I've just tried using Windows for a day and half and holy shit, it is so utterly bad

Had to use Edge to download a better browser before I could do anything. Then I had to download lots of missing drivers from dubious websites and had to trust lots of bloated installers, which btw left tons of crap on the filesystem. Speaking of the filesystem, it's pretty bad and terribly slow, too. The lack of native SSHFS mount points made me a bit sad. How do you guys seamlessly and securely access private files from other computers on the local network or the internet? Then there were tons of issues with the crappy UI and its countless inconsistencies. Unfortunately, I was unable to customize the desktop environment and it felt like I didn't own my computer. The amount of ads in the start menu and file browser was really annoying, too. And every time there was an upgrade, I was forced to pause my work and reboot, which took ages, even on a super fast machine, for no apparent reason. I didn't have any control over the system and it also felt like I was being spied on the entire time. Really uncomfortable. The worst part about all this was that I had to pay for the whole experience. Truly disappointing. So glad to be back to Linux.

Attached: no-windows.png (992x624, 31K)

to actually like win 10 you either need to be an idiot that care little for computers or tweak the legitimate hell out of the thing like i did and trust me even now i hate most aspects of it but am forced to use it

I feel [bs]ad for you

I use Linux under Win10, one click install, actual video drivers, non shit battery life, etc. etc.

Best of both worlds

finally someone actually sane on Jow Forums

You don't know anything about free software (as in freedom), the Linux kernel, privacy, security, software packages or proper development environments, don't you?
The proper way would be running Windows in a VM with passthrough on a Linux host, so that the Windows guest system doesn't have access to your private data.

Attached: calculator.png (559x421, 37K)

I just installed Windows 10 for the first time in a few years today. In a VM, of course.

And holy shit, I forgot how much of a cuck OS it is. From the installer which lets you toggle options like telemetry and baked-in ads from "cucked" to "slightly less cucked" (and also forces you to sit through an introduction by Cortana and begs you to log in to a Microsoft account), the way you're begged no less than 3 times to stick with Edge while trying to install a different browser, and of course, the forced updates. There's so much bloat and dumb shit installed by default it's ridiculous, with several programs having both a legacy version and a shitty new Win 10 version installed. The UI is such a fucking mess, too--I'm currently using KDE, which I consider to have a pretty cluttered and incoherent UI, but it's got nothing on how shitty Win 10's UI is. What a dreadful OS.

Attached: calc.png (338x386, 11K)

Nice blog

>linux crybaby lying again

Windows 10 does suck pretty big balls and the update system is still slow as fuck. I'll just stick to dual booting 7 until they get their shit together.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-03 06-25-33.png (610x483, 30K)

yeah, lets be honest guys, windows 10 is one hunk of pajeet poo and we all know it. not even gonna lie

10/10 blog post

The update system has quite literally never been faster.
Like I totally get its popular to hate windows now, but c'mon son. Dual booting 7 is the slowest option.

>Then I had to download lots of missing drivers from dubious websites and had to trust lots of bloated installers
Stopped reading here
You're lying out of your ass.

How can you sleep at night knowing that you're so full of shit?
Don't you get constipated?

>install Windows
>no ethernet drivers

No such thing as being honesty here. All false flagging and shills for them (you)'s. People willing to be contrarian just for the sake of getting someones attention. Threads and arguments like these will continue to appear tomorrow if not in another hour, constantly repeating the same images, insults and explanations as to why you are wrong.

See this faggot here?He knows he is wrong. Doesn't stop him from spewing garbage for the (you) he is so desperately lusting for.

Linux is shit, Windows is shittier, and FagOS is the shittiest. No discuss.

yeah but i need muh gayms

>You're lying out of your ass.
1. nvidia drivers - big and bloated installer with spyware included
2. creative sound card drivers - installer with bloatware included
3. logitech drivers - big and bloated installer with lots of spyware included
4. dvbs2 TV card drivers - installer with bloatware included
5. samsung ADB drivers - installer with bloatware included

Linux is OK but lacks an ultra polished DE on an ultra polished distro, macOS is terrible and a walled garden with lots of issues, Windows is a pile of shit written and designed by curry niggers and only has its market share because of EEE and aggressive and illegal tactics by M$ in the 90s

It stinks of curry, fucking paid shills.

