My fucking hand is in pain, probalby because spending whole life pushing buttons and clicking mouse. Am i fucked now?

My fucking hand is in pain, probalby because spending whole life pushing buttons and clicking mouse. Am i fucked now?

Attached: carpal tunel syndrome.jpg (500x375, 25K)

Not necessarily. Stop using a computer for a while Try picking up some books. Then switch your mouse and keyboard to more ergonomic ones..

yes, i think that working on laptops may be hard for hands, any cheap keyboards/ergonomic setups?

Microsoft Natural Elites go for $30 used, which is what they cost new in 1999, but they're tanks.
I'm still typing on my original.
Takes a couple weeks to get used to it and then there's no going back.

if you think it may be an RSI then you need to stop and take a break from what you are doing. it will likely mean taking a week or two off and letting your muscles etc heal

you like the rest of the retards wont do this, so just to let you know this will become permanent if you never address it.

no doing hand and wrist stretches will not help now, only rest will

Thoroughly massage the area where the wrist meets the hand from time to time. Use a memory foam wrist rest (not gel, that will fuck you up).

Bend your wrists all the way back, then spread your arms as wide as they can go so your fingers are pointing behind you. You'll know you are doing it right when you can feel a pulling sensation in your fingertips. Just do a few reps of that every day. This will also have a slight beneficial effect if you are trying to work your biceps.

>spent a week continously typing because I wanted to learn C, taking breaks for naps and shit
>Know Java but that's shit
>After a week I took a night to sleep properly
>Wake up, wrist can't deviate from the position I kept while typing
>Hurt like shit when I moved
>Decide to take a break, then school started
>Haven't programmed anything since
Why am I retarded

>Jow Forums - Free Clinic

In fact, working on laptops is probably better for you than the alternative, but using any tool wrong is a recipe for disaster.
The source of RSI and carpal tunnel isn't "using a keyboard", or "using a laptop".

It's "constantly bending your wrists at oblique angles or pinching the huge number of tendons going through your wrists"

When you're typing, your hands should be STRAIGHT with your forearms. Not bent.
Using a laptop at a lower elevation than your elbows encourages this.

Unless you're one of those retards who always faces the keyboard towards their chest and the monitor towards their laps to type. THAT shit is a recipe for RSI.

>because spending whole life pushing buttons and clicking mouse.
And masturbating

Attached: unnamed.gif (400x300, 422K)

>wrist rest
If you can set up your desk or work environment so that your wrist is never touching anything ever, that's already infinitely better than any kind of wrist rest.

If you can't afford real doc (like two grand if your insurance doesn't cover this), you can loosen the carpal tunnel yourself:
Wash your hands.
Prepare some high volume alcohol or medical disinfectant.
Make sure you're using clean sharp blade (ideally wash it with the alcohol or run it under a flame for a bit right before the procedure).
Prepare some clean(!) cloth for the wraps
Seriously, wash your hands!
Go half an inch deep, maybe 0.75 if you're fatty, but no more,
Cut like two inches away from your wrist towards the elbow, there will be light bleeding, that's normal. Stretch the cut with your fingers. You should see rubbery membrane, carefully cut that (but don't go any deeper).
Clean the cut with alcohol/disinfectant, wrap in bandages, if you did it right you won't needs stitching.
Give it a rest for another two or three days, replacing the bandages every 8-12 hours, there might be light swelling, that's normal. If you get fevers, the standard antibiotics will keep them in check, just make sure you stay hydrated and replace the bandages whenever they get sweaty.
Then you can start using your hand again but keep it bandaged until the cut is fully sealed (about 2 weeks).

I've gone the last 22 years of using computers spending hours upon hours every day typing and clicking nonstop, most of the time on hard desks with no mousepad and all I ever get are mild backaches, how frail are you people?

Attached: 1512860363623.jpg (1080x799, 113K)

how long has it hurt for?
Are you one of those dumbasses who waits until he can't speak through tooth pain before he goes to the dentist?

