commissions for fucks sake

Goldstein will lose and be forced to pay the court proceedings and damages.

The EU are the same people who fined Google 10 billion Euros for putting Google Shopping on the first page of search results, and Microsoft 20 billion for including IE with Windows. Europeans are retarded.

>Europeans are retarded.
You mean Europeans are poor and scamming every last penny they can from American tech companies before we build a firewall around their entire continent and cut them off.

Seriously, fuck them. They don’t produce anything. A continent of wage slave drones and welfare queens. The EU is just bad for business.

Only If you've got the cash to pay for a lawyer in the first place since their invoice will be due immediately, it doesn't wait the 3-4 years the EU will take to maybe collect the money from the litigator.
Moreover, there is potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in travel costs that won't ever be reimbursed.
Your right in that if you never, *ever* intend to do business in the EU, or visit any EU nation as a tourist (ever) you can just ignore it for now.

But if you ever want to do business or travel in EU after false claim is made, you need to spend the money to defend yourself (most of which won't be reimbursed since EU doesn't consider travel costs).

It's just a complete mess for small business and right now, at least until this has been tried in court and a precedent set, the best way to compliance for a small Aus/US/Canada/etc business is just blocking EU.

It won't be this way forever, Jewish Goldstein can't help himself and as soon as a single case gets thrown out, it will set a nice precedent which will open everything back up.

What's the easiest way to get websites to treat me like I'm from the EU?

I'm hoping for some simple user agent spoofing or something, not using an EU VPN.

>tfw the EU wants to protect my data but I give it to the companies for free

hehe... nothin personnel EU

Attached: tfw4.png (159x193, 74K)

You can always move to a 1st world country

There is nothing “1st world” about a place where most of you can’t even afford cars and are herded like cattle onto trains and subways with a million smelly immigrants

Oh shit, I'm gonna try this.

You are getting content and services in exchange. Personal information is payment instead of money. The EU is basically saying companies can't charge for their services.

Everyone can afford cars here but due to the small size of our countries its better to use public transport
And you fell for the immigration meme from Jow Forums

>They don’t produce anything
then how come europe has a higher gdp than north america? fucking cretin

if you want to conduct business in europe, you have to be gdpr compliant. if you don't want to conduct business in europe, you can freely misuse and sell your customers data. yes, it's that simple.

Attached: 2018-06-03_021519_scrot.jpg (709x427, 53K)

uk-cuck here, i completely agree with this, GDPR is fucking stupid

>The EU is basically saying companies can't charge for their services.
wat
the EU isn't stopping anyone from putting their worthless content behind a paywall, dumbfuck.

the only companies that will suffer are those that have nothing worth buying and illegally sell their users private information.

>almost twice the population
>inflated prices everywhere
>barely more GDP

Why are you so eager to give your private info to random corporations?

To add, this has focused so far on the rest of the Anglosphere, but if we focus just on Australia for a second -
There is no way to reconcile GDPR and Australia's Mandatory Metadata Retention laws. (which are retarded and we bemoaned the fuck out of them, but the Goldman Sachs candidate Malcolm Turnbull enacted them anyway*)

Again, I hope this is solved sooner rather than later, I have no want to actually block EU, but right now - there just isn't a way out.
>*Maybe this whole GDPR - MDR incompatibility will actually kill the MDR laws, which would be great.

Why are you? You keep using this site when it has been confirmed to track and sell your data.

Attached: goalpost.jpg (594x395, 89K)

This
Europeans are faggots, they have zero entrepreneurial spirit and are content with wagekeking for the rest of their lives to some jew. They have no idea how much of a hassle it is to deal with EU regulations while you’re trying to actually make something of yourself and do business because they gave up a long time ago.

Private information is the same as monetary payment. It has a value and is exchanged for the content or services of a website. If you don't agree with the payment, stop using the website. Why do you need a nanny government to tell you what you can and cannot do with your information?

> Personal information is payment instead of money.
I got an EULA and privacy policy that if companies want to do anything with my private data or contact me, they consent to give me all their copyrights and other intellectual property as well as financial accounting detail for any and all use, whenever I ask, in perpetuity.

Copyrights and all intellectual property are my payment instead of their money, right?

The fact that they're selling your info is secret by most website you cum guzzling faggot. You can't pay for something that you don't know is there.

PS: If you don't agree with this, stop using this copyrighted and otherwise EULA covered information and delete it off your computer, right now. Keeping it around in any form is agreement of course.

It's not secret. Maybe you should stop blindingly trusting every link you see on the internet and do your research on which ones are trustworthy.

>Why do you need a nanny government to tell you what you can and cannot do with your information?
are you just pretending?
the gdpr is not about how I can use MY data, it's about how THEY (i.e. corporations) can use MY data. you can still give consent to any company you'd like if you really want to gobble on corporate cock and have your data sold to data merchants or in case of a breach to criminals all over the world.

Lol make me, faggot. I don’t live in the EU where similar bullshit is actually law to help mega corps.

>2014 figures
Let's see some Trump era numbers.

Turns out that with the GDPR, private information is not payment, it's the respective user's intellectual property [of sorts] and can't be transferred in perpetuity or just handed off with a blanket EULA or privacy policy wishlist.

Only with point-by-point non-coercive agreement, specific usage rights can be granted until revoked, and there are other conditions.

I don't give a shit about your EULA and privacy policy because it won't hold up in court.

Wew, democrat policies really fucked us. That other guy has a point, you have almost twice the population. Of course we’d do worse doing the same thing with less people.