Copy-pasting powershell scripts removes 95% of the hassle, the extra 5% is just by not being retarded. Looks like OP is too incompetent to even ctrl+c ctrl+v.
Running linnicks natively under windows by the way, no need to worry about unoptimised drivers, battery life, everything just werks etc

Attached: w sub l.jpg (750x597, 47K)

Contrarian.

She is not XP but still gets the job done.

Attached: 1527939782539.png (482x424, 138K)

I had none of the problems you had, maybe your hardware is outdated?

>not using SnappyDriver
You're just an idiot, OP. Everything you've bitched about is absolute amateur-tier garbage. A+fags know more than you.

>1. nvidia drivers
The fuck? It's always auto download and install by Windows Update everytime

Attached: image.jpg (625x626, 103K)

Windows update even installed my esoteric printer's driver automatically. Wanna complain about Windows? Then at least be honest about it, cunt.

Either that or you're too stupid to use an OS that holds your hand during most of the setup process. I don't like it either, but at least with this, what you said should be a non-issue.

Sounds like a lot of Y O U problems

Oh yeah? Well I inherited a laptop with W10 and the fucking cunt is pinned at 100% hard disk usage. I edited the registry, changed the power settings and followed a half-dozen other pieces of advice online and it's STILL fucking doing it.

Whoever rubber-stamped this abortion of an OS should be brought before the Hague.

Had to use firefox to download a better browser before I could do anything. Then I had to download lots of missing drivers from dubious repositories and had to trust lots of bloated installers, which btw left tons of crap on the filesystem. Speaking of the filesystem, it's pretty bad and terribly slow, too. I had to worry about things like mount points? I got shit to do. How do you guys seamlessly and securely access private files from other computers on the local network or the internet? Then there were tons of issues with the crappy UI and its countless inconsistencies. Unfortunately, I was unable to customize the desktop environment and it felt like I didn't own my computer. The number of glitches in the start menu and file browser was really annoying, too. And every time there was an upgrade, I was forced to pause my work and browse multiple forums inputting random bash commands to try and get my applications working again, which took ages, even on a super fast machine, for no apparent reason. I didn't have any control over the system and it also felt like I was being spied on the entire time. Really uncomfortable. The worst part about all this was that I had to pay for the whole experience with hours of my time (Which isn't free!). Truly disappointing. So glad to be back to Windows.

Nice remix of all the usual bait threads.

based

>sure senpai, lemme hook up with HipsterOS

You just aren't used to it
But egde actually works as a browser unlike ie

your response had nothing to do with what you replied to. please fuck off

Pic related was fixed in win 10

you seem confused

>using a closed-source non-free proprietary botnet fucking browser
how fucking sad

I don't use it of course

just fucking kill youself fucking autistic WinSlave cunt, and enjoy your anal rape by another M$ Shitdows update

not true

Attached: calculator.png (1314x700, 97K)

>Then I had to download lots of missing drivers from dubious websites

I find that hard to believe desu

Oh hey, I’m you. Only with 92% cpu usage every time it wakes (ie whenever I need to use the fucking thing). Never the same process either. Kill or de-schedule one and another will take its place next time. Simply stunning.

Sounds like PEBCAK to me

Windows 10 *the OS* is without a doubt inferior to Gahnoo/Linux in 2018 for pretty much everything.
The only advantage you may have using Windows is exclusive software, which again is not a merit of the OS itself.

your 10 year old chinkpad is not "super fast machine"

1/10. made me reply.

Use Windows 7

>The update system has quite literally never been faster
Is that supposed to be good?
Windows Update is one of the most hated pieces of software design on the internet for a good reason.
Polished shit is still shit

literally everything is better than windows. android tablet plugged into monitor + keyboard + mouse is better.