Not him but a week.

some people naturally have good posture and wrist strength
truly you must be a paragon of modern man

Attached: 1385344152384.png (1300x1236, 491K)

If it's hurt for a week then take the same amount of time off to let yourself recover.
Try holding a push-up position for a few minutes every day (or even just doing some pushups), the wrist strain will hurt a little at first, but in a different way than typing does. It will help strengthen your hands.
Do arm and shoulder stretches too, not just wrist stretches.
When you go back to work, try to keep your hands strong, and take breaks to stretch man.
Remember to breathe, slow and natural. The way you breathe is the way you live.

I'm not a doctor, but this worked for me when I was spending too much time at the computer in college.

Laptop keyboards are often small which is murder. You can't have straight wrists when they're cocked in to get your fingers on the keys.

The right equipment can make a huge difference. I did it for 15 years without a problem, tried a year with some shit mouse that had my wrist on fire every time I tried to click, then rested and switched mice and was fine again.

Make sure your work area is ergonomically sound
Discontinue use of computer untill your symptoms clear up
Get a trackball mouse/ergonomic keyboard

Are you doing rsi exercises?
They help a lot and quickly too, just doing them once every few hours is fine.

Attached: ds00692_im00780_ans7_finkelsteintestthu_jpg.jpg (400x421, 20K)

Carpet tunnel is a bitch

Get an iPad, touchscreens are unironically a better interface for your hands

>some people naturally have good posture and wrist strength
>got called "Mr. Burns" in middleschool

Attached: 1507350154582.jpg (435x435, 18K)

>my hand is in pain
>from pushing buttons and clicking mouse

your hand is in pain. you are not fucked. if the worst pain you've felt is that from typing too much, you need to go to the er immediately and make sure to let everyone know you're wasting their time by being a complete pussy. Let me know how "fucked" you think you are after working any labor job.

Put ice on it and take a break for 15. You have cramps, a strain, or pulled muscle. Nothing drinking mustard won't fix...

>Let me know how "fucked" you think you are after working any labor job.
You'd be surprised how painful RSI and carpal tunnel can be even if you are familiar with labor injuries. A broken rib or a sprained ankle will heal, but chronic pain is a curse.

please save us Jow Forums

Attached: 9a15d8e851833d36798d8a4f9c6014a0.jpg (520x693, 35K)

Up until the close proximity required due to small screens and microstresses from the lack of tactile response and typos ultimately ends up twisting you into a bitter and sullen husk, sure.

DON'T, IT WILL CREATE MUSTARD GAS

>better
different, not better

>advanced masturbatory techniques

>>he cars abut typos

Foudn the millenial.

>I don't understand how nerve pain and nerve deterioration works
I'm sorry you have no feelings in your hands from lifting bricks all day but we do feel shit and it's very painful

>t. percocet addict

I don't do drugs because drugs are degenerate

joke on yu budy i hav alzheimerz

Well I do and I can smell a fellow junkie from a mile away, nobody else bitches about pain that much.

rite on lad

Attached: 1510421875730.jpg (747x555, 147K)

I had severe carpal tunnel for 5 years, nothing worked. Then I read the BS-sounding book and within a month it was cured. Now have CS degree with no pain problems.

Attached: 51oDh-WjWlL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (221x346, 28K)

What is it about?

It says RSIs and back pain and whatnot are psycho-somatic. Your brain restricts blood flow, among other mechanisms, to create pain to distract you from emotional shit. Apparently the mild oxygen deprivation bit has been clinically proven. Sounds like nonsense, but I would have been cured 2 years earlier if I had just given it a read when I first heard of it rather than waiting until after I tried everything else.

jesus fucking christ

Do you know what else has been proven? The placebo effect. You've been duped by quackery.

>duped
>it works
kek

that's america for you.

Begin worst, better make exercises and use good mouse,keyboard and good posture.

Tried switching to trackball, both thumb and finger variants. Didn't work

Tried trackpad, didn't work

Tried trackpoint, now I'm pain free. Pretty crazy.