If you had the choice, why would you choose to send give away your data? You're basically asking companies to give you things for free, because they can't treat you differently whether you give them data or not. As expected of a communist organization.

refer to the guy i quoted originally said "They don’t produce anything.", but the eu clearly does. otherwise how do you explain those numbers? or are you saying the us isn't producing "anything" either?

No, that was a variant on US law, not the EU law.

It's the USA that [maybe?] thinks some shitty privacy policy / EULA wish list that grants a company whatever privileges they want to grab over a citizen's own private data or other belongings could possibly be valid.

>I feel as if nothing of value was lost
Just like europoors after I paste this bit of code in every site I got access to.

>You're basically asking companies to give you things for free
no, i'm asking them to put their content behind a paywall instead of selling my private information against my will. if they have anything of interest i'll gladly pay them with actual money, instead of having my data sold against my will.
the only reason you'd get upset about this is if you know that your content is worthless garbage that people wouldn't pay for.

>if their business model is so reliant on spying
They may not be spying, but compliance is shitty and GDPR is charging hundreds of millions
>Facebook, Google face complaints worth $8 billion over GDPR
If you by mistake forget one point, you're fucked. I would be inclined to ban EU instead, as I wouldn't comply with their retarded policy. Protect user data is okay, but they went full retard.

It’s called hyperbole, retard. I was exaggerating to make a point that euros on average are worthless fucks with zero ambition

Certainly, the EU almost certainly also won't permit such a privacy policy / EULA, same as it doesn't permit this shit as permission to use private data.

This is purely for the USA.

If you don't want to sell your data, then simply don't use this site. Retarded regulations like this are preventing others from selling their data, because companies just end up banning them preemptively.

>euros on average are worthless fucks with zero ambition
that's not what you've said at first.

Attached: Baker Botts Backpedal.jpg (336x260, 12K)

Sorry, the USA won't permit it either. Keep dreaming buddy.

> compliance is shitty
Nope. It is simple. If you had the patience to collect people's private data, you also have it to get agreement.

>If you by mistake forget one point, you're fucked.
No. The GDPR has a long list of reasons why you wouldn't be fucked, such as it being an accident and you complying after being warned.

>be american
>have your data sold
>get shot
great country

why does it upset you so much that companies now first have to inform european users that their data will be sold and get their consent instead of doing it almost entirely in secret (no one reads the eula, stop kidding yourself) and preying on the uninformed normalfags that don't even know their data is being sold?
why do you enjoy getting your ass penetrated by corporate dicks so much?

The USA permitting almost any bullshit in its EULA / privacy policies is more than half the reason why GDPR was needed.

What's the obstacle to enforcing mine? Not enough corruption money?

If anything is a testament to how lazy and bad at their job webdevs are this is.

While there are two or three decent European posters on Jow Forums, I think it'd be a net improvement if hiroshima range nuked the EU.

>what is hyperbole
Europoor education

Why do you keep on using Jow Forums if you care about your data so much? Hiroshima collects and sells every click you make.

I don't really see anything wrong with this. Most of the sites that this would affect have no real purpose and/or are a bad influence on those who use them. It would just be another unhealthy thing that the EU had banned.

Also, I dislike en masse data collection like the kind this act is trying to prevent, because it implies that a good portion of the internet is being used for social media/gaming/other meaningless data exchange. Just think of what else that bandwidth could have been used for.

>how they did it
they dont, its just an overlay
designed by stupid, for stupid

The obstsacle is that it's absolutely retarded and no one will take you seriously. Enough fantasy larping for you.

>it's just an overlay

What if it crashes all of the page scripts with uncaught promise rejections when it detects EU?

because i don't consider my more or less anonymous posts valuable private information.
my name, address, bank details and telephone number are valuable private information. i only share those details with those that absolutely need it to provide their service to me.

why are you dodging my question?

(cont'd)
To elaborate a bit, all of these are valid reasons why they CAN'T fine you [or not anywhere near the maximum amount]:
gdpr-info.eu/art-83-gdpr/

You'll instead just get a warning if you slip up accidentally and mildly and get pointed at what's wrong:
gdpr-info.eu/art-58-gdpr/

That you'd "be fucked" is plain scaremongering.

i am happy to give away false data

i do not enter my real data onto the internets

scooby

it would be a shame to lose 4% of your revenue to everyone that used a proxy

You have to pay for it

No such thing as a free lunch. Econ 101. If a “product” is free, then you’re the product. Sites like Google will have to find some other way to stay profitable in the EU, because right now it’s just a sunk cost.

The EU really should have just been more direct about it and said "personal information may not be used for advertising, marketing, or analytics, by the collector or anyone else" The sin of GDPR is pussyfooting around, they should have just killed targeted advertising as a whole, completely.

> absolutely retarded
That's why I'm counting on the USA!

Unlimited EULA / privacy destroying policies, business patents, mickey mouse copyright extension acts, and everything else suggest I might be in business there.

I hope you aren't using Jow Forums with a browser logged into any other sites. Because all that can be correlated. It csn even be done via IP, so unless you use a separate VPN specifically for browsing this site, Hiroshima most likely knows your name, your number, your searches, and sells it.

Fucking this
Thinking of just closing my Etsy shop since Europoor law allows any scammer to make a digital purchase and then demand refund no matter what, yet you can’t “return” a digital item

EU is a literal cancer that enables megacorp monopoly and stamps out small business.

again, why are you dodging my question?

Why don't you go ahead and try then, your dumb euromutt larper? There's a reason your real GDP per capita is less than half the US, which is really something considering all the leeches we have here.

don't think about it
just do it

and then make your own online store