>Had to use Edge to download a better browser before I could do anything.
>before I could do anything.
>anything.
Maybe a tablet would be better for you if you just want a Tumblr terminal.

?

Attached: 1502846528549.png (350x558, 144K)

The bait is far too obvious.

>Blocks your broken path

Attached: pill.png (2560x1440, 1009K)

You made me test it, and to my astonishment, you're actually right.

Windows thinks (and there may be some ground on that) that most of their userbase are brainlets that don't know arithmetic operators precedence. Therefore, on standard mode it works simply left to right with no precedence considerations, if you switch to scientific it works as it should.

I think the same policy applies to all windows products, make it for retards by default, allow enabling advanced options for the minority of non-retarded users.

foobar is the only software I'm missing.
Just nothing handles my library as good as foobar did

It's not that bad. I bought a cheap 13.3" laptop with a N4200 and 4 GB RAM and 64 GB eMMC storage a few weeks ago. It also had a free M2 slot which fit a 256 GB stick nicely. Interestingly the exact same model was available in a 4GB RAM & 128 GB SSD option at the exact same price I paid for my model and the 256 GB stick. I installed GNU/Linux on the 256 GB drive and kept the Wintendo infestation on the 64 GB eMMC drive so I can set the BIOS to boot directly into Windows in case border control nazi demand that I allow them access to it.

To me Windows 10 seems just fine for browsing the web and watching videos and things like that. My biggest issue with it is that it can't do network audio which means no playing quality audio off my surround system. Bluetooth audio's also got a huge lag on Windows and it's really noticeable. And odd because Bluetooth audio works fine under GNU/Linux.

I haven't tried playing too much with it but to me it seems like I'll be able to use it to play music and videos on trains and things like that when I travel (so I don't have to unlock my encrypted GNU/Linux installation). Wouldn't want to use it for anything more than that, though.

>from dubious websites
Jesus, stop buying Chinkshit hardware.

You're in scientific mode which acts like a scientific calculator where the entire equation is calculated in one go when you press equals.
In the basic mode it acts like a stack calculator and the part up the top is just an input history. It calculates two sums together at a time.
Millennials complain because they have never used a standard desk calc and don't realize that Microsoft is just being consistent in their software because this is how the calculator in Windows has worked since it was implemented.

Attached: Untitled.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

>Windows thinks (and there may be some ground on that) that most of their userbase are brainlets that don't know arithmetic operators precedence.
That makes no sense.
If they don't know arithmetic operator precedence then it would make all the more sense to have it do BEDMAS for you.
Your reasoning is backwards.

This

Haha, it's like a parody to those 'Linux is shit' threads.

>GNU/Linux

No you're not

Attached: 1527428752321.png (817x443, 34K)

>ads in file browser

Nah, adapt to the user, don't make the user adapt to you. That's the philosophy behind I suppose.

Also this way you have a valid partial result at every step of the operation (instead of having to remember things), which of course is much more useful for brainlets. That is, unless they started to use parentheses, but no worries, there is no such thing on standard mode!

Nice bait. Literal fake news.

> Having to download random shit in order to download more random shit
You Windows shills are actually hilarious, you'll go to such great lengths to defend your spyware.

arc-dark +1

How quickly and vigorously this degrades to name calling and whatnot, even featuring a parody of OPs post while failing to see that the OP itself is a parody of another thread.

Attached: 1444872614316.png (1638x1912, 264K)

you know the nvidia "installer" is just a self extracting archive right? You can delete anything you want beforehand.

That's a common issue that's related to the indexing system Windows uses, and it feels the need to reindex its fs every single time it has a major security update or feature upgrade. Most of the time you just wait it out. Though using DISM to restore health has solved most problems for me in the past.

Windows 10 was not made for Jow Forums. It was made for people who are illiterate of technology. While macOS was made for the same purpose, Windows was designed to hit as large a number of hardware configs as possible without requiring intense user input.
Most of the problems in Windows are in backwards compatibility with old Win32 stuff. If everything shifted onto .NET and the Windows Runtime 99% of issues would disappear. This appears to be the way Windows is evolving.

>so that the Windows guest system doesn't have access to your private data.
The second you connect that VM to your network, it has access to your private data on the VM. It's the same god damned thing. The only way around the telemetry is never connecting to the internet. VM's are generally not very safe anymore, either.Passthrough is only advantageous in that it doesn't require you to reboot from one OS to another. Please stop with this meme. It's nothing more than an elaborate parlor trick.

This but replace Windows with Linux.

C O M P I L I N G

VM escapes are few and far between. Since telemetry can only collect data from inside the VM, it basically amounts to nothing since you browse, do work, fap, etc. outside the VM. What exactly is your point?

I genuinely miss Photoshop. I've installed GimpPs but I still can't get used to it.
Why the fuck doesn't adobe invest in Linux

Windows is the worst operating system of all time. The whole reason I use GNU/Linux is because of how god damned shitty Windows is.

>Why the fuck doesn't adobe invest in Linux
Microsoft pays them a shitload of money to keep them form doing so. I use Krita anyway so whatever.

>being an autistic child with a misdeveloped sexuality based on chinese cartoon children
The latest Photoshop runs absolutely fine on Linux with WINE and Stream and thousands of games are available natively and sometimes run even better and faster than on Windows. The remaining games can in the vast majority of cases be run via Wine and its DXVK addition, which has made HUGE progress over the past year. Those games and applications which do not run via WINE, can be run in a VM with GPU passthrough.
Windows fags BTFO

>what is the nvidia geforce experience bloat- and spyware

Hahkek

Why would they invest in a server OS?

You are quite right but your post will soon face a barrage of replies claiming WINE is unstable and doesn't work, because their friend tried it once. Others will call you a luddite for avoiding the glorious Windows operating system and not embracing the "comfy" botnet.

Also lolis a best.

Attached: 1438548880744.jpg (1105x1430, 385K)

>Also lolis a best.
just kys before you decide to fuck real children

>because their friend tried it once
I tried, couldn't get working, and decided to use VM instead before deciding to switch back to windows. If I can't do it, then the average people can't do it too.

Attached: 1508361417785.png (218x193, 75K)

>literally an option you can toggle

>having to download bloatware and intervene and trust it

But this is your average windows users.

Attached: 1513688201267.png (799x773, 151K)

I have Windows 10 and I would love to make a switch to Windows 7, but I have no install discs or anything like that. Any places where I can get windows 7 without shilling out money to Microsoft? Preferable that the OS doesn't come with a shit ton of viruses preinstalled.

It literally doesn't work

>tweak the legitimate hello out of the thing.
Sorry mate that's literally the Linux experience. If you call toggling a few switches in an idiot proof UI 'tweaking' i don't know want to say.

>the linux experience
>all distros based on linux have the same experience

there's an OS for every level of tweaking you feel like doing. on a scale of 0 to "I tried to install arch and gave up in 5 min", how many linux-based distros have you tried?

Nice blog. How do I unsubscribe?

I always find that I've much less to download, tweak and change when installing a Linux OS compared to Windows. Tweaking is for those with very personalized workflows like those pimped out window managers you see in desktop treads. Most mainstream distros have defaults that are more sane than their Windows counterparts.

Here's a free headpat.

Attached: 45570640_p0.jpg (528x752, 371K)

>What is standard vs scientific.
Fucking brainlets. The algorithm for scientific is read as human print. Standard is by input order. "Add 3 to 2 and double it." Academic fags use the former and clerks use the latter.

Either way it can all be cleared up by parentheses, equal sign use, and KNOWING what you're actually doing. If you are just entering shit from your hw and assuming the machine knows what you want you're a pretty print high school newfag who deserves to get wrecked.